Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default High Standard .22

Has anyone bought/shot a new High Standard .22? I was checking out a few here at Perry and I might pick one up.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: High Standard .22

No direct experience, hearsay, only and on the Made-In-Texas High Standards the word is pretty good. I did have occasion to send my old CT built gun back to them for repairs and their service was very good.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Lycoming County)

I'm glad to hear this. I picked up a Supermatic Trophy. Will ship next week to my dealer.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(Monroe County)

High standards have won many trophies all over the world back in the day, they were great guns back then , i wish them the best this time around.

Nyman

I hope they will be good but ever since they moved their manufacturing in 1977 and the pistols received the ML serial numbers, they have been spotty at best. Every iteration of the company since then including Mitchell Arms has been horrid and S&W 41's became the leader and even the Ruger MK guns were vastly more reliable. I still own a Supermatic Trophy S-101 model that is fantastic. I have owned some really great High Standards and a couple of really crappy ones so I need proof.

I will be extremely skeptical until the new company proves itself. They have apparently bought all the original designs and tooling and claim that the products will be exact to the 107 number series and prior. I will believe it when I see it, but if it is true I will be glad to get one.
    Last edited by vjb.knife; July 14th, 2010 at 08:51 AM.

(Montgomery County)

I too would tend to agree with the post above. I have a CT-made HS that is superb, but I will wait until the new ones have proven themselves. Dave_n

(Luzerne County)

+1 about those "I-hope-so-but-wait-and-see" comments. I have a Hamden made Victor that has the best trigger I've ever used. It'd be nice to be able to have a new version that is as good.
    (High Standard Hamden factory ....arguably the best American made target pistols ever manufactured.)
    Pete
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.”Hemingway ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete D. View Post
    +1 about those "I-hope-so-but-wait-and-see" comments. I have a Hamden made Victor that has the best trigger I've ever used. It'd be nice to be able to have a new version that is as good.
    (High Standard Hamden factory ....arguably the best American made target pistols ever manufactured.)
    Pete
    I agree. My HS S101 still outshoots my S&W 41 and if the reports come in that these new Texas High Standards are that good then I will get the 10X Citation. Then maybe I'll get rid of my Beretta model 89 ...... well, I may not go that far.

(Lycoming County)

Seems I'll be waiting a little while until I get my hands on mine. Went to my dealer and paid him for the transfer already. Then before I walked out, he realized it might get here when he's having surgery. It'll be at the shop, but we won't be able to do the paperwork until he gets back... which may be a couple days or longer.

I hope it gets in before his surgery, otherwise I'll just wait. Oh well.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(Susquehanna County)

Wish I understood the new appellation many have been using. These guys have been building HS since 1994.

Their website is pretty interesting try it out.
    http://highstandard.com/

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast