Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Firearms > Pistols

Notices

Pistols Want to talk pistols? Here's the place.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old February 14th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Grand Member

(York County)
Brown-Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrown-Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrown-Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrown-Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrown-Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrown-Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrown-Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrown-Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrown-Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrown-Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrown-Bear has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kel-Tec Pf9 vs P11. Anybody have an opinion?

Considering a Keltec as a new carry piece. I've narrowed it down to the Pf9 and the P11, biith are 9mm, similar in size, appear to be easily concealable ( which is a must for work reasons). So does anyone here have an opinion as to which is preferable and why?

Thanks.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old February 14th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Grand Member

(Lancaster County)
riverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to riverpirate
Default Re: Kel-Tec Pf9 vs P11. Anybody have an opinion?

I have the P-11 and P3AT. I love the P-11 for its size and capacity ( 10 +1 ). It is easily concealable in waist or ankle ( a little big for pocket ). The weight is nice also , feels solid but not like a light piece of junk. The only thing I dont like about it is the trigger pull. It is long and heavy. You can do a trigger job on them , I just havnt done that to mine yet.
I dont have any experience with the PF-9 so someone else will have to weigh in on that.
Old February 14th, 2010, 03:02 PM

(Northampton County)
Glockman has a reputation beyond reputeGlockman has a reputation beyond reputeGlockman has a reputation beyond reputeGlockman has a reputation beyond reputeGlockman has a reputation beyond reputeGlockman has a reputation beyond reputeGlockman has a reputation beyond reputeGlockman has a reputation beyond reputeGlockman has a reputation beyond reputeGlockman has a reputation beyond reputeGlockman has a reputation beyond repute

PF9 seems to have slightly better trigger. If you must conceal in dress pants the flatter PF9 gets the vote. For belt and pocket holsters visit
www.jsholsters.com The best ammo for a short barrel 9mm is the Corbon
Glaser PowrBall 100 grain +P
Old February 14th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Grand Member

(York County)
Brown-Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrown-Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrown-Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrown-Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrown-Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrown-Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrown-Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrown-Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrown-Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrown-Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrown-Bear has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the input guys. I've heard nightmares about the trigger pull on the lil Kel-tecs, but easily fixed. I'm more leaning towards pocket carry, so maybe the Pf9.
Old February 14th, 2010, 03:41 PM

(Delaware County)
Kb! Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKb! Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKb! Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKb! Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKb! Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKb! Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKb! Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKb! Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKb! Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKb! Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKb! Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown-Bear View Post
Thanks for the input guys. I've heard nightmares about the trigger pull on the lil Kel-tecs, but easily fixed. I'm more leaning towards pocket carry, so maybe the Pf9.

I have a PF9 that I pocket carry in a Blackhawk! size 4 pocket holster and it works great. Thinner but longer than a snubby, but as long as you have average sized pockets you will be fine. Does it "show" more than a P3AT?? Yea, probably a little, but its just a non-descript lump, nothing where someone would think anything about it. And having 7+1 of 9mm in your pocket is a nice feeling
Old February 14th, 2010, 04:22 PM

(Allegheny County)
mpi has a reputation beyond reputempi has a reputation beyond reputempi has a reputation beyond reputempi has a reputation beyond reputempi has a reputation beyond reputempi has a reputation beyond reputempi has a reputation beyond reputempi has a reputation beyond reputempi has a reputation beyond reputempi has a reputation beyond reputempi has a reputation beyond repute

I have both, as well as most of the guns KT makes. the PF9 is the one for concealed carry unless you need the capacity. the PF9 is a but more refined design as well. you can't go wrong regardless of which one you choose.

the customer service is the best in the business as well.
Old February 14th, 2010, 07:27 PM

(Warren County)
markshere2 has a reputation beyond reputemarkshere2 has a reputation beyond reputemarkshere2 has a reputation beyond reputemarkshere2 has a reputation beyond reputemarkshere2 has a reputation beyond reputemarkshere2 has a reputation beyond reputemarkshere2 has a reputation beyond reputemarkshere2 has a reputation beyond reputemarkshere2 has a reputation beyond reputemarkshere2 has a reputation beyond reputemarkshere2 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a p11.

I hate the trigger, and I'd like the single action option, but it's a reliable BUG and I get 12+1 in the pipe.

It's reliable, light and simple. Easy to shoot, and as accurate as that short a barrel can be. Made in America is Good.

Mine's not for sale.
Old February 14th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Grand Member

(Wayne County)
Sandcut has a reputation beyond reputeSandcut has a reputation beyond reputeSandcut has a reputation beyond reputeSandcut has a reputation beyond reputeSandcut has a reputation beyond reputeSandcut has a reputation beyond reputeSandcut has a reputation beyond reputeSandcut has a reputation beyond reputeSandcut has a reputation beyond reputeSandcut has a reputation beyond reputeSandcut has a reputation beyond repute

I own both the PF9 and the P11 and carry both (not simultaneously.) I love both of these pistols and have haven't had any issues with either re: FTF, FTE, etc. They are both great little pistols and the price is affordable as well.

I use the PF9 as my EDC IWB w/ KelTec's pocket clip. I find it to be just as secure as w/ either of the two IWB holsters that I purchased for it. I also have had no problems or concerns over trigger exposure issues. This is a nice, slim gun and, if you're looking for a pocket carry, I can see where this would meet your requirements. I don't wear my pants that baggy. While wearing it IWB, I honestly forget I'm wearing it at times.

I carry my P11 in a Fobus paddle holster. It holds the gun firmly but, it isn't difficult to remove if you do it briskly. For me, it's too pudgy to wear IWB.

Both guns have eaten any ammo that I've stuck into them equally well.

The P11 does have a larger capacity if you get hung up on that. I started carrying a spare mag for the PF9, partially for the extra ammo but, mostly, after all the convincing arguments made here about having a spare mag in case of malfunction.

You can't go wrong in either case IMHO.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old February 14th, 2010, 10:09 PM

(Adams County)
average joe is a glorious beacon of lightaverage joe is a glorious beacon of lightaverage joe is a glorious beacon of lightaverage joe is a glorious beacon of lightaverage joe is a glorious beacon of lightaverage joe is a glorious beacon of light

I use a PF9 as my main carry gun right now. I either carry it IWB, or in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. Very easy to conceal.
Old February 15th, 2010, 08:36 AM

(Delaware County)
plow78 has much to be proud ofplow78 has much to be proud ofplow78 has much to be proud ofplow78 has much to be proud ofplow78 has much to be proud ofplow78 has much to be proud ofplow78 has much to be proud ofplow78 has much to be proud ofplow78 has much to be proud of

as previously stated the Pf9 is much easier to pocket carry. A friend has the Pf9 i tried it comparing pocket carry to my P11 and it is much easier to just put in the pocket. The P11 is nice with the 10+1,i also have a finger ex on my p-11 which is nice, but all in all i would pick the Pf9 for ease of carry esp as it gets warmer.

Last edited by plow78; February 15th, 2010 at 08:39 AM.