Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Firearms > Pistols

Notices

Pistols Want to talk pistols? Here's the place.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old June 1st, 2011, 01:21 AM

(Berks County)
johnfritz has a reputation beyond reputejohnfritz has a reputation beyond reputejohnfritz has a reputation beyond reputejohnfritz has a reputation beyond reputejohnfritz has a reputation beyond reputejohnfritz has a reputation beyond reputejohnfritz has a reputation beyond reputejohnfritz has a reputation beyond reputejohnfritz has a reputation beyond reputejohnfritz has a reputation beyond reputejohnfritz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canik (CZ knock-off)

Alloy frame so they'll be a bit lighter than the 75. Although I like the steel frame on my 75BD personally.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old June 1st, 2011, 02:06 AM
Grand Member

(Allegheny County)
Asmodeus6 has a reputation beyond reputeAsmodeus6 has a reputation beyond reputeAsmodeus6 has a reputation beyond reputeAsmodeus6 has a reputation beyond reputeAsmodeus6 has a reputation beyond reputeAsmodeus6 has a reputation beyond reputeAsmodeus6 has a reputation beyond reputeAsmodeus6 has a reputation beyond reputeAsmodeus6 has a reputation beyond reputeAsmodeus6 has a reputation beyond reputeAsmodeus6 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddefazio View Post
Tanners was selling the Tangfolio's for 299.00 brand new
Woah... I looked at those to entertain my inner cheap ass. For $299 it's kinda hard to lose. I haven't heard a lot of bad about them either. Although I don't hear that much about them either way. $299 and I'm pretty interested.
Old June 1st, 2011, 02:29 AM
Grand Member

(Monroe County)
mrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond reputemrnyman has a reputation beyond repute

THe Beretta Guns being made in Turkey are made under license from Beretta and on Beretta equipment , does anyone know if these CZ copies enjoy the same from CZ? If it is then its a good deal . (assuming that CZ post a QC inspector there )

cheers, Mike.
Old June 1st, 2011, 11:22 AM

(Bucks County)
fritz1 has a reputation beyond reputefritz1 has a reputation beyond reputefritz1 has a reputation beyond reputefritz1 has a reputation beyond reputefritz1 has a reputation beyond reputefritz1 has a reputation beyond reputefritz1 has a reputation beyond reputefritz1 has a reputation beyond reputefritz1 has a reputation beyond reputefritz1 has a reputation beyond reputefritz1 has a reputation beyond repute

Standard Accessories:
• Lockable hard molded case
ASTM F 2369/California AB106 DOJ-approved safety device• Cleaning rod and brush

Not Available in California, Massachusetts or where prohibited by law.Canik-USA is not affiliated in any way with and is not an authorized dealer of Ceska Zbrojovka Uhersky Brod.

LOL

https://www.canik-usa.com/product_in...products_id=20

Noble and regal, focused watchful Piercing eyes, he is my shepherd and my best friend.
Old June 1st, 2011, 12:07 PM
Grand Member

(Perry County)
Rundownfid has a reputation beyond reputeRundownfid has a reputation beyond reputeRundownfid has a reputation beyond reputeRundownfid has a reputation beyond reputeRundownfid has a reputation beyond reputeRundownfid has a reputation beyond reputeRundownfid has a reputation beyond reputeRundownfid has a reputation beyond reputeRundownfid has a reputation beyond reputeRundownfid has a reputation beyond reputeRundownfid has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=knight0334;1613888]

BTW, the CZ-75 is a knock-off of and modeled after the Browning HiPower. lol

I suppose that in the light heartd way that you meant your post, "knock-off and modeled after" the Browning Hi-power is close enough. However, in the tight ass, more exact world I live in; it ain't even close. The CZ is a clean sheet of paper design. Slide in the frame is not a copy of the hi power. Trigger mechanism, not a copy. Double - single action first shot not a copy.

Admittedly, they are both made of steel & are both chambered in 9MM (which I admit is a knock of the Luger) otherwise, give the Czechs their due; they designed an excellent innovative pistol.
Old June 1st, 2011, 03:29 PM
Administrator

(Jefferson County)
knight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to knight0334 Send a message via AIM to knight0334 Send a message via MSN to knight0334 Send a message via Yahoo to knight0334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rundownfid View Post

I suppose that in the light heartd way that you meant your post, "knock-off and modeled after" the Browning Hi-power is close enough. However, in the tight ass, more exact world I live in; it ain't even close. The CZ is a clean sheet of paper design. Slide in the frame is not a copy of the hi power. Trigger mechanism, not a copy. Double - single action first shot not a copy.

Admittedly, they are both made of steel & are both chambered in 9MM (which I admit is a knock of the Luger) otherwise, give the Czechs their due; they designed an excellent innovative pistol.

Sure, they aren't exact replicas - but the modeling for the VZ design came from the HiPower. The overall shape, the short recoil cam(absolutely a HiPower origin), safety placement and engagement.

I'm not knocking the CZ, quite honestly - I love them. ...just poking fun at the "knock-off" statement because the CZ design isn't truly the original format.