Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB80 (Formerly HB 1243, Preemption Law Changes) Is Off to the Governor for Signature!

Thanks to everyone's support of this bill, it has passed a concurrence vote in the House, and is now off to the Governor's desk to be signed. To link to the latest discussion on this effort, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Firearms > Pistols

Notices

Pistols Want to talk pistols? Here's the place.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old February 11th, 2012, 11:58 PM

(Bucks County)
marine3 is infamous around these parts
Default Hk .45 Tactical vs FNX .45 Tactical

I'm looking to add another Pistol to my collection
I'm looking to buy one of them , which one is more reliable ?
Hk .45 Tactical vs FNX .45 Tactical (New version of FNP Tactical)

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old February 12th, 2012, 03:12 AM

(Bucks County)
Duece McCracken has a reputation beyond reputeDuece McCracken has a reputation beyond reputeDuece McCracken has a reputation beyond reputeDuece McCracken has a reputation beyond reputeDuece McCracken has a reputation beyond reputeDuece McCracken has a reputation beyond reputeDuece McCracken has a reputation beyond reputeDuece McCracken has a reputation beyond reputeDuece McCracken has a reputation beyond reputeDuece McCracken has a reputation beyond reputeDuece McCracken has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hk .45 Tactical vs FNX .45 Tactical

I have been a fan of FNH's product line for quite some time, especially their fnp 45 line. As far as reliability between the two, I havn't heard anything that swaying either way. I am a fan of capacity and bang for your buck, which is why the FNX .45 Tactical would be my choice. Just an uber awesome combat pistol, with all the bells and whistles you could want, with a solid reliable platform. I may be biased... lol
Old February 12th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Grand Member

(Bucks County)
wellcraft has a reputation beyond reputewellcraft has a reputation beyond reputewellcraft has a reputation beyond reputewellcraft has a reputation beyond reputewellcraft has a reputation beyond reputewellcraft has a reputation beyond reputewellcraft has a reputation beyond reputewellcraft has a reputation beyond reputewellcraft has a reputation beyond reputewellcraft has a reputation beyond reputewellcraft has a reputation beyond repute

i have a FN Tactical and it's a tack driver even with cheap 45 ammo. i purchased mine about a year and a half ago and finally got around to shooting it two weeks ago. i use 2" stick on red target dots and at 25 yds I put two rounds that were touching in the stick on and 3 rds all touching just outside the stick on. at 15 rds all 10 rounds were inside the 2" stick on. i didn't have any malfunctions but i did have to remove the barrel cap because it unscrews itself after shooting a few rounds. the best part of the FN Tacitical was I bought it for 859 which is dirt cheap because these days i see them going for close to 1100. FN also has a competition model that is the same as the tactical minus the threaded barrel and nightsites that sells in the 950 range so it might be another option to consider.

i can't speak for the HK because i don't own a HK tactical but I'm sure the HK is 100% reliable and accuracy is probably pretty good.
Old February 12th, 2012, 12:17 PM

(Washington County)
marinville has a reputation beyond reputemarinville has a reputation beyond reputemarinville has a reputation beyond reputemarinville has a reputation beyond reputemarinville has a reputation beyond reputemarinville has a reputation beyond reputemarinville has a reputation beyond reputemarinville has a reputation beyond reputemarinville has a reputation beyond reputemarinville has a reputation beyond reputemarinville has a reputation beyond repute

Are we talking about the HK45 compact tactical or the HK USP .45 tactical? As far as I know, there is no HK45 tactical, at this point.
Old February 12th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Grand Member
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Beaver County)
ViperHummel has a reputation beyond reputeViperHummel has a reputation beyond reputeViperHummel has a reputation beyond reputeViperHummel has a reputation beyond reputeViperHummel has a reputation beyond reputeViperHummel has a reputation beyond reputeViperHummel has a reputation beyond reputeViperHummel has a reputation beyond reputeViperHummel has a reputation beyond reputeViperHummel has a reputation beyond reputeViperHummel has a reputation beyond repute

I had no idea that FNH was coming out with a new Tac 45... maybe I'll wait before buying the Sig 1911 or a used FNP-45T.
Old February 12th, 2012, 03:04 PM

TJB63 has a reputation beyond reputeTJB63 has a reputation beyond reputeTJB63 has a reputation beyond reputeTJB63 has a reputation beyond reputeTJB63 has a reputation beyond reputeTJB63 has a reputation beyond reputeTJB63 has a reputation beyond reputeTJB63 has a reputation beyond reputeTJB63 has a reputation beyond reputeTJB63 has a reputation beyond reputeTJB63 has a reputation beyond repute

I have an HK .45 USP Compact - No complaints here, It eats whatever I feed it, Hate to beat a dead horse, But whatever fits you best is the one to get, try them both out and go from there.

TJB
Old February 12th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Grand Member

(Monroe County)
mrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond repute

I dont buy Guns from countries that dont allow their own citizens to own guns, so for me its FN all the way, i own FN Pistols, never a failure in any of them , Rock solid and accurate.
Old February 12th, 2012, 04:50 PM

(Montgomery County)
JoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
I dont buy Guns from countries that dont allow their own citizens to own guns, so for me its FN all the way, i own FN Pistols, never a failure in any of them , Rock solid and accurate.
That's amazing "logic"... If it's even true (pretty sure Germans can buy guns... but I don't care enough to check at this moment).

Anyway, I buy all my guns from right here in the U.S.A...

OP - I assume you meant USP Tactical .45? I don't think you would be disappointed with either gun, though. Neither would be my first choice, but both are about as solid a poly .45 as you could ask for...

Regards,

Bones
Old February 12th, 2012, 07:13 PM

TJB63 has a reputation beyond reputeTJB63 has a reputation beyond reputeTJB63 has a reputation beyond reputeTJB63 has a reputation beyond reputeTJB63 has a reputation beyond reputeTJB63 has a reputation beyond reputeTJB63 has a reputation beyond reputeTJB63 has a reputation beyond reputeTJB63 has a reputation beyond reputeTJB63 has a reputation beyond reputeTJB63 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
What a Shame to limit oneself to so few guns, plus it must get very tiring tracking 'what' and 'what not' all the Countries of the world do allow.

Even so, Why is it HK's fault for mis-guided politics?

TJB
Old February 12th, 2012, 09:27 PM

theburren is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the FNX .45 Tactical even available anywhere yet?
All I see is a black model (no FDE) on the FN website.