Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB80 (Formerly HB 1243, Preemption Law Changes) Is Off to the Governor for Signature!

Thanks to everyone's support of this bill, it has passed a concurrence vote in the House, and is now off to the Governor's desk to be signed. To link to the latest discussion on this effort, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Firearms > Pistols

Notices

Pistols Want to talk pistols? Here's the place.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old January 20th, 2014, 02:16 PM

ICEN is infamous around these partsICEN is infamous around these partsICEN is infamous around these partsICEN is infamous around these partsICEN is infamous around these partsICEN is infamous around these partsICEN is infamous around these partsICEN is infamous around these partsICEN is infamous around these partsICEN is infamous around these partsICEN is infamous around these parts
Default Bought a Ruger Sr9c (Pictures)

For those of you who love me and want to know what happened I thought I would let you know.

I went into another gun shop that was literally across the street from woodlands world. I went in to see if they had a Smith and Wesson Sd40Ve but they didn't, they said they could get one though.

I noticed they also had a Ruger Sr9c just like woodlands world did.
So I decided I would just get that since its a decent gun for the money.

The price tag was $350 not including tax ect.
So I said is that new? He said no, I said oh because I was going to say that is cheap. He said its used and showed me the Ruger box it came with.

I asked if I could hold it he let me of course didn't even ask for ID which is nice because others ask for ID well not to me but I hear about it happening to others.

The Ruger Sr9c Used Came with 2 Magazines. One is 17 rounds +1 in the chamber for a total of 18 rounds and the other is 10 rounds with 1 in the chamber for 11. The 17 round mag has a grip extension while the 10 round mag is smaller. The gun looks good has no major wear or scratches other than a little oil looking spot on the rear sights but thats nothing big.

I asked him what if the gun doesn't work, he said they have a warranty and I can bring it back. The total price I paid was about $378 out the door.
Who ever said OUT THE DOOR price was right because that was what he said, he said the "out the door price" is ect.

The paper work/check was only $5 and I feel better buying the gun from that place then woodlands world because woodlands world has many more guns and looked like they had much more money anyways. So here is what I got

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The gun is safety checked before I took those

Oh also me and the people in the shop was laughing and cracking jokes so I doubt I am a bad customer to deal with

Last edited by ICEN; January 20th, 2014 at 04:04 PM.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old January 20th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Grand Member

TXDMERC73 has a reputation beyond reputeTXDMERC73 has a reputation beyond reputeTXDMERC73 has a reputation beyond reputeTXDMERC73 has a reputation beyond reputeTXDMERC73 has a reputation beyond reputeTXDMERC73 has a reputation beyond reputeTXDMERC73 has a reputation beyond reputeTXDMERC73 has a reputation beyond reputeTXDMERC73 has a reputation beyond reputeTXDMERC73 has a reputation beyond reputeTXDMERC73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bought a Ruger Sr9c (Pictures)

very nice buy! i paid 440 for my sr9 otd , it is a good gun for the money!
Old January 20th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Grand Member

(Luzerne County)
normanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond reputenormanvin has a reputation beyond repute

Nice
Two of my sons haveeSR9's.
Old January 20th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Grand Member
PAFOA Bronze Supporter

(Philadelphia County)
priell3 has a reputation beyond reputepriell3 has a reputation beyond reputepriell3 has a reputation beyond reputepriell3 has a reputation beyond reputepriell3 has a reputation beyond reputepriell3 has a reputation beyond reputepriell3 has a reputation beyond reputepriell3 has a reputation beyond reputepriell3 has a reputation beyond reputepriell3 has a reputation beyond reputepriell3 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice purchase. I've fired my friend's SR9c and was quite impressed.

Good luck with it.
Old January 20th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Grand Member

(Lackawanna County)
Democrat Gun Owner has a reputation beyond reputeDemocrat Gun Owner has a reputation beyond reputeDemocrat Gun Owner has a reputation beyond reputeDemocrat Gun Owner has a reputation beyond reputeDemocrat Gun Owner has a reputation beyond reputeDemocrat Gun Owner has a reputation beyond reputeDemocrat Gun Owner has a reputation beyond reputeDemocrat Gun Owner has a reputation beyond reputeDemocrat Gun Owner has a reputation beyond reputeDemocrat Gun Owner has a reputation beyond reputeDemocrat Gun Owner has a reputation beyond repute

I love my SR9c. They're a great little gun.

Not that it would be a deal breaker, but I think the short magazines are 10 round capacity and not 11 as you mentioned.
Old January 20th, 2014, 03:14 PM

(Bucks County)
Jettagls00 has a reputation beyond reputeJettagls00 has a reputation beyond reputeJettagls00 has a reputation beyond reputeJettagls00 has a reputation beyond reputeJettagls00 has a reputation beyond reputeJettagls00 has a reputation beyond reputeJettagls00 has a reputation beyond reputeJettagls00 has a reputation beyond reputeJettagls00 has a reputation beyond reputeJettagls00 has a reputation beyond reputeJettagls00 has a reputation beyond repute

I just had mine out to the range yesterday. Such a great shooter. I was getting half dollar sized groups @ about 7 yards. You will be happy with the purchase (or should I say steal).
Old January 20th, 2014, 03:48 PM

ICEN is infamous around these partsICEN is infamous around these partsICEN is infamous around these partsICEN is infamous around these partsICEN is infamous around these partsICEN is infamous around these partsICEN is infamous around these partsICEN is infamous around these partsICEN is infamous around these partsICEN is infamous around these partsICEN is infamous around these parts

A question for those of you who have this gun.
Is the slide release suppose to be useable as a slide release or is it ment for a slide stop as in just keeping it locked back.

Because when I press down on the slide release/stop, its very hard to push down and seems like it doesn't want to go down, instead I have to hold the slide back then release the button.

I have the manual I don't know if its in their I'll check but I was wondering from those who have this gun if its ment as a slide stop or an actual slide release.

Oh and I tried to take the slide off which was funny because I didn't know that I had to press the slide stop up which will keep the slide open :O. for some reason in the manual they made it seem as if you just keep the slide open with one hand he he he

I will buy some ammo today or tomorrow then see how it shoots.
Hopefully it works well.

Do gun shops actually check if the guns work before hand ? Either way he said I could bring it back if it has problems.

Also is there any certain 9mm ammo/grain I should specifically look at because I myself did not look up alot about the 9mm simply because I was expecting to get a .40, 357 sig or 10mm.... who would have thought I got a 9mm instead
Old January 20th, 2014, 04:00 PM
PAFOA Gold Supporter

(Bucks County)
PSUWaz00 has a reputation beyond reputePSUWaz00 has a reputation beyond reputePSUWaz00 has a reputation beyond reputePSUWaz00 has a reputation beyond reputePSUWaz00 has a reputation beyond reputePSUWaz00 has a reputation beyond reputePSUWaz00 has a reputation beyond reputePSUWaz00 has a reputation beyond reputePSUWaz00 has a reputation beyond reputePSUWaz00 has a reputation beyond reputePSUWaz00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEN View Post
A question for those of you who have this gun.
Is the slide release suppose to be useable as a slide release or is it ment for a slide stop as in just keeping it locked back.

Because when I press down on the slide release/stop, its very hard to push down and seems like it doesn't want to go down, instead I have to hold the slide back then release the button.

I have the manual I don't know if its in their I'll check but I was wondering from those who have this gun if its ment as a slide stop or an actual slide release.

Oh and I tried to take the slide off which was funny because I didn't know that I had to press the slide stop up which will keep the slide open :O. for some reason in the manual they made it seem as if you just keep the slide open with one hand he he he

I will buy some ammo today or tomorrow then see how it shoots.
Hopefully it works well.

Do gun shops actually check if the guns work before hand ? Either way he said I could bring it back if it has problems.

Also is there any certain 9mm ammo/grain I should specifically look at because I myself did not look up alot about the 9mm simply because I was expecting to get a .40, 357 sig or 10mm.... who would have thought I got a 9mm instead
If it's anything like my LC9, then the slide stop is pretty much to hold it open only. I just rack the slide back to release, as the acutal slide stop is way to small to be a functional release.
Old January 20th, 2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUWaz00 View Post
If it's anything like my LC9, then the slide stop is pretty much to hold it open only. I just rack the slide back to release, as the acutal slide stop is way to small to be a functional release.
Ya I assume its a slide stop as in the manual thats all its talked about for.

Also I looked it up on google and all the other people say its suppose to be intended for a slide stop not release Its no big deal since I have 18 Rounds before I have to worry about that anyways.
Old January 20th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Grand Member
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Lancaster County)
bripro has a reputation beyond reputebripro has a reputation beyond reputebripro has a reputation beyond reputebripro has a reputation beyond reputebripro has a reputation beyond reputebripro has a reputation beyond reputebripro has a reputation beyond reputebripro has a reputation beyond reputebripro has a reputation beyond reputebripro has a reputation beyond reputebripro has a reputation beyond repute

Lock the slide back then drop the mag out and see if it is any easier. This more closely resembles how it will act with a loaded magazine.