Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB80 (Formerly HB 1243, Preemption Law Changes) Is Off to the Governor for Signature!

Thanks to everyone's support of this bill, it has passed a concurrence vote in the House, and is now off to the Governor's desk to be signed. To link to the latest discussion on this effort, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Firearms > Pistols

Notices

Pistols Want to talk pistols? Here's the place.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old February 25th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Grand Member
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Cumberland County)
cruzans has a reputation beyond reputecruzans has a reputation beyond reputecruzans has a reputation beyond reputecruzans has a reputation beyond reputecruzans has a reputation beyond reputecruzans has a reputation beyond reputecruzans has a reputation beyond reputecruzans has a reputation beyond reputecruzans has a reputation beyond reputecruzans has a reputation beyond reputecruzans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mauser Broomhandle

Knocked another one off the wish list today at the York Gunshow. I was not expecting a lot there, seeing it was in the Memorial Hall and last one was crappy, but was pretty good!
Have always wanted one of these bad boys. Finish is worn as would be expected but most parts ( all major ) are matching. Guy threw in repro. case. Got a heck of a deal I think, fully functional, etc.. Humor me, what do you think it's worth

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old February 25th, 2012, 06:22 PM

(York County)
Ecclectic Collector has a reputation beyond reputeEcclectic Collector has a reputation beyond reputeEcclectic Collector has a reputation beyond reputeEcclectic Collector has a reputation beyond reputeEcclectic Collector has a reputation beyond reputeEcclectic Collector has a reputation beyond reputeEcclectic Collector has a reputation beyond reputeEcclectic Collector has a reputation beyond reputeEcclectic Collector has a reputation beyond reputeEcclectic Collector has a reputation beyond reputeEcclectic Collector has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mauser Broomhandle

Not bad! Love the look of the old Broomhandle. Your has some obvious wear on the surface, but seems overall clean.

Dare I ask: how is the bore? (if any)
Old February 25th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Grand Member
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Cumberland County)
cruzans has a reputation beyond reputecruzans has a reputation beyond reputecruzans has a reputation beyond reputecruzans has a reputation beyond reputecruzans has a reputation beyond reputecruzans has a reputation beyond reputecruzans has a reputation beyond reputecruzans has a reputation beyond reputecruzans has a reputation beyond reputecruzans has a reputation beyond reputecruzans has a reputation beyond repute

Shiny, but I'm assuming there is suppose to be some rifling - lol. Pretty smooth. Curious what you thnk it's worth, I won't get offended I like the repro. case/stock - works nice ! I went on youtube and found a good video showing takedown and reassembly. I broke it down, cleaned it all up good, wasn't too dirty ! I really want to fire it - what do you think ??? I bought some 30 mauser at the show. It's amazing how similar it looks to my 7.62x25 ! I put them up against each other and they are dead on. I'm assuming they are NOT interchangeable though!

Last edited by cruzans; February 25th, 2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old February 25th, 2012, 07:14 PM

(Philadelphia County)
LostinGermany has a reputation beyond reputeLostinGermany has a reputation beyond reputeLostinGermany has a reputation beyond reputeLostinGermany has a reputation beyond reputeLostinGermany has a reputation beyond reputeLostinGermany has a reputation beyond reputeLostinGermany has a reputation beyond reputeLostinGermany has a reputation beyond reputeLostinGermany has a reputation beyond reputeLostinGermany has a reputation beyond reputeLostinGermany has a reputation beyond repute

Great looking pistol. The worn looks adds character!

Range report in the future?
Old February 25th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Grand Member
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Cumberland County)

Yeah, I'd rather worn than re-done As soon as I'm 100% sure it's a-ok and safe, I'll be sure to post a range report ! Thanks!
Old February 25th, 2012, 07:35 PM

(York County)
mp517prct has a reputation beyond reputemp517prct has a reputation beyond reputemp517prct has a reputation beyond reputemp517prct has a reputation beyond reputemp517prct has a reputation beyond reputemp517prct has a reputation beyond reputemp517prct has a reputation beyond reputemp517prct has a reputation beyond reputemp517prct has a reputation beyond reputemp517prct has a reputation beyond reputemp517prct has a reputation beyond repute

7.62X25 Tokarev and .30 Mauser are identical cases, with VERY different powder charges.

Here's the Cliff Notes version of the story...

During the Russian Revolution, Bolsheviks got there hands on a lot of Mauser Broomhandles and they became so popular with the Bolsheviks, they got the nickname "Bolo Mausers"

After the revolution and the subsequent purges, the new communist military leadership looked for a replacement for the M1895 Nagant Revolver in the late 1920s, and used the .30 Mauser cartridge as a starting point. Much had changed in terms of metallurgy and gun powder since the C.96 was invented and much higher pressures and velocities could be created in the same sized cartridge. So, Fedor Tokarev designed his TT-30 and later TT-33 pistols to handle a "high velocity" loading of the .30 Mauser cartridge. Which became know as 7.62 Tokarev or 7.62x25mm to distinguish it from .30 Mauser.

So, you can fire .30 Mauser in any Tokarev or CZ vz.52 pistol, it may not cycle the action, but it is safe. You can fire 7.62 Tokarev in a C.96 once, after that, you may not have a pistol or a hand left!

Moral of the story... .30 Mauser is safe in a Tokarev, Never shoot 7.62 Tokarev out of a C.96
Old February 25th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Grand Member
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Cumberland County)

Great info., thank you! I knew size wise they were the same, but assumed they could not be shot in the Mauser - rep to you for that great readers digest explanation - thanks !
And btw, that Desert Eagle 40 is still plugging away nicely
Old February 25th, 2012, 11:11 PM

(York County)
BradB is an unknown quantity at this point

Saw you there showing some of the vendors it. Great looking gun.
Old February 25th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Grand Member
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Cumberland County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradB View Post
Saw you there showing some of the vendors it. Great looking gun.
Yeah, most that saw it wanted to see what I wanted for it - lol. All agreed I got a good deal though.
Old February 26th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Grand Member

(Bucks County)
wellcraft has a reputation beyond reputewellcraft has a reputation beyond reputewellcraft has a reputation beyond reputewellcraft has a reputation beyond reputewellcraft has a reputation beyond reputewellcraft has a reputation beyond reputewellcraft has a reputation beyond reputewellcraft has a reputation beyond reputewellcraft has a reputation beyond reputewellcraft has a reputation beyond reputewellcraft has a reputation beyond repute

i just sold my mint broom handle for 1100 a few weeks ago. the broom handles are very cool and unique looking guns but mine had been sitting in the safe for 6 years and i never got around to shooting it. there are many variations of the broom handle and value changes from gun to gun.