Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Action alert on HB2011 regarding Pre-Emption

Rep Mike Turzai has committed to move HB 2011. This bill strengthens pre-emption by providing for standing and compensation of expenses in the event a local law needs to be challenged that conflicts with State gun laws. Corbett said he will sign if it is put on his desk in the remaining 11 days left to the legislative session.

For more information and updates on these efforts, and to get involved, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Firearms > Pistols

Notices

Pistols Want to talk pistols? Here's the place.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old October 29th, 2010, 10:24 AM

(York County)
Dustin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default JS 9mm Disassembly

I have a JS-9mm that was made by Maverick Firearms in the 90's. Does anyone know how to disasseble the slide on this gun? For the record I do have other handguns. I like to keep this one in case I run out of ammo then I can use it for a club. Thanks for any info.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old October 30th, 2010, 09:33 AM

(Montgomery County)
JoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: JS 9mm Disassembly

Angle grinder? Acetylene torch? Big-ass sledge hammer?

Sorry, I have never seen one of those before... Looks kinda like a Hi-Point.

Based on that left side pic, it doesn't even look like it has a means of taking it down (like a pin that gets knocked out, a button that gets pushed, or a lever to rotate)...

Maybe it's a true "Throwaway!" Ditch it when it gets dirty!

Maybe try a Google search and see if you can find a schematic of that or a very similarly-designed pistol, and then go from there...

EDIT: http://picsicio.us/keyword/js%209mm/

Best I got... Sorry!

Regards,

Bones

Last edited by JoeyBones; October 30th, 2010 at 09:36 AM. Reason: found a link for OP
Old October 30th, 2010, 09:52 AM

(Lancaster County)
S&W M&P40c has a reputation beyond reputeS&W M&P40c has a reputation beyond reputeS&W M&P40c has a reputation beyond reputeS&W M&P40c has a reputation beyond reputeS&W M&P40c has a reputation beyond reputeS&W M&P40c has a reputation beyond reputeS&W M&P40c has a reputation beyond reputeS&W M&P40c has a reputation beyond reputeS&W M&P40c has a reputation beyond reputeS&W M&P40c has a reputation beyond reputeS&W M&P40c has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, just wow . . . You bought that so when one of your friends say "wow that girl got beat with the ugly stick" you can hold it out and say "hell yeah, it's right here."
Old October 30th, 2010, 10:09 AM

(Berks County)
dregan has a reputation beyond reputedregan has a reputation beyond reputedregan has a reputation beyond reputedregan has a reputation beyond reputedregan has a reputation beyond reputedregan has a reputation beyond reputedregan has a reputation beyond reputedregan has a reputation beyond reputedregan has a reputation beyond reputedregan has a reputation beyond reputedregan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to dregan

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&W M&P40c View Post
Wow, just wow . . . You bought that so when one of your friends say "wow that girl got beat with the ugly stick" you can hold it out and say "hell yeah, it's right here."
That' one to remember for later use.. haha!
Old October 30th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Grand Member

(Philadelphia County)
Steve_NEPhila has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_NEPhila has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_NEPhila has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_NEPhila has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_NEPhila has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_NEPhila has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_NEPhila has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_NEPhila has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_NEPhila has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_NEPhila has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_NEPhila has a reputation beyond repute

I have never seen one of those before, and I do not advise you to shoot it... ever!

As for take down, I am going to bet that this is a straight blowback firearm. Since there are no levers, knobs or dingus levers here is what I think might work. Try to take it down like a Walther PP/PPK. The Walther takes down by pulling up on the slide while pulling the slide to the rear. Of course, without the hinged trigger guard.

What you have there is a firearm that is very very cheaply built. 9mm is a high pressure high velocity cartridge. As I understand it the manufacturer is out of business, thus if the slide comes off while shooting and destroys a part of your face, you will not have anyone to sue. Which makes me wonder why the company no longer exists. Your safest bet would be to wait for a local "gun buyback" and trade it in for a walmart gift card. If you cannot wait that long, cut it in half with a bandsaw (make sure it is not loaded).
Old October 30th, 2010, 10:15 AM

(Berks County)
dregan has a reputation beyond reputedregan has a reputation beyond reputedregan has a reputation beyond reputedregan has a reputation beyond reputedregan has a reputation beyond reputedregan has a reputation beyond reputedregan has a reputation beyond reputedregan has a reputation beyond reputedregan has a reputation beyond reputedregan has a reputation beyond reputedregan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to dregan

"The company started out as Haskel then went to Maverick then Stallard then Hi-Point. The originals where big clunky piles of pot metal and they have gotten better as they went . The Haskels and Stallards originally had a dealer price of well under 100.00. I think the cost on the Hi-points in the lower 100.00 range. The early ones looked like bad cartoon drawings of guns (Dick Tracy). They were very heavy"

Nothing on how to strip it but there is the history summed up a little.

Ref: http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17812
Old October 30th, 2010, 11:13 AM

(Montgomery County)
JoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyBones has a reputation beyond repute

As per the schematic I linked to earlier, yes, it is straight blow-back...

Agree w/ Steve about trying the "retract-and-lift" technique for getting the slide off....

And also agree w/ him about being concerned about shooting that thing!

Regards,

Bones
Old October 30th, 2010, 06:37 PM

(York County)
Dustin is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to everyone who replied! I do know this gun is a piece of junk. I have been informed several times. And I agree! It looks hideous, the sights suck...its way too big in size to conceal…its also too heavy and it sounds like a bear trap when you hit the slide release. Its all metal, weighing about 40 oz! But it has minimal recoil, its fun to shoot and it always starts a conversation at the range. Never a good one though.

It was given to me by my father. He bought it new. It was his first handgun so I probably won’t cut it in half. I have shot it several times and its pretty reliable. I never knew how it came apart. Just thought I should clean it well.

Pulling up and back on the slide didn’t work. Maybe I’ll have to ask a local gunsmith.

Definitely bigger than my Kahr CW9…

Old October 30th, 2010, 07:23 PM

(Cumberland County)
alorenz is an unknown quantity at this point

If its anything like a Hi-Point of today there should be a pin you can tap out once you lock the slide back into the open position. It probably will be at the very back of frame and can only be visible in the slot where the safety usually engages.
Old October 30th, 2010, 08:09 PM

(Washington County)
dmcdonnell has a reputation beyond reputedmcdonnell has a reputation beyond reputedmcdonnell has a reputation beyond reputedmcdonnell has a reputation beyond reputedmcdonnell has a reputation beyond reputedmcdonnell has a reputation beyond reputedmcdonnell has a reputation beyond reputedmcdonnell has a reputation beyond reputedmcdonnell has a reputation beyond reputedmcdonnell has a reputation beyond reputedmcdonnell has a reputation beyond repute

Schematic...

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/...spx?catid=5850