Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Firearms > Pistols

Notices

Pistols Want to talk pistols? Here's the place.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old October 15th, 2010, 10:58 PM

(Allegheny County)
NeilSabbath has a reputation beyond reputeNeilSabbath has a reputation beyond reputeNeilSabbath has a reputation beyond reputeNeilSabbath has a reputation beyond reputeNeilSabbath has a reputation beyond reputeNeilSabbath has a reputation beyond reputeNeilSabbath has a reputation beyond reputeNeilSabbath has a reputation beyond reputeNeilSabbath has a reputation beyond reputeNeilSabbath has a reputation beyond reputeNeilSabbath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Glock 19 Add Ons

Well I finaly got approved after 12 days of a 15 day backround check. I was happy as hell to go get my new Glock and fire some rounds. I wanted to see how on I am with the G-19 compared to the S&W .22 LR Pistol My Dad won by buying a raffel ticket for the Annual Shanango Volunteer Fire Deparment Gun Raffel.

I noticed a bunch of you guys say you shoot 500 federals through your new guns to break them in correctly? I asked the guy at GW and he sold me a Box of 50 PMC Bronze Ammo 115. Grain bullets and said these will be fine to break a Glock in. I shot all 50 PMCs and they hit very acuratly for me.

I also bought 20 federals for home protection.

Now I cant wait to get more rounds and shoot some more. I like the PMCs. What do you guys like?

Also, what add ons do you Glock 19 owners have on yours? Im definatly getting a grip extender. I like the Light and Laser combo but is that really necessary?

Any other tips bring em on.

Neil, Proud Owner of a Glock-19

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old October 15th, 2010, 11:05 PM
Grand Member

emsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeemsjeep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Glock 19 Add Ons

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilSabbath View Post
Well I finaly got approved after 12 days of a 15 day backround check. I was happy as hell to go get my new Glock and fire some rounds. I wanted to see how on I am with the G-19 compared to the S&W .22 LR Pistol My Dad won by buying a raffel ticket for the Annual Shanango Volunteer Fire Deparment Gun Raffel.

I noticed a bunch of you guys say you shoot 500 federals through your new guns to break them in correctly? I asked the guy at GW and he sold me a Box of 50 PMC Bronze Ammo 115. Grain bullets and said these will be fine to break a Glock in. I shot all 50 PMCs and they hit very acuratly for me.

Now I cant wait to get more rounds and shoot some more. I like the PMCs. What do you guys like?

Also, what add ons do you Glock 19 owners have on yours? Im definatly getting a grip extender. I like the Light and Laser combo but is that really necessary?

Thoughts...extra mags and more than 20 defensive rounds...get a good retention holster. I like the idea of an off weapon light, makes you harder to track, easier to strobe, but I'm ordering an X300 this week too, sooo....night sights are good too. Glocks are simple, good guns, keep it simple....and post pics!
Old October 15th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Grand Member
PAFOA Silver Supporter

IronButt has a reputation beyond reputeIronButt has a reputation beyond reputeIronButt has a reputation beyond reputeIronButt has a reputation beyond reputeIronButt has a reputation beyond reputeIronButt has a reputation beyond reputeIronButt has a reputation beyond reputeIronButt has a reputation beyond reputeIronButt has a reputation beyond reputeIronButt has a reputation beyond reputeIronButt has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe a extra mag or 2 or 3. More practice ammo. More carry ammo. Good holster of your choosing. Range time.

Nothing else is needed.

Oh; sorry. Congratulations on the Glock. They're solid, dependable guns & the 19 is a nice size, too.

Last edited by IronButt; October 15th, 2010 at 11:55 PM. Reason: addition
Old October 16th, 2010, 12:41 AM

(Montgomery County)
cmr076 has a reputation beyond reputecmr076 has a reputation beyond reputecmr076 has a reputation beyond reputecmr076 has a reputation beyond reputecmr076 has a reputation beyond reputecmr076 has a reputation beyond reputecmr076 has a reputation beyond reputecmr076 has a reputation beyond reputecmr076 has a reputation beyond reputecmr076 has a reputation beyond reputecmr076 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cmr076

congrats! a g-19 was my first handgun (and one of the few i havent sold/swapped for something else) the only upgrade i did to mine was a set of trijicon nite sites, they made a world of difference. Other than that, practice practice and more practice!

My Feedback:
http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/98731-cmr076.html
Old October 16th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Grand Member
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Philadelphia County)
photoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond reputephotoshooter has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats, G19 was my first handgun too.
I had Truglo TFO night sights which I liked. Some G17 mags are nice to have, with mag extenders if you're a neat person like me A Glock Sport Combat holster is a great accessory for under $15. And probably the best add-on I ever found for my G19 was a G26
Old October 16th, 2010, 04:51 PM

(Montgomery County)
toml has a reputation beyond reputetoml has a reputation beyond reputetoml has a reputation beyond reputetoml has a reputation beyond reputetoml has a reputation beyond reputetoml has a reputation beyond reputetoml has a reputation beyond reputetoml has a reputation beyond reputetoml has a reputation beyond reputetoml has a reputation beyond reputetoml has a reputation beyond repute

Glocks don't really need 'break-in'. But it's good practice to run a fair amount of whatever ammo you plan to carry through any new gun to be sure everything's functioning OK.

One good add-on: join the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation. Along with being able to shoot at their matches (and have a chance at winning Glocks even if you don't win the match), you'll be able to buy one Glock a year at a respectable discount.
Old October 16th, 2010, 05:28 PM

SCBaldr has a reputation beyond reputeSCBaldr has a reputation beyond reputeSCBaldr has a reputation beyond reputeSCBaldr has a reputation beyond reputeSCBaldr has a reputation beyond reputeSCBaldr has a reputation beyond reputeSCBaldr has a reputation beyond reputeSCBaldr has a reputation beyond reputeSCBaldr has a reputation beyond reputeSCBaldr has a reputation beyond reputeSCBaldr has a reputation beyond repute

I like the PMC bronze 115 gr 9mm para load. Its a really soft, consistent, reliable and cheap round. I've shot about 2500 of these things so far and no failures yet.
Old October 16th, 2010, 07:02 PM

(Chester County)
cslangan will become famous soon enoughcslangan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilSabbath View Post

A 15 day background check?? whats the deal with that the last 3 guns I bought in the last 2monts were walk in 15mins later walk out with a new toy in hand.
Old October 16th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Grand Member
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Allegheny County)
orionz06 has a reputation beyond reputeorionz06 has a reputation beyond reputeorionz06 has a reputation beyond reputeorionz06 has a reputation beyond reputeorionz06 has a reputation beyond reputeorionz06 has a reputation beyond reputeorionz06 has a reputation beyond reputeorionz06 has a reputation beyond reputeorionz06 has a reputation beyond reputeorionz06 has a reputation beyond reputeorionz06 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to orionz06 Send a message via Yahoo to orionz06

If it were me, I would shoot 300-500 rounds through it, a few boxes of carry ammo and see how it feeds the JHP rounds.

Also get a good holster and no less than 5 mags, more like 10-15 would be good.
Old October 16th, 2010, 09:14 PM

bandit82ta has a reputation beyond reputebandit82ta has a reputation beyond reputebandit82ta has a reputation beyond reputebandit82ta has a reputation beyond reputebandit82ta has a reputation beyond reputebandit82ta has a reputation beyond reputebandit82ta has a reputation beyond reputebandit82ta has a reputation beyond reputebandit82ta has a reputation beyond reputebandit82ta has a reputation beyond reputebandit82ta has a reputation beyond repute

I picked up a G26 on Thurs and just had it out today to run it through some paces. I put a good 150-200 rounds and a few SD rounds. 100% with no issues. I'm think'n about a 17 at some point now as well.

I would recommend the night sites and a flashlight off weapon. Easier to find a holster and reduces gun weight.

Enjoy and get out shoot'n some more..