Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Firearms > Pistols

Notices

Pistols Want to talk pistols? Here's the place.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old January 9th, 2014, 04:06 PM
PAFOA Platinum Supporter

(Washington County)
WCGS has a reputation beyond reputeWCGS has a reputation beyond reputeWCGS has a reputation beyond reputeWCGS has a reputation beyond reputeWCGS has a reputation beyond reputeWCGS has a reputation beyond reputeWCGS has a reputation beyond reputeWCGS has a reputation beyond reputeWCGS has a reputation beyond reputeWCGS has a reputation beyond reputeWCGS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Glock 42 ship dates announced

We just received confirmation from two different distributors that they are now taking back orders for the new Glock 42 in 380 ACP, so we back ordered 20 of them a few minutes ago. They will be shipped to distributors in two weeks, so figure three weeks before FFL's have them in stock.

The one distributor guaranteed me delivery of at least one by end of January, and since the wife wants the first one, sorry guys. Here is the ordering screen from my main distributor:

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old January 9th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Grand Member

Solaran_X has a reputation beyond reputeSolaran_X has a reputation beyond reputeSolaran_X has a reputation beyond reputeSolaran_X has a reputation beyond reputeSolaran_X has a reputation beyond reputeSolaran_X has a reputation beyond reputeSolaran_X has a reputation beyond reputeSolaran_X has a reputation beyond reputeSolaran_X has a reputation beyond reputeSolaran_X has a reputation beyond reputeSolaran_X has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Glock 42 ship dates announced

6+1? That thing is going to sell like mad in the Peoples Republics of New York and Connecticut.

Seems odd, though, that a Gen 4 Glock is only shipping with two magazines - I thought the Gen 4s shipped with three?
Old January 9th, 2014, 04:20 PM

(Montgomery County)
NJCzbt has a reputation beyond reputeNJCzbt has a reputation beyond reputeNJCzbt has a reputation beyond reputeNJCzbt has a reputation beyond reputeNJCzbt has a reputation beyond reputeNJCzbt has a reputation beyond reputeNJCzbt has a reputation beyond reputeNJCzbt has a reputation beyond reputeNJCzbt has a reputation beyond reputeNJCzbt has a reputation beyond reputeNJCzbt has a reputation beyond repute

I just saw a local dealer post this on facebook also. If I hadn't bought the LCP I did a few months ago I'd be on the way to put my deposit in. Even though better judgement says to never buy version 1.0 of anything
Old January 9th, 2014, 04:41 PM
PAFOA Platinum Supporter

(Washington County)
WCGS has a reputation beyond reputeWCGS has a reputation beyond reputeWCGS has a reputation beyond reputeWCGS has a reputation beyond reputeWCGS has a reputation beyond reputeWCGS has a reputation beyond reputeWCGS has a reputation beyond reputeWCGS has a reputation beyond reputeWCGS has a reputation beyond reputeWCGS has a reputation beyond reputeWCGS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCzbt View Post
I just saw a local dealer post this on facebook also. If I hadn't bought the LCP I did a few months ago I'd be on the way to put my deposit in. Even though better judgement says to never buy version 1.0 of anything
My thoughts too. I been carrying the LCP-380 since it was first released so I'm hesitant to jump to the G42. I'm going to pound some rounds out of it and see how it performs, it's a Glock so I expect perfection. If the wife doesn't want the first one, I'll turn it into a demo gun and use it as my new bedside gun.
Old January 9th, 2014, 04:47 PM
PAFOA Platinum Supporter

(Washington County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
6+1? That thing is going to sell like mad in the Peoples Republics of New York and Connecticut.

Seems odd, though, that a Gen 4 Glock is only shipping with two magazines - I thought the Gen 4s shipped with three?
It's not being marketed as a Gen 4. When I asked my rep about that, he said it's actually a Gen 3 with some characteristics of a Gen 4.
Old January 9th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Grand Member

Solaran_X has a reputation beyond reputeSolaran_X has a reputation beyond reputeSolaran_X has a reputation beyond reputeSolaran_X has a reputation beyond reputeSolaran_X has a reputation beyond reputeSolaran_X has a reputation beyond reputeSolaran_X has a reputation beyond reputeSolaran_X has a reputation beyond reputeSolaran_X has a reputation beyond reputeSolaran_X has a reputation beyond reputeSolaran_X has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCGS View Post
It's not being marketed as a Gen 4. When I asked my rep about that, he said it's actually a Gen 3 with some characteristics of a Gen 4.
Now that is just downright odd. A brand new design of Glock that is being marketed as something older than the newest generation?
Old January 9th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Moderator Emeritus

(Allegheny County)
Emptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry.

Just not feelin' it.
Old January 9th, 2014, 06:32 PM
Grand Member

(Allegheny County)
arjohnson has a reputation beyond reputearjohnson has a reputation beyond reputearjohnson has a reputation beyond reputearjohnson has a reputation beyond reputearjohnson has a reputation beyond reputearjohnson has a reputation beyond reputearjohnson has a reputation beyond reputearjohnson has a reputation beyond reputearjohnson has a reputation beyond reputearjohnson has a reputation beyond reputearjohnson has a reputation beyond repute

No offense and I'm a Glock fan, that gun is a real turd. Of all the things they could have done that IMO is the worst. A single stack 9mm would have been a hit, but a .380 is a laugher and so 10 years ago.
Old January 9th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Grand Member

(Carbon County)
father-of-three has a reputation beyond reputefather-of-three has a reputation beyond reputefather-of-three has a reputation beyond reputefather-of-three has a reputation beyond reputefather-of-three has a reputation beyond reputefather-of-three has a reputation beyond reputefather-of-three has a reputation beyond reputefather-of-three has a reputation beyond reputefather-of-three has a reputation beyond reputefather-of-three has a reputation beyond reputefather-of-three has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe. This comparison chart was helpful for me. I can see where a single stack slim 9mm might have been more intriguing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Glock-42-Vector-8.jpg (13.4 KB, 51 views)
Old January 9th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Grand Member

(Pike County)
NathanB has a reputation beyond reputeNathanB has a reputation beyond reputeNathanB has a reputation beyond reputeNathanB has a reputation beyond reputeNathanB has a reputation beyond reputeNathanB has a reputation beyond reputeNathanB has a reputation beyond reputeNathanB has a reputation beyond reputeNathanB has a reputation beyond reputeNathanB has a reputation beyond reputeNathanB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
No offense and I'm a Glock fan, that gun is a real turd. Of all the things they could have done that IMO is the worst. A single stack 9mm would have been a hit, but a .380 is a laugher and so 10 years ago.
exactly Id' preorder a single stack 9 to compete with the xds.