Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB80 Signed by Governor Corbett!

Thanks to everyone's support of this bill, it has been signed into law by Governor Corbett. Municipalities can now be held liable for firearms laws on the books which are in direct violation of the state's preemption laws. To link to continuing discussion on the new law, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Regions > Lehigh Valley & Philadelphia Region > Philadelphia

Notices

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old April 5th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Grand Member

(Delaware County)
ViperGTS19801 has a reputation beyond reputeViperGTS19801 has a reputation beyond reputeViperGTS19801 has a reputation beyond reputeViperGTS19801 has a reputation beyond reputeViperGTS19801 has a reputation beyond reputeViperGTS19801 has a reputation beyond reputeViperGTS19801 has a reputation beyond reputeViperGTS19801 has a reputation beyond reputeViperGTS19801 has a reputation beyond reputeViperGTS19801 has a reputation beyond reputeViperGTS19801 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ViperGTS19801
Default The Official Philadelphia Gun Rights March - Saturday, May 25th, 2013

We must make ourselves heard, and we cannot allow this sort of thing to happen:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...201450451.html

The 2nd Amendment to the United States Constitution states:

Quote:
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Article 1, 21 to the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Constitution states:

Quote:
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defence of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.
And Title 18 6120 of the Pennsylvania Code states:

Quote:
No county, municipality or township may in any manner regulate the lawful...possession...of firearms...when carried or transported for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this Commonwealth.
And yet, Philadelphia's Mayor Michael Nutter has signed into law an ordinance that SPECIFICALLY makes it a crime for people who are licensed by the State to carry firearms for self-defense to exercise their rights while in public parks.

This is unacceptable. And ILLEGAL.

We will not be made into criminals. We will not be punished for the bad acts of others who have no respect for their fellow man. And we will not tolerate being restricted from exercising our freedoms just because some Mayor thinks he is above the law!

Join me on May 25th in Philadelphia as we protest this outright violation of State law, and make ourselves heard. March with me through Philadelphia, from Love Park to the People's Plaza, and let us make sure the entire city knows that we are not going to allow our right to self-defense to be stripped away from us in a time when we need it the most!

If you are able and planning to attend, make it known by RSVPing in this thread. That way we'll know how many strong we will be! I'll create a Facebook event as well, for those who are interested. Also, if you have any way to contribute - sign making, bringing along a bullhorn, can provide snacks and refreshments while we march - let us know!

FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/events/152120718291030

Last edited by ViperGTS19801; May 20th, 2013 at 08:28 AM.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old April 5th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Banned

freesoul has a reputation beyond reputefreesoul has a reputation beyond reputefreesoul has a reputation beyond reputefreesoul has a reputation beyond reputefreesoul has a reputation beyond reputefreesoul has a reputation beyond reputefreesoul has a reputation beyond reputefreesoul has a reputation beyond reputefreesoul has a reputation beyond reputefreesoul has a reputation beyond reputefreesoul has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: The Official Philadelphia Gun Rights March - May 23rd, 2013

I hope to be participating in the Gun Rights Across America rally but will do whatever I can to support your event.

https://www.facebook.com/events/131075320406363/

Andrew
Old April 5th, 2013, 10:35 AM

(Philadelphia County)
serpentine has a reputation beyond reputeserpentine has a reputation beyond reputeserpentine has a reputation beyond reputeserpentine has a reputation beyond reputeserpentine has a reputation beyond reputeserpentine has a reputation beyond reputeserpentine has a reputation beyond reputeserpentine has a reputation beyond reputeserpentine has a reputation beyond reputeserpentine has a reputation beyond reputeserpentine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Official Philadelphia Gun Rights March - Saturday, May 25th, 2013

I am actually saddened. I am let down. This burdens me. What can we do now, as in right now, this minute. Can there be a class action suit? a summary judgement? I posted about this before (http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ar-page-5.html (The biggest preemption violation so far?)), but we need an attorney to clarify. I am happy to contribute financially for an attorney to bring suit, but I cannot bear the cost all on my own.
Old April 5th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Grand Member
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Philadelphia County)
mythaeus has a reputation beyond reputemythaeus has a reputation beyond reputemythaeus has a reputation beyond reputemythaeus has a reputation beyond reputemythaeus has a reputation beyond reputemythaeus has a reputation beyond reputemythaeus has a reputation beyond reputemythaeus has a reputation beyond reputemythaeus has a reputation beyond reputemythaeus has a reputation beyond reputemythaeus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Official Philadelphia Gun Rights March - Saturday, May 25th, 2013

Gave all my Philly gun friends a heads up on this. I'm waiting for my renewed LTCF and should arrive by then. Will come out with wife and 6-month-old. I'm just plain sick, sick, fucking sick of this Philly crap.

Al
Old April 5th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Grand Member

(Delaware County)
ViperGTS19801 has a reputation beyond reputeViperGTS19801 has a reputation beyond reputeViperGTS19801 has a reputation beyond reputeViperGTS19801 has a reputation beyond reputeViperGTS19801 has a reputation beyond reputeViperGTS19801 has a reputation beyond reputeViperGTS19801 has a reputation beyond reputeViperGTS19801 has a reputation beyond reputeViperGTS19801 has a reputation beyond reputeViperGTS19801 has a reputation beyond reputeViperGTS19801 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post
Gave all my Philly gun friends a heads up on this. I'm waiting for my renewed LTCF and should arrive by then. Will come out with wife and 6-month-old. I'm just plain sick, sick, fucking sick of this Philly crap.

Al
Bring your enthusiasm.
Old April 5th, 2013, 10:56 AM

(Philadelphia County)
serpentine has a reputation beyond reputeserpentine has a reputation beyond reputeserpentine has a reputation beyond reputeserpentine has a reputation beyond reputeserpentine has a reputation beyond reputeserpentine has a reputation beyond reputeserpentine has a reputation beyond reputeserpentine has a reputation beyond reputeserpentine has a reputation beyond reputeserpentine has a reputation beyond reputeserpentine has a reputation beyond repute

If, at work, my senior leadership tasked me with reducing the number of gun crimes in city rec centers and parks, and this law is what I proposed, I would be fired on the spot.
Old April 5th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Grand Member

(Delaware County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentine View Post
I am actually saddened. I am let down. This burdens me. What can we do now, as in right now, this minute. Can there be a class action suit? a summary judgement? I posted about this before (http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ar-page-5.html (The biggest preemption violation so far?)), but we need an attorney to clarify. I am happy to contribute financially for an attorney to bring suit, but I cannot bear the cost all on my own.
I got in touch with my lawyer - he says that he, some other local lawyers, and the NRA are looking at this.
Old April 5th, 2013, 11:27 AM

(Philadelphia County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
I got in touch with my lawyer - he says that he, some other local lawyers, and the NRA are looking at this.
That's awesome, I am sure you'll post any info you can.

And yes, I am attending.
Old April 5th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Grand Member
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Philadelphia County)
mythaeus has a reputation beyond reputemythaeus has a reputation beyond reputemythaeus has a reputation beyond reputemythaeus has a reputation beyond reputemythaeus has a reputation beyond reputemythaeus has a reputation beyond reputemythaeus has a reputation beyond reputemythaeus has a reputation beyond reputemythaeus has a reputation beyond reputemythaeus has a reputation beyond reputemythaeus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
Bring your enthusiasm.
Will bring my camera as well.

By the way, I think you're doing this because you blew through the $25K settlement already and now need more money.

Al
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:35 PM

(Chester County)
AFCop has a reputation beyond reputeAFCop has a reputation beyond reputeAFCop has a reputation beyond reputeAFCop has a reputation beyond reputeAFCop has a reputation beyond reputeAFCop has a reputation beyond reputeAFCop has a reputation beyond reputeAFCop has a reputation beyond reputeAFCop has a reputation beyond reputeAFCop has a reputation beyond reputeAFCop has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait to try out my Go-Pro camera with a chest rig....