Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: ACTION ALERT!! - HB 2011 (Now HB 80) Pre-Emption! We need all hands on deck today

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    It just PASSED
    Here's a linky thing.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/...H&type=B&bn=80

(Beaver County)

Default Re: ACTION ALERT!! - HB 2011 (Now HB 80) Pre-Emption! We need all hands on deck today

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Send it up to the Guv'nr. Thanks to all that helped on this vote. To those naysayers that are disappointed by not getting more out our legislature; we need to get more legislaters in favor of the State and US Constitutions elected because these things tend find their level of support. Getting people that believe as we do in our way of life is the task we need to focus upon now and then build on this tiny step forward the same way the bunny huggers would do if they got their bill passed. Many times victories are more symbolic then actual but victories breed momentum. Momentum breeds success in changing the direction and creates movements.

Just get out to vote for the most gun friendly elected officials and bring as many family and friends you can with you.
    Vote was 138-54. Gov. Corbett has said he would sign it if it came to his desk so here's hoping he breaks out his pen either tonight or tomorrow.

Anyone know if they voted on the Pigeon shoot bill?
    Obligatory IANAL!

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici
    (By the power of truth, I while living have conquered the universe)

(Northampton County)

Now that this is done, I believe it is a solution in search of a problem.

I haven't heard of a rash of people being convicted of carrying in places posted with invalid ordinances. I have seen years of invalid ordinances being removed due to the efforts of our forum members.

That recent appeals court ruling re. Erie made it pretty clear - we are expecting that municipalities can still ban guns on their properties, they just can't pass these bans into criminal ordinances. I believe this new law will likely draw more attention to this issue and increase the number of municipalities that ban firearms on their properties.

That does not mean I think this was a bad idea, or a bad cause. I think it was a great cause. I just don't think much positive will come out of it. And that's why I never spoke up about it.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by flyingjunkie View Post
    Anyone know if they voted on the Pigeon shoot bill?
    I got an email from Steve Barrar saying the pigeon bill is dead.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    I got an email from Steve Barrar saying the pigeon bill is dead.
    The pigeon bill was shot down?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I see what you did there.... pretty clever!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Really? Your better than that... (At least include an animated gif or something)

III% - Stand and be counted

(Chester County)

Thank you. I for one am glad that BS was not made into law. The government has no business in such business. If people want to shoot pigeons then shoot them on their own private property and don't get the government involved. I wear leather shoes, belts, jackets and have been known to wear leather pants plus I eat steak, chicken, fish and rattlesnake and I don't need a fricken bunny hugger to tell me how to live my life.

I've shot a boatload of ducks, geese along with pheasants, dove, quail, chukkar, huns, red huns, doe, buck, ground hog, and I've shot pigeons and rats for farmers so I could get permission to hunt their land. I've killed crows using owl decoys and probably some things I've forgotten about and all of it legally. If you're not a hunter then don't hunt. If you're a hunter and have legitimate objections to game laws or tactics then talk about it, make your case. As in all cases though if it's none of your business then leave it be.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Thank you. I for one am glad that BS was not made into law. The government has no business in such business. If people want to shoot pigeons then shoot them on their own private property and don't get the government involved. I wear leather shoes, belts, jackets and have been known to wear leather pants plus I eat steak, chicken, fish and rattlesnake and I don't need a fricken bunny hugger to tell me how to live my life.

I've shot a boatload of ducks, geese along with pheasants, dove, quail, chukkar, huns, red huns, doe, buck, ground hog, and I've shot pigeons and rats for farmers so I could get permission to hunt their land. I've killed crows using owl decoys and probably some things I've forgotten about and all of it legally. If you're not a hunter then don't hunt. If you're a hunter and have legitimate objections to game laws or tactics then talk about it, make your case. As in all cases though if it's none of your business then leave it be.
    Pigeon are neither game nor a natural resource so you could have stopped with the first paragraph.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rblakely View Post
    Really? Your better than that... (At least include an animated gif or something)

My apologies, I didn't mean to disappoint you.

(Fresh off the animator)
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast