Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Firearms > Pistols

Notices

Pistols Want to talk pistols? Here's the place.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old November 9th, 2007, 05:33 PM

(Montgomery County)
Ernie J is on a distinguished road
Default H & R Model 929

I inherited an H & R model 929 nine shot .22 caliber pistol. Are there any owners manuals or parts lists available?
Thanks,I appreciate the help.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old November 9th, 2007, 06:20 PM
In Memoriam

(Northampton County)
32 Magnum has a reputation beyond repute32 Magnum has a reputation beyond repute32 Magnum has a reputation beyond repute32 Magnum has a reputation beyond repute32 Magnum has a reputation beyond repute32 Magnum has a reputation beyond repute32 Magnum has a reputation beyond repute32 Magnum has a reputation beyond repute32 Magnum has a reputation beyond repute32 Magnum has a reputation beyond repute32 Magnum has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 32 Magnum
Default Re: H & R Model 929

Ernie,
If you supply the serial number (or at least the first 4 numbers) including any letter code prefixes, I can tell you which variation you have. There were at least 5 variations of this model made from its introduction circa 1952, and each one had some significant changes.
Old November 9th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Grand Member

(Bedford County)
BUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.e-gunparts.com/productsch...Model=1560z929
Old November 9th, 2007, 07:46 PM

(Montgomery County)

The serial number is AE28695.
Thanks
Old November 9th, 2007, 08:38 PM
In Memoriam

(Northampton County)
32 Magnum has a reputation beyond repute32 Magnum has a reputation beyond repute32 Magnum has a reputation beyond repute32 Magnum has a reputation beyond repute32 Magnum has a reputation beyond repute32 Magnum has a reputation beyond repute32 Magnum has a reputation beyond repute32 Magnum has a reputation beyond repute32 Magnum has a reputation beyond repute32 Magnum has a reputation beyond repute32 Magnum has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 32 Magnum

Ernie,
AE indicates YOM of 1968. I have one with serial number AF82275 that is NIB with the paper work. email me your emailing address and I will take close up pictures of the four pages of the factory instruction manual and email them to you. As to finding a schematic - as posted by Buckmark, just previous to this posting, Numrich posts exploded diagrams of most of the H&R firearms on their site. However, the one they have posted for the Model 929 is the last version with the transfer bar ignition system. Yours should have a hammer mounted firing pin - and most of the fire control/lock work parts are different than the post 1973 models.
check out this picture to verify yours is what we're talking about:
http://links.pictures.aol.com/pic/2f...p5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg
Old November 9th, 2007, 11:19 PM

(Montgomery County)

Yes the picture is correct.My pistol has a hammer mounted firing pin.
Old November 11th, 2007, 08:18 AM

(Berks County)
dogngun has a reputation beyond reputedogngun has a reputation beyond reputedogngun has a reputation beyond reputedogngun has a reputation beyond reputedogngun has a reputation beyond reputedogngun has a reputation beyond reputedogngun has a reputation beyond reputedogngun has a reputation beyond reputedogngun has a reputation beyond reputedogngun has a reputation beyond reputedogngun has a reputation beyond repute

Ernie ,FWIW, my 1983 Gun Digest lists the Model 929 with the plastic grips for $110- with the walnut grips, $124.
I have seen a few of these guns around-they seem to work forever and they are good shooters, great plinkers-many have been passed down in families.

Enjoy it.

Mark
Old October 1st, 2008, 04:24 PM

jtrade is on a distinguished road

I have one a friend gave me which fires the first 3-4 rounds then it will not fire the next couple which I am trying to fix for him.

The S/N is AF3377X

Can you tell me what year it was made? I will see if I can find a manual as well.

Thanks,

Jtrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32 Magnum View Post
Ernie,
AE indicates YOM of 1968. I have one with serial number AF82275 that is NIB with the paper work. email me your emailing address and I will take close up pictures of the four pages of the factory instruction manual and email them to you. As to finding a schematic - as posted by Buckmark, just previous to this posting, Numrich posts exploded diagrams of most of the H&R firearms on their site. However, the one they have posted for the Model 929 is the last version with the transfer bar ignition system. Yours should have a hammer mounted firing pin - and most of the fire control/lock work parts are different than the post 1973 models.
check out this picture to verify yours is what we're talking about:
Old December 17th, 2008, 10:08 PM

PJsuburby is on a distinguished road

Did you get it fixed? I just installed a new spring in mine and it went from 1 out 9 to ALL out of nine. Very easy to do.
Do you need help still?
Old December 17th, 2008, 10:20 PM

jtrade is on a distinguished road

Yes I did. Exact same thing with my friends I fixed. His had a plastic main spring thing & the one I got was steel. Works like a champ.

Thanks,

J

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJsuburby View Post
Did you get it fixed? I just installed a new spring in mine and it went from 1 out 9 to ALL out of nine. Very easy to do.
Do you need help still?