Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB80 Signed by Governor Corbett!

Thanks to everyone's support of this bill, it has been signed into law by Governor Corbett. Municipalities can now be held liable for firearms laws on the books which are in direct violation of the state's preemption laws. To link to continuing discussion on the new law, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Law & Politics > Pennsylvania

Notices

Pennsylvania Discuss Pennsylvania-Specific, firearm-related politics and organize communication with state representatives here.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old January 15th, 2013, 01:59 PM

(Berks County)
Rush2112 has a reputation beyond reputeRush2112 has a reputation beyond reputeRush2112 has a reputation beyond reputeRush2112 has a reputation beyond reputeRush2112 has a reputation beyond reputeRush2112 has a reputation beyond reputeRush2112 has a reputation beyond reputeRush2112 has a reputation beyond reputeRush2112 has a reputation beyond reputeRush2112 has a reputation beyond reputeRush2112 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Response from Senator Schwank

Here is Judy Schwank's response to my e-mail:

"Dear Mr. Berg:

Thank you for your e-mail. As a staunch supporter of responsible gun ownership myself, I appreciate knowing your comments. You can be sure that I take them very seriously, and they will be helpful to me as we look at changes to Pennsylvania laws.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please let me know whenever I can help you with matters involving state government."

Now, let me just say I have a huge amount of respect for Judy Schwank. She formerly served as interim dean of agriculture at my alma mater and did a fantastic job. She was surely missed when she left to pursue being a state senator. However from this response alone, I can't really tell if she's pro and anti-gun ownership. She does mention she's a staunch supporter of responsible gun ownership, but from there she is rather vague and mentions changing PA laws. I'm glad to know she is all for responsible gun ownership, but not so sure what her stance is on the AWB and high cap magazine ban.

Anyone else get a response from her or try writing to her? She's the first who has gotten back to me, hopefully this isn't an auto reply like we seem to get from every other rep.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old January 15th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Grand Member

customloaded has a reputation beyond reputecustomloaded has a reputation beyond reputecustomloaded has a reputation beyond reputecustomloaded has a reputation beyond reputecustomloaded has a reputation beyond reputecustomloaded has a reputation beyond reputecustomloaded has a reputation beyond reputecustomloaded has a reputation beyond reputecustomloaded has a reputation beyond reputecustomloaded has a reputation beyond reputecustomloaded has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Response from Senator Schwank

Fire back an email thanking her for her term as dean as you outlined. Then, asked specific PA gun law changes. I would mention a positive change in PA law like outlawing the ROS database, repealing the requirements for a LTCF for concealment and loaded transport (Constitutional Carry), taking out the character clause for a LTCF, specifically allowing those with a LTCF to carry on K-12 property etc...you know, nail her down for specifics.

CL
Old January 15th, 2013, 05:30 PM

(Franklin County)
Posit has a reputation beyond reputePosit has a reputation beyond reputePosit has a reputation beyond reputePosit has a reputation beyond reputePosit has a reputation beyond reputePosit has a reputation beyond reputePosit has a reputation beyond reputePosit has a reputation beyond reputePosit has a reputation beyond reputePosit has a reputation beyond reputePosit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush2112 View Post

"Dear Mr. Berg:

Thank you for your e-mail. As a staunch supporter of responsible gun ownership myself, I appreciate knowing your comments. You can be sure that I take them very seriously, and they will be helpful to me as we look at changes to Pennsylvania laws.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please let me know whenever I can help you with matters involving state government."

Now, let me just say I have a huge amount of respect for Judy Schwank. She formerly served as interim dean of agriculture at my alma mater and did a fantastic job. She was surely missed when she left to pursue being a state senator. However from this response alone, I can't really tell if she's pro and anti-gun ownership. She does mention she's a staunch supporter of responsible gun ownership, but from there she is rather vague and mentions changing PA laws. I'm glad to know she is all for responsible gun ownership, but not so sure what her stance is on the AWB and high cap magazine ban.

Anyone else get a response from her or try writing to her? She's the first who has gotten back to me, hopefully this isn't an auto reply like we seem to get from every other rep.
Frankly, she didn't say anything.
Old January 15th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Grand Member
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Armstrong County)
edstephan has a reputation beyond reputeedstephan has a reputation beyond reputeedstephan has a reputation beyond reputeedstephan has a reputation beyond reputeedstephan has a reputation beyond reputeedstephan has a reputation beyond reputeedstephan has a reputation beyond reputeedstephan has a reputation beyond reputeedstephan has a reputation beyond reputeedstephan has a reputation beyond reputeedstephan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to edstephan Send a message via Yahoo to edstephan

You have got to be kidding me!!! I love her code words "responsible gun ownership" and "You can be sure that I take them very seriously, and they will be helpful to me as we look at changes to Pennsylvania laws". This ID10t doesn't know what "Shall NOT Be Questioned" means!!!
You can bet she will vote for every feel good BS gun law that is introduced.
What a crock of Crap!!!

Quote:

"Dear Mr. Berg:

Also ask her if he would support a repeal of the Gun Free School Zones and firearm training and the ability for teachers and staff to carry in schools!!!

Ed

Last edited by edstephan; January 15th, 2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old January 16th, 2013, 01:19 AM
Grand Member
PAFOA Silver Supporter

(Berks County)
stainless has a reputation beyond reputestainless has a reputation beyond reputestainless has a reputation beyond reputestainless has a reputation beyond reputestainless has a reputation beyond reputestainless has a reputation beyond reputestainless has a reputation beyond reputestainless has a reputation beyond reputestainless has a reputation beyond reputestainless has a reputation beyond reputestainless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

"Dear Mr. Berg:

News flash: I got it verbatim. Yeah, I always had a healthy respect for her in her past political life but also don't know how to read this one. Sounds like typical political pablum to me.
Old January 16th, 2013, 01:26 AM
Moderator Emeritus

(Allegheny County)
Emptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond repute

Obama says "responsible" gun owners have nothing to worry about.

I get the same vibe from what she said.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Old January 16th, 2013, 06:08 AM

Keith A has a reputation beyond reputeKeith A has a reputation beyond reputeKeith A has a reputation beyond reputeKeith A has a reputation beyond reputeKeith A has a reputation beyond reputeKeith A has a reputation beyond reputeKeith A has a reputation beyond reputeKeith A has a reputation beyond reputeKeith A has a reputation beyond reputeKeith A has a reputation beyond reputeKeith A has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
Obama says "responsible" gun owners have nothing to worry about.

I get the same vibe from what she said.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.
In Obama's mind, a "responsible" gun owner would never want an AR15 or anything with a magazine over some arbitrary number of rounds.
Old January 16th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Grand Member

(Berks County)
anonymouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouse has a reputation beyond repute

There should be a wiki where we can record politician's statements and actions concerning the right to bear arms. I thought I saw anti-gun statements associated with Senator Schwank, but I'm not sure where.

Anyone know how her voting record has been?
Old January 16th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Grand Member

(Chester County)
Pilot321 has a reputation beyond reputePilot321 has a reputation beyond reputePilot321 has a reputation beyond reputePilot321 has a reputation beyond reputePilot321 has a reputation beyond reputePilot321 has a reputation beyond reputePilot321 has a reputation beyond reputePilot321 has a reputation beyond reputePilot321 has a reputation beyond reputePilot321 has a reputation beyond reputePilot321 has a reputation beyond repute

Just put "Responsible" in the same category as when the Dems say "Common Sense" or "Reasonable". Those are code words for "we get to decide what you think" about an issue before you have a chance to make up your own mind.
Old January 16th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Grand Member

(Berks County)
anonymouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouse has a reputation beyond repute

From http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ml#post2217250 (just emailed my rep and senator(s))

Quote:
Dear Mr. Lexington;

Thank you for contacting me. Your comments are very helpful and will guide me in my decisions on an issue obviously of great concern to everyone.
I strongly support the rights of responsible firearms owners. The gunning down of 20 young children and their teachers, in a school protected by a security system, compels us to acknowledge the reality that we are not now ensuring responsible ownership, however. There are lots of solutions being proposed in the wake of the Newtown killings, from reinstating the "assault weapons ban" to arming school faculties.

While, frankly, I do not think they all deserve equal attention, this tragedy is so profound that it requires that no proposal should be dismissed out of hand. I particularly believe, however, that we need to look closely at how mental illness can lead to violent acts and what we must do to prevent them from happening.

Again, thank you for your e-mail. I appreciate knowing your thoughts, and hope you will let me know whenever I can help you in matters relating to state government.