Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Armstrong County)

Default HB2228: An Act providing for encoded ammunition

HB2228: An Act providing for encoded ammunition; imposing duties on manufacturers, sellers and owners of ammunition; providing for the powers and duties of the Commissioner of the Pennsylvania State Police and the Secretary of Revenue; establishing the encoded ammunition database and the Encoded Ammunition Database Fund; imposing a tax; and imposing penalties
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/...r=2228&pn=3188

This will give you the warm and fuzzies
    Ed
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

Default Re: HB2228: An Act providing for encoded ammunition

I'm going to burn-out my e-mail responding to all this stupid shit going on in H-burg.....!!!!!!!!

(Armstrong County)

In the bill, they gave us the answer! We need to dispose of the 10s of thousands of rounds of ammunition that we as individuals have in our possession!
    I know a good place to dispose of the ammunition...do you? lock and load! good luck good hunting and God bless America
    Ed
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Berks County)

First off, this was put on the table in the '08 legislative session, and according to this article, the legislative session for this year is essentially over:

http://www.kyw1060.com/pages/3139551...tentId=2900587

This bill could still get some attention, but it's highly unlikely. Given that it seems to have died in committee, this bill will have to be re-introduced next year if the authors want it passed into law.

Second, if this ever were to become law, I will not be disposing of anything. Last time I checked, I have an inalienable right to illegal seizure, protected by the 4th amendment of the US Constitution, and Article 1 Section 8 of the PA Constitution. The government can not make me dispose of property which was legal to own and buy at the time of purchase, and I have no intention of surrendering that right. They will have a court case on their hands if they tried to do so.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    First off, this was put on the table in the '08 legislative session, and according to this article, the legislative session for this year is essentially over:

http://www.kyw1060.com/pages/3139551...tentId=2900587

This bill could still get some attention, but it's highly unlikely. Given that it seems to have died in committee, this bill will have to be re-introduced next year if the authors want it passed into law.

Second, if this ever were to become law, I will not be disposing of anything. Last time I checked, I have an inalienable right to illegal seizure, protected by the 4th amendment of the US Constitution, and Article 1 Section 8 of the PA Constitution. The government can not make me dispose of property which was legal to own and buy at the time of purchase, and I have no intention of surrendering that right. They will have a court case on their hands if they tried to do so.

They may have more than just a a court case on their hands... I'm just saying...
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(York County)

I have ammo that I bought over 10 years ago. How can the law tell me i have to dispose of it? That dosen't seem to seem legal to me. How can they make me to that?

I am a little worried by all these gun laws. What good is the second amendment if we have no ammo?

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by RJH245 View Post
    What good is the second amendment if we have no ammo?
    I think that's the plan.

(Allegheny County)

This session is officially over, so its no going to be enacted this session in PA.

Its easy enough to reintroduce it next session and give it a new number and I fully expect them to along with a long list of other anti-gun bills that got no where this time.

Here read some of the other bad proposed laws that they tried last session, but failed. Especially Go read HB 30 & SB 48 Assault Weapon, they make you destroy your firearms and pay a yearly tax to own them and you can't resell them. MUCH WORSE that the Fed ban was.

http://acslpa.org/n-legislative/anti...ry_3_25_08.htm

HB-2228 – Encoded Ammunition Act

INTRODUCED BY MYERS, M. O'BRIEN, McGEEHAN, THOMAS, PARKER, JOSEPHS, FRANKEL, KENNEY, YOUNGBLOOD,
    W. KELLER, MELIO, WATERS, WILLIAMS, WHEATLEY, KIRKLAND, JAMES, BLACKWELL, ROEBUCK AND OLIVER

1) All ammunition sold or possessed must have a unique serial number on the base of the bullet, a matching number on the cartridge casing, and your ammunition purchase will be registered with the PA state police.

2) The seller of ammunition must collect and submit all of the following information to the PSP for use in their database::

- date of each ammunition purchased

- serial numbers of all ammunition purchased by you

- your driver license number

- Your name

- Your birth date

- any other additional information the PSP deemed as necessary.

3) You will fund this ammunition database, containing your personal information, with an extra .05 cents tax for each round of encoded ammunition purchased. The outside each box of is labeled with the name of manufacturer and a list of all serial numbers of ammunition contained within the box.

4) Everyone is required to dispose of all ammunition that is not encoded, by Jan 1, 2010. The penalty is not spelled out for possession of un-coded ammo; however the default on any un-graded offense in the Uniform Firearm Act is a first-degree misdemeanor. Therefore, firearm ownership would be prohibited upon the conviction of possessing a single round of un-coded ammo. Are we to think that won’t ever happen in PA? Currently there are people in New Jersey serving one year of jail time for each hollow point in their possession!

5) Anyone that willfully destroys or renders the encoded information unreadable commits a misdemeanor of the third degree. If you get sentenced to one year in jail, you loose your right to own firearms.

6) There is nothing in this act that lets you hand load or reload your own ammunition. If you want to load your own ammunition you must obtain a federal license to engage in the business of manufacturing ammo, therefore requiring you to comply with all the numerous federal laws and regulations. This includes paying your yearly Special Occupation Tax along with all provisions required of this act just to reload ammo. Are you ready to be made into a criminal? All of this, to allegedly solve a crime, which career criminals routinely, gets plea-bargained down.
    You can say its crazy, they can never do it. IF they got the votes or gun owners don't step and stop these crazy ideas will become laws that effect you.

Think it can happen here, think again.

I talk with gun owners all the time that never had a idea that a bill like this was even being considered in PA, YOU CAN'T FIGHT something you never knew existed.....IF so many gun owners aren't paying attention to proposals like this, IT CAN HAPPEN HERE.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by RJH245 View Post
    I am a little worried by all these gun laws. What good is the second amendment if we have no ammo?
    And your point is???

Here to all the gun owners that support just some common sense gun laws. [up your traitors]
    Ed

(York County)

I guess my biggest point is that, I am suprised how many gun owners know nothing about these possible laws and what they would do to impact the sport of shooting. I am also amazed that some people believed Obama when he said he was a "friend" of the gun owner.

I have always voted pro gun. The idea that people could be forced to use up all unmarked ammo by a set date is a scary idea. I would worry that some people would choose to the their ammo but, not in the way the goverment wishes people use or dispose the unmarked ammo.

I would expect a law like this would also start a huge blackmarket for unmarked ammo? What about people who make their own lead bullets for reloading?

I just think back on history and there have been more than a few times when making a new law has caused more problems that it ever solved.
    Last edited by RJH245; November 25th, 2008 at 10:22 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast