Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 71 123451151 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default ACTION ALERT!! - HB 2011 (Now HB 80) Pre-Emption! We need all hands on deck today!

Pennsylvania people ACTION ALERT!! - HB 2011 Pre-Emption!

Your help is needed!
    Rep Mike Turzai has committed to move HB 2011. This bill strengthens pre-emption by providing for standing and compensation of expenses in the event a local law needs to be challenged that conflicts with State gun laws. Corbett said he will sign if it is put on his desk in the remaining 11 days left to the legislative session.

PLEASE do the following 3 simple things today.

1) call your State Rep and ask him/her to support HB2011 for a vote without amendments.

2) Call your State Senator and ask him/her to support the Senate equivalent of HB2011 without amendment when it comes to the senate for a vote

3) Call Senator Stewart Greenleaf who chairs judiciary and ask him to allow the senate version of HB2011 to be put up for a vote without amendments.
    Last edited by Tootie; October 20th, 2014 at 10:19 AM.

(Chester County)

Default Re: ACTION ALERT!! - HB 2011 Pre-Emption!

Question:

In a pre-emption dispute with a municipality, would it be more effective to sue the township's legal counselor and his/her firm? That lawyer is considered an "expert" in the law and knowingly violated a state law.

(Montgomery County)

In a pre-emption dispute with a municipality, would it be more effective to sue the township's legal counselor and his/her firm? That lawyer is considered an "expert" in the law and knowingly violated a state law.
    I doubt you would have standing to bring an action, let alone a viable cause of action, against the municipality's lawyer. The lawyer did not make the actual decision, he owes you no direct duty of care, and you aren't in privity with him.

(Chester County)

Thanks for the reply. I just thought the township would've sought his advice and if so he's liable.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    Pennsylvania people ACTION ALERT!! - HB 2011 Pre-Emption!

Your help is needed!
    Rep Mike Turzai has committed to move HB 2011. This bill strengthens pre-emption by providing for standing and compensation of expenses in the event a local law needs to be challenged that conflicts with State gun laws. Corbett said he will sign if it is put on his desk in the remaining 11 days left to the legislative session.

PLEASE do the following 3 simple things today.

1) call your State Rep and ask him/her to support HB2011 for a vote without amendments.

2) Call your State Senator and ask him/her to support the Senate equivalent of HB2011 without amendment when it comes to the senate for a vote

3) Call Senator Stewart Greenleaf who chairs judiciary and ask him to allow the senate version of HB2011 to be put up for a vote without amendments.

Question from someone who doesn't do this sort of thing as often as I should: if I call my state senator's office are they going to give me the time of day if I'm asking about "the Senate equivalent of HB2011"? It just seems so nebulous.

I called my state rep's office about HB2011 (had to leave a voicemail) but I feel weird calling my senator about something as awkwardly described as "the Senate equivalent of HB2011".
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: CIA Expert: Barack Obama Has Openly “Turned” in the War on Terrorism

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    Question from someone who doesn't do this sort of thing as often as I should: if I call my state senator's office are they going to give me the time of day......
    As a concerned citizen your reps should already be on first name basis with you because you donated and volunteered for their election or were so effective helping the other guy that they want your support.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: CIA Expert: Barack Obama Has Openly “Turned” in the War on Terrorism

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    As a concerned citizen your reps should already be on first name basis with you because you donated and volunteered for their election or were so effective helping the other guy that they want your support.
    Right.

My point is, "the Senate equivalent of HB2011" is awkward and vague and I'm wondering if they're going to have any idea what I mean or pay any attention to it, regardless of how buddy-buddy I am with my sen.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Mercer County)

I emailed all 3. Thank you for your thread and helping to strengthen the 2A

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    Right.

My point is, "the Senate equivalent of HB2011" is awkward and vague and I'm wondering if they're going to have any idea what I mean or pay any attention to it, regardless of how buddy-buddy I am with my sen.
    We need them to do something with either one. Bring them to a vote, anything besides pushing it off into a corner. The more voices they hear from the more they will inquire about them.

(Bucks County)

Emailed Fra k Farry and O'Neal.

What is the senate bill so I may contact Green....?

Page 1 of 71 123451151 ... LastLast