Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Citadel 1911

(Westmoreland County)

Default Citadel 1911

My fiance and I were looking for a gun for her to buy as my christmas present. I have been toying with getting a 1911 for a new carry. Went to Johnsons gun depot in norvelt and found a Citadel 45 compact. This gun just felt good in my hand and the trigger is butter. I know to some its just a cheap 1911 but i feel like a child waiting for christmas to come. I got into guns a few years ago after coming home from Iraq and feeling strange not having one. I have been carrying since then but not really excited about guns. Never really made it a fun thing for me, more of a necessity than a hobby. I plan to change that getting a membership to PMSC in the beginning of the year.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Citadel 1911

Sounds like a great gun but as crazy as it sounds I prefer a RIA tactical to a loaded Springfield so take it for what it's worth. Enjoy and post range pics after getting to the burn a little powder.

By the way your fiance sounds like a great catch and thanks for your service.

(Westmoreland County)

she is a great catch. It was actually her idea to get me a gun. I told her to not worry about getting me anything for christmas and she insisted on a new gun. It came down to the kel tec su 16, an EAA AK47 and a 1911. but I didnt want her spending too much money. When we found this 1911 it just felt right. So she put some money down on it cause she didnt want to take it home yesterday. She's afraid she will end up giving it to me early

I have a citadel compact 1911. IMO its better than the rock Island and your right for a sub $500 1911 the trigger is very nice. I would carry it more but have a Kimber that is just a tad lighter. alloy vs steel. Just remeber its hard to stop at one
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Westmoreland County)

yea my m&p was going to be my only gun...then came the kel tec p3at for carry. then her beretta for her to carry. now this 1911. and i have a few more must haves. but i also love golf so that limits money to be spent on firearms.

(Delaware County)

She might want to consider "giving" it to you after your married, unless you are filling out the paperwork and she's footing the bill. That "straw buyer" messy little thing. Of course,, if you have a LTCF (which I presume you do), she can "lend" it to you.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

Quote Originally Posted by Spc Lewis View Post
    yea my m&p was going to be my only gun...then came the kel tec p3at for carry. then her beretta for her to carry. now this 1911. and i have a few more must haves. but i also love golf so that limits money to be spent on firearms.
    Give up the golf hobby.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Delaware County)

^^^^ Give it up, as he said. Once you have the 1911, golf will be a memory.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Bucks County)

own a fullsize citadel, and love it. you will be shocked what you are getting for the money. my only complaint was the sights, which are easy enough to deal with.

(Westmoreland County)

yea i looked it over for a minute in the store. I didnt like the sights but I figured id change them eventually. I know nothing about 1911s but i really liked the way it felt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast