Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tisas 1911

(Lancaster County)

Default Tisas 1911

Hi all,
    Just a quick review of my new Tisas 1911-A2

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...s+Walnut+Grips

Love this gun! Got this on special with the Guardian shotgun, what a great deal. Fit and finish are excellent, almost as tight as my Kimber for $350 less, great 3 dot sights, nice feel, smooth trigger. Very slight play in slide to frame, NO play at all in barrel to bushing to slide.
    Shot a 2 and 1/2 inch group at 10 yards in cold windy conditions, 50 rounds down the pipe with ZERO malfunctions. I did change the grips (the ones it came with were too plain / smooth for me) and had one of the grip bushings come out and get stripped, but that can happen on any model. Nice clean serrations on the front and back of slide, metal mainspring housing (not a given on even the more expensive guns) everything fits nice and smooth. Definitely would recommend this gun as lower priced shooter that has quality workmanship and parts equal to recognized name-brand manufacturers. Price for this AND the Shottie was $689 delivered to LANCO Tactical in E-Town.

Cb

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Tisas 1911

Here is the target at 10 yards ... the bottom hole is a "flyer" as the wind kicked the target up !

Cb
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by solrac7 View Post
    Here is the target at 10 yards ... the bottom hole is a "flyer" as the wind kicked the target up !

Cb
    The 'ol 'wind blew the target up' reason. I'll have to remember that when one of my daughters busts my chops about my groups.

Kicking aside, I like the gun. I have read some good things about Tisas, though I have never shot one. I did see a blued model at a recent show, but it was so busy, I didn't get to get near it. My wife and I counted 32 people in line for background checks (just at that one table), so it would have been gone by the time a rep got to me, anyway. Seems like the price was just over 4 bills. The closest deal I see to the SS Tisas is the PT at about $70 more, but it is fully checkered. Thing about checkering (the 30 LPI) is as soon as it fills with dirt, sweat and skin, it's just as slick as no checkering, at all. Overall, it's going to be hard to beat $599 for a stainless 1911.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Lancaster County)

I'm surprised I wasn't shaking more with the cold and wind biting right through! But the plate WAS blowing around - I swear ! Really !

I was really pleased with how she shot though, especially for taking a chance on a new, no-name brand. They might just be trying to make a name for themselves, because fit and function were all there, and when I consider the added price/benefit of the shotgun...It's fantastic. Would I have paid $599 for this pistol sight unseen with no recommendation ? NO. But I seriously got a bargain, because both it and the shotgun are very well made and this pistol shoots great ! (I haven't shot the shotgun yet, but it's action is smooth as glass).

Cb

(Luzerne County)

Thats a good deal on the combo.

(Berks County)

Looks like a keeper. How did you take care of the grip screw bushing?

(Lancaster County)

Ordered a new one from Brownell's (it was just easier all around)
    Cb

(Lancaster County)

Just got the new bushing from Brownell's (Wow ! that was fast) - a little blue loctite and she screwed right in. Makes me feel much better about thw interchangeability of aftermarket 1911 parts . Have rubber grips (kimber) on it now, but waiting for my RAASCO custom grips to come in.

Cb

(Berks County)

You can steak it in, that's how colt does it. Brownells sells a tool. Your right standard spec. pays off in the end.

(Berks County)

Any updates on both guns? Interested in the conbo that's still for sale.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast