Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Ruger SR1911: How Much is Too Much?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll

9 16.36%

14 25.45%

14 25.45%

18 32.73%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Ruger SR1911 Pricing

There is one in the case in Clayton's in Horsham... didn't notice the price or used or new... call and ask for Ed.... If I had the cash it woulda come home with me... as is...its up for grabs to you pirates.....

F.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1096369fred View Post
    There is one in the case in Clayton's in Horsham... didn't notice the price or used or new... call and ask for Ed.... If I had the cash it woulda come home with me... as is...its up for grabs to you pirates.....

F.
    Unless there is a 2nd one that i didn't see yesterday, Sigarms got the only one yesterday morning.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Montgomery County)

Wink Re: Ruger SR1911 Pricing

Quote Originally Posted by sigarms229 View Post
    I had already left one prior to your posting this. The system will only allow me to leave 1.
    Thanks, Sigarms! Excuse my shameless pandering for rep.

(Northampton County)

While I voted for $800 ... at $750 you have to think - SR or Kimber Custom II which can be had for $760

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoGeezer View Post
    I think there are features that make the SR1911 as good as, and maybe better than my SA Loaded. All but one: Ruger is not available with left-hander thumb safety. And I'm not of a mind to take a new $700 gun to an armorer to get an after-market LH safety installed. So I'll stick with my SA for now. It seems logical that eventually Ruger will offer it, then it will definitely be worth another look.

456 - I think the going price is $600-$685 for the SR1911, near dealers price is $500 something. I'm assuming.

That's quite a compliment from a SA Loaded owner , most of them luv there Loaded and feel it the next step down from a SA TRP. I give the SA Loaded the knod because of it's Life time warranty & forged frame, I really do't care for ambi safeties because I'm rigt handed and they rub against my hand when firing.
    I' m thinking about getting 1911 with LT warranty, just because.

???But I don't want to have to use it???
    Leaning toward SA Loaded or TRP $$$ rather then Taurus maybe?

Sigarms229 - Talk about letting technology/Internet work for you, congradulation damn that was smooth. I'm an old forgey not use to usng tech like that. wait a minute I met my present wife via internet. Not quite the same thing but anyway,
    Last edited by Neko456; April 9th, 2012 at 09:09 AM.

(Bucks County)

Since I was the one that started this thread, I guess I should state what my vote was. I went with $700. I know the short supply will drive up prices, but the wholesale price is around $525+/-. So I would be OK with $650, but after that... forget it.

If the LGS that has one coming in gives me a price that is more than $650, I will make sure to post the location so someone that is willing to spend that much is more than welcome to contact them.

Even @ $650 I would try to haggle or get them to throw in some ammo for free.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Don't know if anyone has already seen this memo from Ruger:

http://www.ruger.com/corporate/news/2012-03-21.html

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. Reports Strong First Quarter Bookings
    March 21, 2012
    Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR), announced today that for the first quarter 2012, the Company has received orders for more than one million units. Therefore, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders.

Chief Executive Officer Michael O. Fifer made the following comments:

• The Company's Retailer Programs that were offered from January 1, 2012 through February 29, 2012 were very successful and generated significant orders from retailers to independent wholesale distributors for Ruger firearms.
    • Year-to-date, the independent wholesale distributors placed orders with the Company for more than one million Ruger firearms.
    • Despite the Company's continuing successful efforts to increase production rates, the incoming order rate exceeds our capacity to rapidly fulfill these orders. Consequently, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders.
    • The Company expects to resume the normal acceptance of orders by the end of May 2012.

The Company will announce its results and file its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the first quarter of 2012 on Tuesday, May 1, 2012, after the close of the stock market.

(Bucks County)

Just called the LGS that is getting the Ruger. (Since they didn't call me). The SR1911 is in the case at American Arms and Ammo in Colmar, PA. Price: $799.

No fucking way I'm going to pay MSRP. On top of that the guy that answered the phone was really rude about it. When he said it was $799 i simply mentioned that it was MSRP. He started getting an attitude with me about distributor prices and markups. I hung up the phone.

So if anyone wants a Ruger SR1911... there is one for MSRP available.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    Just called the LGS that is getting the Ruger. (Since they didn't call me). The SR1911 is in the case at American Arms and Ammo in Colmar, PA. Price: $799.

No fucking way I'm going to pay MSRP. On top of that the guy that answered the phone was really rude about it. When he said it was $799 i simply mentioned that it was MSRP. He started getting an attitude with me about distributor prices and markups. I hung up the phone.

So if anyone wants a Ruger SR1911... there is one for MSRP available.
    That store is only 5 minutes from my house, though I've never bought from them (I'm loyal to tanners) they've alway treated me with respect. I want an sr1911 badly but $799 is extremely hard to sallow.

Supply & demand...their gonna reel in the benefits on this one

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by AYOUNG View Post
    That store is only 5 minutes from my house, though I've never bought from them (I'm loyal to tanners) they've alway treated me with respect. I want an sr1911 badly but $799 is extremely hard to sallow.

Supply & demand...their gonna reel in the benefits on this one
    I'm in the same boat. I would love an SR1911, but no more orders for a while and I'm not paying that price. I still want an inexpensive 1911. I'm probably going to get an RIA or a Taurus. And when Ruger gets their shit together, then I'll get one of theirs.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast