Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Firearms > Pistols

Notices

Pistols Want to talk pistols? Here's the place.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old January 16th, 2012, 09:29 PM

(Allegheny County)
Misery Loves Shotguns has a reputation beyond reputeMisery Loves Shotguns has a reputation beyond reputeMisery Loves Shotguns has a reputation beyond reputeMisery Loves Shotguns has a reputation beyond reputeMisery Loves Shotguns has a reputation beyond reputeMisery Loves Shotguns has a reputation beyond reputeMisery Loves Shotguns has a reputation beyond reputeMisery Loves Shotguns has a reputation beyond reputeMisery Loves Shotguns has a reputation beyond reputeMisery Loves Shotguns has a reputation beyond reputeMisery Loves Shotguns has a reputation beyond repute
Default Extended Magazines For SP2022?

I've seen photos on the AR-15 forum of the Sig 2022 with extended magazines. I WANT THEM! Mec Gar makes a 17 rounder but I'm reluctant to buy them because I don't know how the fit will be. I had a 20 rounder for my PT92 and it functioned perfectly but the fit SUCKED. Thoughts?

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old January 16th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Grand Member
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Philadelphia County)
photoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extended Magazines For SP2022?

MecGar is the same company that makes the Sig branded mags so no worries about fit.
A Sig Sauer R&D guy recently posted on sigforum; "There is a P226-9-26 mag coming out soon. There is also 17 and 20 round 9mm SP2022 mags coming out about the same time."

I'm looking forward to it!
Old January 16th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Grand Member

(Monroe County)
mrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond repute

MecGar is the OEM for SIG so they will fit, personally i have never seen them , but if anybody has them it will be TGS, go to www.topgunsupply.com and see if the y have any.

nyman
Old January 16th, 2012, 11:49 PM

(Allegheny County)
Misery Loves Shotguns has a reputation beyond reputeMisery Loves Shotguns has a reputation beyond reputeMisery Loves Shotguns has a reputation beyond reputeMisery Loves Shotguns has a reputation beyond reputeMisery Loves Shotguns has a reputation beyond reputeMisery Loves Shotguns has a reputation beyond reputeMisery Loves Shotguns has a reputation beyond reputeMisery Loves Shotguns has a reputation beyond reputeMisery Loves Shotguns has a reputation beyond reputeMisery Loves Shotguns has a reputation beyond reputeMisery Loves Shotguns has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
MecGar is the same company that makes the Sig branded mags so no worries about fit.
A Sig Sauer R&D guy recently posted on sigforum; "There is a P226-9-26 mag coming out soon. There is also 17 and 20 round 9mm SP2022 mags coming out about the same time."

I'm looking forward to it!
I'm really glad I didn't buy the .40! A 20 round magazine would look SOOOOOOOOOOOO cool in this pistol! I don't even care how much it costs. I'm so in love with my 2022. I cringe when I hear 'coming soon' though. I think of the Mesa Tactical Urbino stock . . . Coming soon for over a year and by the time it finally came out, I wasn't interested anymore. I'll do research of my own before heading to bed tonight but did they happen to mention an ETA on those??

I've checked Top Gun Supply and I have a notification for the 15 rounders when they're back in stock but I may pass on those and try the 17 rounders. I'll keep the 15 round mag for CC.
Old January 16th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Grand Member
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Philadelphia County)
photoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond repute

Greg Cote has them as well. He's a great vendor who frequents sigforum. I've had many transactions with Top Gun and with Greg.

edit to add: no ETA on the 17/20 mags. The 17 Mecgar are good to go for now though. I don't have any 17s for mine yet but I need to grab a few. It is a great pistol.

Last edited by photoshooter; January 16th, 2012 at 11:52 PM.
Old January 17th, 2012, 12:26 AM

(Allegheny County)

Here's my issue with Mecgar . . . I'm not doubting it will shoot fine but their +2 base pad is not shaped like the base pad of the SP2022, it's flat. So if it has the same +2 base pad as their other extended mags, I would end up with about a 1/4" gap between where the grip ends and the magazine begins. That would be uncomfortable to shoot with and it would look like crap. I can't imagine that Sig and Mecgar would overlook something like that and then mass produce a magazine that fit the pistol as poorly as I'm thinking it would. This is the stock photo of the MG 17 rounder and beneath that is the Sig (20 rounder?) extended magazine I found while browsing tonight. Notice the difference in the base pads.

Old January 17th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Grand Member
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Philadelphia County)

I see what you mean. I had to go searching for some mecgar pics to see how much gap is there. Found a thread on sigforum with pics. I have to agree, the gap looks like it could cause some discomfort. Doesn't exactly look nice either. Sig's solution is certainly better although it's no beauty queen either.

Old January 17th, 2012, 12:15 PM

(Allegheny County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
I see what you mean. I had to go searching for some mecgar pics to see how much gap is there. Found a thread on sigforum with pics. I have to agree, the gap looks like it could cause some discomfort. Doesn't exactly look nice either. Sig's solution is certainly better although it's no beauty queen either.

Thanks for the photos, man! That really is a terrible job by Mecgar though. Exactly as I feared but at least I didn't waste any money on them because I'd be sending them right back. I'll have to join the Sig forum so I can keep up with the release on their mags. You know, the ones that actually look like the people who designed them looked at the gun they were making them for . . .
Old January 17th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Grand Member
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Philadelphia County)

The Plus 2 adapter on the Mecgar is probably designed to work with a range of mags.
Looks kind of like a club foot
Old January 19th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Grand Member

(Indiana County)
39flathead has a reputation beyond repute39flathead has a reputation beyond repute39flathead has a reputation beyond repute39flathead has a reputation beyond repute39flathead has a reputation beyond repute39flathead has a reputation beyond repute39flathead has a reputation beyond repute39flathead has a reputation beyond repute39flathead has a reputation beyond repute39flathead has a reputation beyond repute39flathead has a reputation beyond repute

That SIG mag looks just as horrendous IMO as the Mec-Gar and is going to cost at least three times as much.