Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Action alert on HB2011 regarding Pre-Emption

Rep Mike Turzai has committed to move HB 2011. This bill strengthens pre-emption by providing for standing and compensation of expenses in the event a local law needs to be challenged that conflicts with State gun laws. Corbett said he will sign if it is put on his desk in the remaining 11 days left to the legislative session.

For more information and updates on these efforts, and to get involved, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Firearms > Pistols

Notices

Pistols Want to talk pistols? Here's the place.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old July 24th, 2012, 08:30 AM

CL3 has a reputation beyond reputeCL3 has a reputation beyond reputeCL3 has a reputation beyond reputeCL3 has a reputation beyond reputeCL3 has a reputation beyond reputeCL3 has a reputation beyond reputeCL3 has a reputation beyond reputeCL3 has a reputation beyond reputeCL3 has a reputation beyond reputeCL3 has a reputation beyond reputeCL3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any recommendations for a Ruger SR9c?

Over 2,000 rounds through my SR9c and counting! No problems! Accurate out to 50 feet, and I'm certainly no sniper!

Got mine for $395... $450 out the door. Let me spend more on ammo. I liked the feel in my hand over the Glock 19 and S&W MP9 and some others. It's slim. My wife has fired it and can handle it. Tried and true Ruger!

It comes with a 10 round and 17 round mag. The 17 round mag makes it feel like the full-sized SR9, but I find myself using the 10 round mags always with the finger extension. Trigger is really nice too.

Last edited by CL3; July 24th, 2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Added trigger comment.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old July 24th, 2012, 08:56 AM

(Cumberland County)
pokerguy005 has a reputation beyond reputepokerguy005 has a reputation beyond reputepokerguy005 has a reputation beyond reputepokerguy005 has a reputation beyond reputepokerguy005 has a reputation beyond reputepokerguy005 has a reputation beyond reputepokerguy005 has a reputation beyond reputepokerguy005 has a reputation beyond reputepokerguy005 has a reputation beyond reputepokerguy005 has a reputation beyond reputepokerguy005 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to pokerguy005

Bought my mother one and i think it is an outstanding firearm. It has low-recoil and a fantastic trigger and is lightweight. You can definitely get one for way less than $500 though.
Old July 24th, 2012, 09:13 AM

(Delaware County)
stimrob has a reputation beyond reputestimrob has a reputation beyond reputestimrob has a reputation beyond reputestimrob has a reputation beyond reputestimrob has a reputation beyond reputestimrob has a reputation beyond reputestimrob has a reputation beyond reputestimrob has a reputation beyond reputestimrob has a reputation beyond reputestimrob has a reputation beyond reputestimrob has a reputation beyond repute

Another satisfied owner. This is my first and only handgun, and I bought it specifically to carry. Lost count of rounds down the pipe but at least 1500 without any failures. I CC it with the short mag and OC it with the extended mag. I have the one with the silver slide.

I did clean the striker channel when I got it, before I shot it first. I heard the thick packing grease they ship it with can mix with grime and gum up the striker - which will then cause light strikes.

The trigger is pretty good too. It's not a match target trigger, but for an out of the box job, its decent.

Definitely recommended.
Old July 24th, 2012, 11:38 AM

(Northampton County)
IntenseImage has a reputation beyond reputeIntenseImage has a reputation beyond reputeIntenseImage has a reputation beyond reputeIntenseImage has a reputation beyond reputeIntenseImage has a reputation beyond reputeIntenseImage has a reputation beyond reputeIntenseImage has a reputation beyond reputeIntenseImage has a reputation beyond reputeIntenseImage has a reputation beyond reputeIntenseImage has a reputation beyond reputeIntenseImage has a reputation beyond repute

My wife has one and seems to enjoy it. Has over 1200 rounds through it so far with no issues.
Old July 24th, 2012, 11:40 AM

(Centre County)
StingyGunner has a reputation beyond reputeStingyGunner has a reputation beyond reputeStingyGunner has a reputation beyond reputeStingyGunner has a reputation beyond reputeStingyGunner has a reputation beyond reputeStingyGunner has a reputation beyond reputeStingyGunner has a reputation beyond reputeStingyGunner has a reputation beyond reputeStingyGunner has a reputation beyond reputeStingyGunner has a reputation beyond reputeStingyGunner has a reputation beyond repute

+1 on the SR9c. It's a good gun. Accurate!
Old July 24th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Grand Member

ShooterInPA1 has a reputation beyond reputeShooterInPA1 has a reputation beyond reputeShooterInPA1 has a reputation beyond reputeShooterInPA1 has a reputation beyond reputeShooterInPA1 has a reputation beyond reputeShooterInPA1 has a reputation beyond reputeShooterInPA1 has a reputation beyond reputeShooterInPA1 has a reputation beyond reputeShooterInPA1 has a reputation beyond reputeShooterInPA1 has a reputation beyond reputeShooterInPA1 has a reputation beyond repute

I have an SR9 and love it. Just feels right in the hand. My carry is currently a Kimber Ultra but I have been rethinking that because of the round count of the SR9. Hate the magazine disconnect though, especially on a carry gun. For the money, it simply cannot be beat.
Old July 24th, 2012, 08:39 PM

(Lehigh County)
filgun11 has a reputation beyond reputefilgun11 has a reputation beyond reputefilgun11 has a reputation beyond reputefilgun11 has a reputation beyond reputefilgun11 has a reputation beyond reputefilgun11 has a reputation beyond reputefilgun11 has a reputation beyond reputefilgun11 has a reputation beyond reputefilgun11 has a reputation beyond reputefilgun11 has a reputation beyond reputefilgun11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
I have an SR9 and love it. Just feels right in the hand. My carry is currently a Kimber Ultra but I have been rethinking that because of the round count of the SR9. Hate the magazine disconnect though, especially on a carry gun. For the money, it simply cannot be beat.
Mag disconnect can be removed. I removed mine after about 1-2 trips to the range. I kinda dislike the chamber loaded indicator, just because it hangs-up on re-holster. I have a leather OWB holster.
Old July 24th, 2012, 09:51 PM

(Lycoming County)
CBennett has a reputation beyond reputeCBennett has a reputation beyond reputeCBennett has a reputation beyond reputeCBennett has a reputation beyond reputeCBennett has a reputation beyond reputeCBennett has a reputation beyond reputeCBennett has a reputation beyond reputeCBennett has a reputation beyond reputeCBennett has a reputation beyond reputeCBennett has a reputation beyond reputeCBennett has a reputation beyond repute

I love mine. Have around 1600 rounds through it not 1 failure. It replaced a glock 23 ...glocks grips just dont fit my hand..better trigger than the glock, better sights(fully adjustable), grips great, about the thickness of a 1911 so relatively slim(noticably slimmer than the glocks).

I only cc(iwb only) with it in either a kydex or crossbreed holster. I never open carry dont believe in it. Very comfortable in either holster. I recomend the RMLowrider for kydex

mag disconnect removes in 30 seconds mine got taken out initial cleaning and has never gone back in. Oh i paid $405 that wss out the door.

Last edited by CBennett; July 24th, 2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old July 27th, 2012, 12:27 AM

(Centre County)
Relex has a reputation beyond reputeRelex has a reputation beyond reputeRelex has a reputation beyond reputeRelex has a reputation beyond reputeRelex has a reputation beyond reputeRelex has a reputation beyond reputeRelex has a reputation beyond reputeRelex has a reputation beyond reputeRelex has a reputation beyond reputeRelex has a reputation beyond reputeRelex has a reputation beyond repute

My friend recently took back his pf9 that he had nothing but problems with..... He got an sr9 and loves it.