Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default HB 357 Right to Bear Arms Protection Act - Daryl D. Metcalfe

Early in Jan 2013 and in HBG on Jan 23, 2013 spoke to Rep Metcalfe sponsor of HB 357 and Rep Gabler sponsor of Firearm Freedom Act (FFA)

They two bill are similar based on Supremacy of states’ rights under the 10th amendment in concept but will vary in text as to what they will do to protect firearm owners rights. Either concept can be amended to include the other in the house on 2nd consideration to strengthen (including Rep Tallman’s Prohibiting the Regulation of Firearms by an Executive Order), before move to senate.

Rep Gabler is re writing the FFA request sponsorship memo for 2013 read this thread here

Firearm Freedom Act – Rep Gabler 2013-2014 session effort
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...on-effort.html
    Any title 18 firearm bill first has to escape the committee process.
    the first stop for any proposed bill is house Judiciary committee chaired by Rep Marsico.

The committee chair decides what bills moves in that committee and which one don’t.

IF you are FOR the concept of HB 357 please contact Rep Marsico office and ask to run House Bill 357

rmarsico@pahousegop.com
    HBG phone (717) 783-2014
    -

The text of HB 357 is here to read
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&BN=0357
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix01 View Post
    It's currently at 72 members.

METCALFE, BAKER, BLOOM, BROOKS, CAUSER, CLYMER, EVERETT, GABLER, GROVE, HAHN, C. HARRIS, HESS, HICKERNELL, KAUFFMAN, F. KELLER, M. K. KELLER, KNOWLES, KRIEGER, MAJOR, MILLARD, MILLER, MOUL, MULLERY, PYLE, SACCONE, SANKEY, STEVENSON, TALLMAN, CUTLER, ROAE, ROCK, MALONEY, ELLIS, MUSTIO, REESE, BENNINGHOFF, EMRICK, METZGAR, JAMES, EVANKOVICH, PAYNE, SWANGER, READSHAW, RAPP, DENLINGER, OBERLANDER, S. H. SMITH, DUNBAR, SAYLOR, MARSHALL, REED, SCAVELLO, MCGINNIS, LUCAS, (AUMENT, LAWRENCE Jan 28, 2013) (HEFFLEY, COX, PEIFER Jan 29, 2013, FLECK Jan 30, 2013), (SCHLEGEL-CULVER, GILLEN, MASSER Jan 31, 2013) (STERN Feb 1, 2013), PETRARCA Feb 4, PICKETT Feb 11, TURZAI Feb 13, CHRISTIANA Feb 25, and DAY Feb 28, 2013, HARHART Mar 4, 2013 R BROWN and BOBACK Mar 5, 2013
    More sponsorship = greater chance for passage

First list is past sponsors to FFA

second list is pro gun that vary from so so, to weak, (new reps that typical won’t sposnor) to very strong

tkillion@pahousegop.com; nkotik@pahouse.net; tmahoney@pahouse.net; boneill@pahousegop.com; mreese@pahousegop.com; mturzai@pahousegop.com; sbarrar@pahousegop.com; tcaltagi@pahouse.net;ffabrizi@pahouse.net; Ffarry@pahousegop.com; mgergely@pahouse.net; jgibbons@pahouse.net; mgingric@pahousegop.com; rgodshal@pahousegop.com; ngoodman@pahouse.net; ggrell@pahousegop.com; tharhai@pahouse.net; bkortz@pahouse.net; nmicozzi@pahousegop.com; tmurt@pahousegop.com; bneuman@pahouse.net; jsimmons@pahousegop.com; csonney@pahousegop.com; jwhite@pahouse.net;

kharper@pahousegop.com; bbarbin@pahouse.net; fburns@pahouse.net; mcarroll@pahouse.net; sconklin@pahouse.net; dcosta@pahouse.net; pdaley@pahouse.net; ddeasy@pahouse.net; sdelozie@pahousegop.com; tdeluca@pahouse.net; fdermody@pahouse.net; gdigirol@pahousegop.com; henglish@pahousegop.com; kgillesp@pahousegop.com; mhanna@pahouse.net; pharkins@pahouse.net; shelm@pahousegop.com; wkampf@pahousegop.com; dkula@pahouse.net; mlongiet@pahouse.net; jmaher@pahousegop.com; jmarkose@pahouse.net; rmarsico@pahousegop.com; rmatzie@pahouse.net; NickMicc@pahousegop.com; rmirabito@pahouse.net; spetri@pahousegop.com; psnyder@pahouse.net; mtobash@pahousegop.com; mtoepel@pahousegop.com; ttoohil@pahousegop.com; dtruitt@pahousegop.com; mvereb@pahousegop.com; kwatson@pahousegop.com; rbizzarro@pahouse.net; bcorbin@pahousegop.com; mfee@pahousegop.com; kgreiner@pahousegop.com; mregan@pahousegop.com; tstephen@pahousegop.com;

If you are for the concept in Rep Metcalfe HB 357 the Right to Bear Arms Protection Act can you send some BBC emails using the batch email address and do your part to help move this bill.

If you want to do more to show your support for your firearm rights, April 23, 2013 is another chance to directly lobby legislators

HB 357 and many other pro gun bills will be part of The 8th annual Second Amendment Action Day & interactive lobbying event Tuesday April 23, 2013

http://forum.pafoa.org/political-138...ing-event.html

IF you wish to Thank Rep. Metcalfe for being the tip of the spear in the fight to Keep the Right to Bear Arms in PA
    dmetcalf@pahousegop.com

Quote Originally Posted by vinlander View Post
    I would like to see provisions in this bill for (and I have contacted Rep. Metcalfe to suggest these):

- A clause to avoid legislation can be passed which is stricter than federal law (or language that describe what can or cannot be outlawed, registered, etc.) Obviously the reason is that we don't want PA law to be stricter than federal law on this subject.

- Pre-emption clause to keep Philly and other cities/areas from passing their own, stricter laws.

- A provision for not just firearms, but other common arms and tools as well, like knives. KnifeRights.org have been trying to push these exact things in PA for the past year, and quite frankly we should pool our numbers.
    -

IF Rep Metcalfe’s proposed text doesn’t go far enough for your standards. You can always contact your Rep and convince them to draft a stronger version or have your Rep upgrade by amendment process at the appropriate time.

- That was Rep Metcalfe's Preemption Violations (HB 1523 last session)
    Regulation of Firearms and Ammunition read 2013 sponsorship memo here
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...&cosponId=9883

Some of you might have missed the last two sessions over four plus year war over Preemption battles that Rep Metcalfe has fought for US.
    IF so, you should take some time read of these past efforts IF you didn't know

2011-12 Proposed law for dealing with Municipalities Violating Preemption Law
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ption-law.html

- Rep Brooks introduced in the 2011-2012 session knife Reform HB 2548

Last edited by WhiteFeather; March 5th, 2013 at 07:12 PM. Reason: UPDATED SPONSOR - CONTACT INFO
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Blair County)

Default Re: Right to Bear Arms Protection Act - Daryl D. Metcalfe

Thank you's sent to Rep. Metcalfe for introducing, and to my representative, Rep. McGinnis, for co-sponsering.

Email sent to Sen. Eichelberger requesting his support should it reach the senate
    Magnum en parvo!

(Pike County)

Got a few responses from reps...

Thank you for contacting me about gun control. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, January 16, 2013, President Obama announced a variety of gun policy measures in response to the Newtown, CT killings. I therefore value knowing your views on this important issue, which is important to me as I carefully review the President's proposals. Like many Pennsylvanians, I believe that Second Amendment rights are important and must be protected, but there may be areas of agreement with the White House that can be addressed to improve public safety. I also believe that people who use guns in an illegal manner or harm others with them should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

That said, we have consistently observed that mass killings are the result of serious mental illness. We therefore need to better protect ourselves from mentally ill individuals who seek to carry out such atrocities, including improved background checks. We also need to review and improve how we take care of the mentally ill. As I continue working with my Senate colleagues on both sides of the aisle on public safety, please be assured that I will keep your views about firearms in mind.

Thank you again for your correspondence. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Pat Toomey
    U.S. Senator, Pennsylvania

--------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting me about the regulation of firearms in the wake of the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary. I appreciate hearing your views.

On December 14, 2012, our nation experienced an unspeakable tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of this terrible event, as well as to their families and loved ones.

Unfortunately, in the wake of this tragedy, there have been a number of Washington politicians, including President Obama, who seem determined to take advantage of these horrible events by advancing an anti-gun political agenda. President Obama put forth his legislative proposals which would: require criminal background checks for all gun sales; reinstate the assault weapons ban; restore a 10 round limit on magazines; eliminate armor piercing bullets; provide mental health services in schools; hire more police officers; and institute a federal gun trafficking statute. These legislative proposals are supplemented by 23 executive orders directing executive branch agencies to institute policies to supposedly enforce existing law and streamline sharing intra-agency information sharing.

As a strong advocate of 2nd Amendment rights, I do not support the implementation of additional regulations on firearms at the expense of law-abiding citizens. The President's most recent proposals will do little to curb future acts of violence and will do nothing to target the fundamental issues at hand, including addressing school security, mental health, and the extreme pervasiveness of violence in our society's culture and media. Connecticut gun laws, for example, are some of the most aggressive and restrictive in the nation, but that still did not prevent an individual from illegally obtaining firearms from a lawful owner.

As the father of two school-aged children, I am deeply concerned about the safety and security of our schools. I believe that the first step we must take is aggressively enforcing the laws currently on our books. Under the Obama Administration, gun prosecutions have decreased more than 45 percent. As a former federal prosecutor, I know firsthand the importance of fully enforcing gun laws and getting illegal firearms off of the streets. Additionally, I believe our nation must take a collective look at the treatment of the mentally ill and determine if our resources are being used appropriately and if additional resources are required. I will continue to work with my colleagues as we search for real solutions that will prevent these tragedies in the future, but I will not stand by as this Administration attempts to infringe upon the Constitutionally-guaranteed rights of lawful gun owners.

Please continue to contact me on matters that are important to you. It is an honor to serve you in the U.S. House of Representatives, thank you.

Respectfully,

Tom Marino
    Member of Congress

---------------------------------------------------

Thank you for visiting Representative Metcalfe's website and signing the Standing Up to Gun Control Petition.

He is one of the most vocal and active defenders of the 2nd Amendment in the Pennsylvania Legislature, and will oppose any attack that is an infringement on 2nd Amendment rights.

Representative Metcalfe will be holding the Second Amendment Action Day at the State Capitol in Harrisburg on Tuesday, April 23, 2013. This event is a great opportunity to join with other supporters of freedom to protect the right to bear arms. More information about the event can be found at RepMetcalfe.com.

If Representative Metcalfe can be of assistance to you in the future with any state-related matter, please do not hesitate to contact his office.

Sincerely,

Courtney Bright, Legislative Assistant
    State Representative Daryl Metcalfe
    12th Legislative District

(Pike County)

I sent Faxes and E-Mails to my two Rep's, the state Senator and the Governor asking them to support this bill. Hopefully it continues to gain traction.

(Montgomery County)

Seems to be. I just wrote all the reps supporters and on the fence guys. Two different letters of course. Anyway I received a personal response from one of the on the fence guys that he in fact does support 357.

Keep up the writing guys both state and fed. Numbers matter.

Hey as you can see I am kinda new here. What are the little green boxes and the Rep Power things mean???
    Last edited by thumbs; January 26th, 2013 at 10:37 PM.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by thumbs View Post
    Seems to be. I just wrote all the reps supporters and on the fence guys. Two different letters of course. Anyway I received a personal response from one of the on the fence guys that he in fact does support 357.

Hey as you can see I am kinda new here. What are the little green boxes and the Rep Power things mean???
    Other members can add to your reputation which will increase your "Rep Power".

Welcome to the Forum.
    Armalite AR-30, 6 AR15's, Glock 30, Rem 700 SPS Tac .308, 12GA, Yugo AK47 UF, AK47.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by thumbs View Post

How many people in total did you write?

(Montgomery County)

I wrote them all. I took WhiteFeather's list and wrote to the supporters and the on the fence guys. Haven't heard back from to many maybe four or so. Some thanking me for supporting them for supporting 357. One that I know of was on the on the fence list but wrote they would be supporting 357 and saying your welcome. I thought on Monday there were 40 now there are about 55 if I read the post right.

(Blair County)

Response from Sen. Eichelberger:

"Mr. Anderson,
    I cannot sign unto a House bill as a co-sponsor. I am working on similar legislation in the Senate. I am supportive of this effort.
    Thank you for your support of our 2nd Amendment rights.
    John Eichelberger"

I did put in my email that I would like his full support "should this reach the Senate"...guess he missed that line. At least he didn't send me a vague form letter.
    Magnum en parvo!

(Butler County)

Emails sent to all the addresses in Whitefeather's post, asking them to co-sponsor HB 357. Email sent to Rep. Marsico asking for him to bring it up for a vote in the Judiciary Committee. I'll call his office tomorrow.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast