Default Re: Chief Mark Kessler for sheriff

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    In what part of the constitution?
    Does it matter?
    The anti's say "why do you need an AR"
    You're saying "why do they need..."

Why do YOU want... Because you can
    Why do they want... Because they can

YOU need your gun to defend yourself from burglars, intruders, robbers....
    THEY need their gun to defend themselves and others from the same thing.

When the "tyrannical gub'ment" comes to confiscate you guns, 3/4 of the cops we talk so badly about will be the ones fighting back and leading the revolution. They just don't publicly broadcast their personal feelings, because they know it will adversely affect their paycheck and ability to feed their family.

Your questioning of the governments weapons, sounds to them.... Just like the anti's questioning your weapons.
    Last edited by jw34; September 21st, 2013 at 07:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    He's allowed because he's special.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by jw34 View Post
    Why do they want... Because they can
    That can only because sheeple let them, being fooled by "this is for your safety" rhetoric. And it's me who's paying for it.

They do have right for it as private individuals - no questions about that. And that doesn't need justification. But don't you want to see justification of wasted taxpayers' money? Especially if they are being wasted on firearms, that defy the whole purpose of surgical (i.e. common sense) police actions. There is no rhyme or reason for the cops to have firearms, with only purpose to provide cover fire or, at worst, to perform mass killings. And we are not talking about Kandahar, where machine guns are used against fortified enemies, we are talking about small rural PD and the Main street, USA. The bullet, that leaves the barrel ends up somewhere. That was one of the first thing, that I've learned in the academy (yes, I'm an ex cop myself). Where do you thing will all those bullets, indiscriminately fired on Main street, USA end up? Oh, right. In your kid's bedroom. Do you want THAT? I don't. They fuck up with their semi auto firearms and kill bystanders without ANY consequences whatsoever. Yes, give them full autos - that will improve their aiming...

You see, there is a reason, our Founding Fathers prohibited the use of military within our borders. Because they didn't want that (granted, they didn't have machine guns, but I hope you get the point). Because they thought there is no place for the military grade weapons in enforcement of the law in our streets. Not because "if we can't use army, then we'll just give tanks and machine guns to the local PDs".

When the "tyrannical gub'ment" comes to confiscate you guns, 3/4 of the cops we talk so badly about will be the ones fighting back and leading the revolution.
    Don't kid yourself. They'll find themselves on top of the food chain at that moment and 90% will perform the confiscation and further enforcement of tyrannical laws without any problem whatsoever. As they already do it, while riding in their cruisers with the Imperial March turned on.
    Je suis déplorable

(Philadelphia County)

he should run for mayor of Philly
    seriously he would have to be better than "nutter street"

(Schuylkill County)

That can only because sheeple let them, being fooled by "this is for your safety" rhetoric. And it's me who's paying for it.

They do have right for it as private individuals - no questions about that. And that doesn't need justification. But don't you want to see justification of wasted taxpayers' money? Especially if they are being wasted on firearms, that defy the whole purpose of surgical (i.e. common sense) police actions. There is no rhyme or reason for the cops to have firearms, with only purpose to provide cover fire or, at worst, to perform mass killings. And we are not talking about Kandahar, where machine guns are used against fortified enemies, we are talking about small rural PD and the Main street, USA. The bullet, that leaves the barrel ends up somewhere. That was one of the first thing, that I've learned in the academy (yes, I'm an ex cop myself). Where do you thing will all those bullets, indiscriminately fired on Main street, USA end up? Oh, right. In your kid's bedroom. Do you want THAT? I don't. They fuck up with their semi auto firearms and kill bystanders without ANY consequences whatsoever. Yes, give them full autos - that will improve their aiming...

You see, there is a reason, our Founding Fathers prohibited the use of military within our borders. Because they didn't want that (granted, they didn't have machine guns, but I hope you get the point). Because they thought there is no place for the military grade weapons in enforcement of the law in our streets. Not because "if we can't use army, then we'll just give tanks and machine guns to the local PDs".

Don't kid yourself. They'll find themselves on top of the food chain at that moment and 90% will perform the confiscation and further enforcement of tyrannical laws without any problem whatsoever. As they already do it, while riding in their cruisers with the Imperial March turned on.

Chief Kessler didn't waste any taxpayer money on the weapons he donated them to the borough. I do agree with you, there is no needing to waste tax money on them for the police.

(Berks County)

Wow. Just wow. If you're an ex-cop, then you know the whole full auto thing is decided by the Chief of the dept. so obviously, this Chief (Kessler) is using his authority for personal gain. "I get to play with full auto, cuz I'm in charge!" Yet you support this guy for more power?
    And don't get me wrong, I have no need for full auto at work. But I'd like a rifle to engage at greater distance with more accuracy. Ever been shot at by a nut in a 2nd story window, 50yds away, with only a Glock to defend yourself? Wish I had a rifle that day.
    Full auto, or select fire for SWAT teams serving felony warrants, that's their choice, not mine. But I'm not gonna sit here and ask "why do they need that?" Just like Feinstein asks about your need for your "assault" rifle.
    Sounds like you want "common sense cop gun control."

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by americanr1 View Post
    Chief Kessler didn't waste any taxpayer money on the weapons he donated them to the borough. I do agree with you, there is no needing to waste tax money on them for the police.
    So he used his money, and his Chief status for personal gain. Cheaper class 3 toys for only him to play with. Using the dept name and credentials for his personal hobby. Nice.

(Pike County)

Yet you support this guy for more power?
    I will appreciate, of you'll re-read my first post in this thread, where I stated, that I will remain neutral until Kessler does all the 'splaining on full auto ordeal. I DID NOT say, that I suport him.

But I'd like a rifle to engage at greater distance with more accuracy.
    Totally. And will gladly approve spending of my portion of taxpayers' money for good sniper rifles, great scopes and finest training (on shooting and reloading) for police snipers.

Ever been shot at by a nut in a 2nd story window, 50yds away, with only a Glock to defend yourself?
    No, never been in that particular scenario, but participated in quite few bad ones and totally know what you mean. I think semi auto patrol rifle is a must for a cop. And for crying out loud - more accurate, than the one I had.

Full auto, or select fire for SWAT teams serving felony warrants, that's their choice, not mine.
    Been there too, armed with full auto AKSU74 (I served overseas). Still see no need for that particular type of weaponry for police, even for the swat teams.

But I'm not gonna sit here and ask "why do they need that?"
    And why do they need that? oh, right, they think they can. Who cares about the need. But I'm Joe the taxpayer - the one who's footing the bill and being killed by stray bullets, fired by cops. So I'm sure as hell I will question that.

Just like Feinstein asks about your need for your "assault" rifle.
    This is my right, according to the constitution. That also provides justification for that need. While government (police) powers supposed to be LIMITED by the very same constitution.

Sounds like you want "common sense cop gun control."
    Not me, but Founding fathers stated on many occassions, that government must remain on the leash. How the heck the citizens ended up at the wrong end of it?
    Je suis déplorable

(Berks County)

How the heck the citizens ended up at the wrong end of it?
    Simply identified problem: the evolution of American thug society thinking it's cool to be a criminal. The media sensation over mass killings. And the historical issue of police being out gunned and ill-equipped to handle an incident (ie. North Hollywood shoot out)

Simple Solution: there is none.

Everyone likes to bitch and moan over a particular item, instance, or circumstance. It would be wonderful if police had enough manpower, money and training to handle each individual circumstance perfectly. That's impossible, so they have to TRY to be prepared to handle ANY circumstance the best they can with what they got.
    Last edited by jw34; September 21st, 2013 at 09:54 PM.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Your questioning of the governments weapons, sounds to them.... Just like the anti's questioning your weapons.
    You don't seem to understand, the government has no rights and it is our right to question the government's actions.

(Pike County)

That's impossible, so they have to TRY to be prepared to handle ANY circumstance the best they can with what they got.
    They are not even obligated to protect us (Warren vs. DC), so what the fuck are they trying? To intimidate motorists at borderline illegal DUI checkpoints, or commuters at the Suburban station? Or an average Joe, who's residence they break into in the middle of the night by mistake?
    Je suis déplorable

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast