Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Regions > PA Dutch Country/Hershey Region > Perry

Notices

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old January 31st, 2011, 11:28 PM

(Perry County)
GSGP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rifle Ranges in Perry County

Hey guys,

I'm new to PAFOA and I just wanted to know if anyone can answer this question: Are there any shooting ranges in perry county that offer "pay-per-day" use of the range?
I'm used to hunting with my trusty Marlin 336 .35 rem (iron sights, of course). For years my technique for sighting it in involved me shooting a target at whatever I thought was an appropriate/practical range. However, I just bought a older Remington 700 adl .270win in beautiful condition, and I'd really like to dial it in so I can take advantage of that mpbr. I know there are several sportsmen's clubs around, but I don't have any contacts to use as sponsors for membership, thus I need a pay-per-day range.
If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old March 9th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Grand Member

(Cumberland County)
rwb1500 has a reputation beyond reputerwb1500 has a reputation beyond reputerwb1500 has a reputation beyond reputerwb1500 has a reputation beyond reputerwb1500 has a reputation beyond reputerwb1500 has a reputation beyond reputerwb1500 has a reputation beyond reputerwb1500 has a reputation beyond reputerwb1500 has a reputation beyond reputerwb1500 has a reputation beyond reputerwb1500 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rifle Ranges in Perry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGP View Post
Hey guys,

I'm new to PAFOA and I just wanted to know if anyone can answer this question: Are there any shooting ranges in perry county that offer "pay-per-day" use of the range?
I'm used to hunting with my trusty Marlin 336 .35 rem (iron sights, of course). For years my technique for sighting it in involved me shooting a target at whatever I thought was an appropriate/practical range. However, I just bought a older Remington 700 adl .270win in beautiful condition, and I'd really like to dial it in so I can take advantage of that mpbr. I know there are several sportsmen's clubs around, but I don't have any contacts to use as sponsors for membership, thus I need a pay-per-day range.
If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in adance!
I don't know of any place that will let you pay per use, but if you're willing to drive to Dillsburg I can point you to a club that's only $20 annually and anyone can join. PM me for details.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 07:33 PM
Grand Member

(Perry County)
WWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in Newport too. I am a member of the New Bloomfield Sportsman's Association. They have a small range just outside New Bloomfield and it's only $10 a year if I remember correctly.

Range isn't much though - 1 table at 50 yards and 2 tables at 100 yards, but its quiet and very rarely do I ever find anyone there, even on weekends. Seems to get most use shortly before deer season as that is huge around here.

As far as I know the only requirement is that you pay the $10 to join.

There's a range in Ickesburg but that's a bit more of a drive. Not sure what the costs, requirements, etc are for that.

Supposedly there is one in Duncannon but I have no idea where it is or even how to join. If anyone has info, I'd be interested in that.
Old July 4th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Grand Member
PAFOA Silver Supporter

IronButt has a reputation beyond reputeIronButt has a reputation beyond reputeIronButt has a reputation beyond reputeIronButt has a reputation beyond reputeIronButt has a reputation beyond reputeIronButt has a reputation beyond reputeIronButt has a reputation beyond reputeIronButt has a reputation beyond reputeIronButt has a reputation beyond reputeIronButt has a reputation beyond reputeIronButt has a reputation beyond repute

I belong to the Ickesburg Sportsmans Assn. They have a 25, 50, 100 & 200yd rifle range (with 3 benches under roof), a trap range & a first rate Cowboy Action set-up. IIRC it's $20 per yr individual or $25 family membership. Nice club.

The way the ranges are set up, if someone is already there using the CA range, you can't use the pistol/rifle range, because they'll be downrange. Not a big deal for me, since I live only 2 miles away.
Old July 4th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Grand Member

aubie515 has a reputation beyond reputeaubie515 has a reputation beyond reputeaubie515 has a reputation beyond reputeaubie515 has a reputation beyond reputeaubie515 has a reputation beyond reputeaubie515 has a reputation beyond reputeaubie515 has a reputation beyond reputeaubie515 has a reputation beyond reputeaubie515 has a reputation beyond reputeaubie515 has a reputation beyond reputeaubie515 has a reputation beyond repute

My friend lives near Newport and I was there visiting him this weekend. He was going to join Ickesburg, but I talked him into joining Mifflin Co Sportsman Association and I'm glad he did...cannot beat having a 1,00 yard range for $50 a year....it's one of the nicest ranges I've been too...I'm thinking about joining as well and I'm nearly 3 hours away.
Old July 8th, 2012, 07:36 PM

(Perry County)
tlbrwb is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone give more information on the Ickesburg Sportmans Assn., specifically can you shoot semi-auto weapons there? I belonged to the Liverpool range and they banned them there. I am looking for a range in Perry County where semi-auto weapons can be used as I use them in my employment and need a place to practice nearby. Thank you.
Old February 28th, 2013, 11:57 AM

(Perry County)
Bang Bang has a reputation beyond reputeBang Bang has a reputation beyond reputeBang Bang has a reputation beyond reputeBang Bang has a reputation beyond reputeBang Bang has a reputation beyond reputeBang Bang has a reputation beyond reputeBang Bang has a reputation beyond reputeBang Bang has a reputation beyond reputeBang Bang has a reputation beyond reputeBang Bang has a reputation beyond reputeBang Bang has a reputation beyond repute

There is a nice brand new range at the perry chapter 1 sportsman's association between Newport and Liverpool. It's located on Meadow Grove Rd, Newport, Pa. Their hours for the club meetings/hangouts are Sunday's 12 noon till 6pm. They allow semi auto pistols and ar's on the range. They have a 15 yard, a 25 yard, a 50 yard, a 100 yard, and a 165 yard targets! $20.00 a year membership. They have a nice archery range also.
Old February 28th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Grand Member

(Perry County)
WWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond reputeWWGunslinger has a reputation beyond repute

wow, why would a gun range BAN semi-autos? that makes no sense.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:56 PM

(Lancaster County)
slickracer has a reputation beyond reputeslickracer has a reputation beyond reputeslickracer has a reputation beyond reputeslickracer has a reputation beyond reputeslickracer has a reputation beyond reputeslickracer has a reputation beyond reputeslickracer has a reputation beyond reputeslickracer has a reputation beyond reputeslickracer has a reputation beyond reputeslickracer has a reputation beyond reputeslickracer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWGunslinger View Post
wow, why would a gun range BAN semi-autos? that makes no sense.
They allow only guns that are legal for hunting in PA.