Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Firearms > Pistols

Notices

Pistols Want to talk pistols? Here's the place.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old January 6th, 2014, 01:09 AM
Grand Member

(York County)
Curmudgeon has a reputation beyond reputeCurmudgeon has a reputation beyond reputeCurmudgeon has a reputation beyond reputeCurmudgeon has a reputation beyond reputeCurmudgeon has a reputation beyond reputeCurmudgeon has a reputation beyond reputeCurmudgeon has a reputation beyond reputeCurmudgeon has a reputation beyond reputeCurmudgeon has a reputation beyond reputeCurmudgeon has a reputation beyond reputeCurmudgeon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Remington R51 pistol

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalmother85 View Post
On looks alone, I like it more every time I see it.

I just have to feel it in my hand, but being it has serations on the frame above the trigger well for my thumb, it may feel good.

The sleek lines, the small size, the low price, and chamber it in 9mm and .380, and I see this being extremely popular with the ladies, and as a BUG. The Mrs liked it immediately.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old January 6th, 2014, 01:32 AM

(Berks County)
Gunsnwater has a reputation beyond reputeGunsnwater has a reputation beyond reputeGunsnwater has a reputation beyond reputeGunsnwater has a reputation beyond reputeGunsnwater has a reputation beyond reputeGunsnwater has a reputation beyond reputeGunsnwater has a reputation beyond reputeGunsnwater has a reputation beyond reputeGunsnwater has a reputation beyond reputeGunsnwater has a reputation beyond reputeGunsnwater has a reputation beyond repute

I will buy the first one I see. I love the looks, reminds me of colt hammerless. I bet a polymer frame is around the corner. I like that it isn't polymer. I need the night sights and wood grips. I am thinking the grip safty is more then a trigger block. The part of the review that states you can hear it click off. Could you imagine carrying a 1911 with no safety other than the grip safety? I bet no corporate lawyer could either.
Old January 6th, 2014, 01:44 AM
Grand Member

(Tioga County)
wanneroo has a reputation beyond reputewanneroo has a reputation beyond reputewanneroo has a reputation beyond reputewanneroo has a reputation beyond reputewanneroo has a reputation beyond reputewanneroo has a reputation beyond reputewanneroo has a reputation beyond reputewanneroo has a reputation beyond reputewanneroo has a reputation beyond reputewanneroo has a reputation beyond reputewanneroo has a reputation beyond repute

At first when I saw this I didn't have a favorable impression but it grew on me and I'd certainly have to see it in person and shoot it. I'd say the main thing for me with any carry pistol is reliability, so I am less susceptible to the latest pocket carry/compact/mini me gizmo and having to rush out and buy it. I saw that with the Springfield XDS, a mini pistol that a year or two ago everyone just had to have and I tried it a few times and found it unreliable.

So I'd have to see a few years of track record first before I'd even consider putting the dollars down. Even the new Glock 42 I'd have to see a few years of track record.
Old January 6th, 2014, 11:34 PM

rsilvers has much to be proud ofrsilvers has much to be proud ofrsilvers has much to be proud ofrsilvers has much to be proud ofrsilvers has much to be proud ofrsilvers has much to be proud ofrsilvers has much to be proud ofrsilvers has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
So I'd have to see a few years of track record first before I'd even consider putting the dollars down. Even the new Glock 42 I'd have to see a few years of track record.
Since I have a Nano, I know what you mean. But I am not patient enough to wait. Same with cars - I want the first year of a redesign. If I like the Glock 42 at the Shot Show, I am buying one immediately, and I already ordered the R51. If they improve them I can always sell them and get newer ones.
Old January 7th, 2014, 06:20 AM

RUT has a reputation beyond reputeRUT has a reputation beyond reputeRUT has a reputation beyond reputeRUT has a reputation beyond reputeRUT has a reputation beyond reputeRUT has a reputation beyond reputeRUT has a reputation beyond reputeRUT has a reputation beyond reputeRUT has a reputation beyond reputeRUT has a reputation beyond reputeRUT has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. At my age I don't have enough "years" left for this thing to gain a track record, so I'm ordering one now. If it doesn't work out as hoped, so be it.
Old January 7th, 2014, 07:13 AM
Grand Member

WVBob has a reputation beyond reputeWVBob has a reputation beyond reputeWVBob has a reputation beyond reputeWVBob has a reputation beyond reputeWVBob has a reputation beyond reputeWVBob has a reputation beyond reputeWVBob has a reputation beyond reputeWVBob has a reputation beyond reputeWVBob has a reputation beyond reputeWVBob has a reputation beyond reputeWVBob has a reputation beyond repute

I now have one on order. The first first one my LGS gets belongs to me.
Old January 8th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Grand Member

animalmother85 has a reputation beyond reputeanimalmother85 has a reputation beyond reputeanimalmother85 has a reputation beyond reputeanimalmother85 has a reputation beyond reputeanimalmother85 has a reputation beyond reputeanimalmother85 has a reputation beyond reputeanimalmother85 has a reputation beyond reputeanimalmother85 has a reputation beyond reputeanimalmother85 has a reputation beyond reputeanimalmother85 has a reputation beyond reputeanimalmother85 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to animalmother85

Old January 9th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Grand Member

(Pike County)
LifeInPa has a reputation beyond reputeLifeInPa has a reputation beyond reputeLifeInPa has a reputation beyond reputeLifeInPa has a reputation beyond reputeLifeInPa has a reputation beyond reputeLifeInPa has a reputation beyond reputeLifeInPa has a reputation beyond reputeLifeInPa has a reputation beyond reputeLifeInPa has a reputation beyond reputeLifeInPa has a reputation beyond reputeLifeInPa has a reputation beyond repute

Is that a concealed hammer or striker fired pistol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
Meh, for fixed barrels I'll stick with this.

Yeah but how many R51's can you buy for the price of one H&K pistol? Maybe 3?
Old January 9th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Grand Member

(Chester County)
Pilot321 has a reputation beyond reputePilot321 has a reputation beyond reputePilot321 has a reputation beyond reputePilot321 has a reputation beyond reputePilot321 has a reputation beyond reputePilot321 has a reputation beyond reputePilot321 has a reputation beyond reputePilot321 has a reputation beyond reputePilot321 has a reputation beyond reputePilot321 has a reputation beyond reputePilot321 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
Yeah but how many R51's can you buy for the price of one H&K pistol? Maybe 3?
I guarantee there is no comparison in quality between the HK P7M8, or P7 PSP with the R51. Have you shot, or carried a P7? I regularly carry my P7 PSP, yes it is heavy, but it is all steel, compact, incredibly accurate, and reliable. The R51 isn't even out yet, and while I like it conceptually it is unproven.
Old January 9th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Grand Member

(Lehigh County)
Zet70 has a reputation beyond reputeZet70 has a reputation beyond reputeZet70 has a reputation beyond reputeZet70 has a reputation beyond reputeZet70 has a reputation beyond reputeZet70 has a reputation beyond reputeZet70 has a reputation beyond reputeZet70 has a reputation beyond reputeZet70 has a reputation beyond reputeZet70 has a reputation beyond reputeZet70 has a reputation beyond repute

Call me crazy, I want an original model 51.