Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB80 Signed by Governor Corbett!

Thanks to everyone's support of this bill, it has been signed into law by Governor Corbett. Municipalities can now be held liable for firearms laws on the books which are in direct violation of the state's preemption laws. To link to continuing discussion on the new law, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Firearms > Pistols

Notices

Pistols Want to talk pistols? Here's the place.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old January 16th, 2013, 04:36 PM

(Montgomery County)
carrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tisas Zig M1911?

Anyone have any experience or opinions on this gun? A 1911 has been on my list for a while and I had been considering something like a Remingtoin R1, Springfield, or even an RIA in the mid price range of 1911's. But I'm seeing this gun now for hundreds less than those and everything I've read so far on it seems to be positive.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old January 16th, 2013, 06:53 PM

(Montgomery County)
k5blazerobsession has a reputation beyond reputek5blazerobsession has a reputation beyond reputek5blazerobsession has a reputation beyond reputek5blazerobsession has a reputation beyond reputek5blazerobsession has a reputation beyond reputek5blazerobsession has a reputation beyond reputek5blazerobsession has a reputation beyond reputek5blazerobsession has a reputation beyond reputek5blazerobsession has a reputation beyond reputek5blazerobsession has a reputation beyond reputek5blazerobsession has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tisas Zig M1911?

Go with a sti partan. I have the spartan v in 9mm and i am thrilled with it. Sti has the lifetime warranty and makes some of the finest pistols on the market. My next buy is going to be a trojan in 45acp. the spartan comes in 3,4, and 5 inch barrels and in 9, 40, and 45. So you can choose. The slide feels like it is on ball bearings. Today i was able to put five shots in less than an inch at 15 yards. Go on youtube there is a guy shooting a 12inch steel target at 100yards. four out of four hits. They run 630 brand new.
Old January 16th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Grand Member

300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5blazerobsession View Post
Go on youtube there is a guy shooting a 12inch steel target at 100yards. four out of four hits. They run 630 brand new.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUNPsE4a-zY

It isn't uncommon for a 1911 of any make to be able to hit that size target that far out. If he is doing it off hand, it shows he can shoot pretty well and see damn well.

Last edited by 300WM; January 16th, 2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old January 16th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Grand Member

300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute

The Regent, which is built by the same company, also has a solid reputation for being a solidly built 1911, if you like the GI version.

http://www.trabzonsilah.com/eng/inde...cadetay&id=124
Old January 17th, 2013, 01:02 AM

(Montgomery County)
carrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5blazerobsession View Post
Go with a sti partan. I have the spartan v in 9mm and i am thrilled with it. Sti has the lifetime warranty and makes some of the finest pistols on the market. My next buy is going to be a trojan in 45acp. the spartan comes in 3,4, and 5 inch barrels and in 9, 40, and 45. So you can choose. The slide feels like it is on ball bearings. Today i was able to put five shots in less than an inch at 15 yards. Go on youtube there is a guy shooting a 12inch steel target at 100yards. four out of four hits. They run 630 brand new.
The Remington R1 had been in that price range as well but I'm seeing this Tisas for $400. For that price and the praise I'm reading about it I'm having a hard time not going for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
The Regent, which is built by the same company, also has a solid reputation for being a solidly built 1911, if you like the GI version.

http://www.trabzonsilah.com/eng/inde...cadetay&id=124
Weird, the one I'm looking at is their Zig M1911 A1 which is the GI version. Their site at your link doesn't seem to list the one I'm looking at. Here it is:

Last edited by carrguy1; January 17th, 2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old January 17th, 2013, 07:56 AM

(Northampton County)
Brian Ahearn has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Ahearn has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Ahearn has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Ahearn has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Ahearn has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Ahearn has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Ahearn has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Ahearn has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Ahearn has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Ahearn has a reputation beyond reputeBrian Ahearn has a reputation beyond repute

Do not be concerned about the quality of the turkish made 1911 or any of the other turk made pistols. I speak from experience and actual use of their products . I was very skeptical when I bought my first turk 1911 the regent- absolute tack driver, extremely tight fitted 1911. Ended up bobtailing it as well as a host of other custom upgrades which it did not need, but it was bought with the purpose of using it as a web example of what you could do with one of these cheap pistols. That pistol started the second largest part of my pistol collection. I have bought a total of 11 turk made pistols in the last year including the Regent350cr 1911 commander size with rail ,Sar K-2 and Sar ST10 hk clone, 6 canik cz 75 clones - have another one coming now that I will customize, Regent 200, and the TP 9 polydecoker. I just had several customers order in the Tisas's 1911 and I have had plenty of time to look them over thoroughly . The Tisas 1911 is actually a step up in quality from the base model Regent which was a stellar performer for me. Extremely tight frame to slide fit as well as barrel to bushing and slide. The only thing I don't like is the GI sights -small and the walnut grips- smooth. I could easily address those issues . At $399.00 Budsgunsshop.com has already sold over 900 of these and they have all come back with 5 star ratings -have not seen a complaint yet. IF you want a plain GI style pistol then this one is worth a serious look and has a better finish than Rock Island or American Tactical base model pistols. I am looking at getting the Umerex Stainless model 1911 for my son for his birthday-basically a more modern novak sights, up swept beavertail combat hammer rubber grips rear slide serrations etc for $556.00 . At some point these prices will start going up and you will regret not getting in when they were cheap. PS this comes from a guy who used to be totally anti on foreign guns. Also out of the 11 pistols the only one I don't recommend is the TP9 poly decoker its like a cross between a S&W and a Glock with a really F-up trigger system -came with real nice accessories and I like the decocker feature but they need to go back to the drawing board and redesign the trigger to eliminate the horrible over travel. The rest of the the pistols have been excellent performers with my favorite being the Sar K-2 45 ACP with its 14 + 1 capacity. Brian /EFR
Old January 17th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrguy1 View Post
Their site at your link doesn't seem to list the one I'm looking at. Here it is:

That's because I (aka doofus) didn't back out to the home page before posted the link. I just noticed it when I went to look at the Ziganas.
Old January 17th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Grand Member

(Centre County)
Mity2 has a reputation beyond reputeMity2 has a reputation beyond reputeMity2 has a reputation beyond reputeMity2 has a reputation beyond reputeMity2 has a reputation beyond reputeMity2 has a reputation beyond reputeMity2 has a reputation beyond reputeMity2 has a reputation beyond reputeMity2 has a reputation beyond reputeMity2 has a reputation beyond reputeMity2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mity2 Send a message via Yahoo to Mity2

I know nothing about Tisas ZIg.
But Regents has pretty solid reputation, and I belive they are same manufacture

Here are detail info about most common 1911 in that price range. Its pretty good reading if anything

http://www.1911addicts.com/showthrea...u-1911-addicts
Old January 17th, 2013, 03:51 PM

(Montgomery County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
...At $399.00 Budsgunsshop.com has already sold over 900 of these and they have all come back with 5 star ratings -have not seen a complaint yet. IF you want a plain GI style pistol then this one is worth a serious look and has a better finish than Rock Island or American Tactical base model pistols...
That's where I've been reading most of the reviews and they're not just positive, they're glowing. That's what's really getting my attention. I generally tend to like the GI look over the "newer, fancier" looking ones though I liked the idea of an adjustable rear sight on a Remington R1 enhanced or Springfield RO. I don't really love the way the R1 enhanced looks though. All the reviews from people who have shot the Tisas seem to say they shoot dead on so maybe an adjustable sight isn't needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
...At some point these prices will start going up and you will regret not getting in when they were cheap. PS this comes from a guy who used to be totally anti on foreign guns...
That's what I'm afraid of with the price. This would be both my first 1911 and my first .45 acp and could be my last for a while if I do go for it. It would be nice to have different versions/makes of a popular platform like this but I already spend way too much on guns and I just dropped a s*** ton on additional reloading equipment so this could just be my one 1911 for a long time. As far as my opinion on foreign guns, one of the reasons I liked the R1 is because it was made here but for what it seems like you're getting with the Tisas and at more than $200 less it is very interesting. It's even more of a savings compared to the Springfield RO or Remington R1 Enhanced (though they do have "higher end" features on them). This could be a nice cheaper way to get into the 1911 platform.

Also, reading back over your post I'm wondering if you don't get a commission from Bud's.
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:11 PM

(Montgomery County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
I know nothing about Tisas ZIg.
But Regents has pretty solid reputation, and I belive they are same manufacture

Here are detail info about most common 1911 in that price range. Its pretty good reading if anything

http://www.1911addicts.com/showthrea...u-1911-addicts
That is a good read. I started but don't have time to finish now. I'll check it out again later. Thanks.