Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Law & Politics > Pennsylvania

Notices

Pennsylvania Discuss Pennsylvania-Specific, firearm-related politics and organize communication with state representatives here.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old November 9th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Grand Member

bluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanent-Resident Firearm Purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlaya View Post
Thanks for that info! Much appreciated.

Having been here in Pittsburgh since 2000, I dont understand the reasoning behind this, but it is what it is. I feel like I am more American than at least half of the folks born here;I didnt vote any Democrats hahah.

Thanks again.
You are conservative?

Welcome to america buddy. Lets work on citizenship

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old November 9th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Grand Member

bluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond reputebluedog46 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IV_Warrior View Post
Does this mean that the "people" obama gave de facto amnesty to with no vetting can now legally buy guns?
Old November 9th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Grand Member

(Philadelphia County)
Philbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog46 View Post
Does this mean that the "people" obama gave de facto amnesty to with no vetting can now legally buy guns?
You don't need the sneer quotes around people, that's not what alien means. If those people have been given permanent resident status, then yes, they can legally buy guns in PA and most other states. There are a few places where this is not the case, or was not the case - SAF has been filing lawsuits to get restrictions on resident aliens lifted.
Old November 9th, 2012, 11:45 PM

(Lehigh County)
vapochilled has a reputation beyond reputevapochilled has a reputation beyond reputevapochilled has a reputation beyond reputevapochilled has a reputation beyond reputevapochilled has a reputation beyond reputevapochilled has a reputation beyond reputevapochilled has a reputation beyond reputevapochilled has a reputation beyond reputevapochilled has a reputation beyond reputevapochilled has a reputation beyond reputevapochilled has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
Looks like the rule has been changed

https://www.federalregister.gov/arti...arms-2011r-23p
Wow, I stand corrected, was late last year when I bought my last gun and it was still in force then.
Not sure I agree to the removal of the restriction, as an Alien, I had no issue proving residency.
So now I just need my green card and a PA DL?
Old November 10th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Grand Member

(Philadelphia County)
Philbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond reputePhilbert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapochilled View Post
Wow, I stand corrected, was late last year when I bought my last gun and it was still in force then.
Not sure I agree to the removal of the restriction, as an Alien, I had no issue proving residency.
So now I just need my green card and a PA DL?
All I know is what's in the link. It looks like just green card and DL.

Residency must be proved whether you are a citizen or not. For citizens, a state DL is good enough, so why not use the same standard for everyone?
Old November 10th, 2012, 10:36 AM

(Lehigh County)
vapochilled has a reputation beyond reputevapochilled has a reputation beyond reputevapochilled has a reputation beyond reputevapochilled has a reputation beyond reputevapochilled has a reputation beyond reputevapochilled has a reputation beyond reputevapochilled has a reputation beyond reputevapochilled has a reputation beyond reputevapochilled has a reputation beyond reputevapochilled has a reputation beyond reputevapochilled has a reputation beyond repute

Because a resident alien is not a citizen and should be made to prove beyond any question their residency.
I had no issue with it, I was just happy I could pursue my hobby, it's one of the reasons I left the uk
Old November 10th, 2012, 10:49 AM
PAFOA Bronze Supporter

Boots_DE has a reputation beyond reputeBoots_DE has a reputation beyond reputeBoots_DE has a reputation beyond reputeBoots_DE has a reputation beyond reputeBoots_DE has a reputation beyond reputeBoots_DE has a reputation beyond reputeBoots_DE has a reputation beyond reputeBoots_DE has a reputation beyond reputeBoots_DE has a reputation beyond reputeBoots_DE has a reputation beyond reputeBoots_DE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You don't need the sneer quotes around people, that's not what alien means. ....
As for me, I thought he was referring to illegal aliens. I don't think bluedog was referring to aliens in this country legally.
Old November 10th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
You don't need the sneer quotes around people, that's not what alien means. If those people have been given permanent resident status, then yes, they can legally buy guns in PA and most other states. There are a few places where this is not the case, or was not the case - SAF has been filing lawsuits to get restrictions on resident aliens lifted.
I have nothing against legal ones, but in the case of the illegals given amnesty by the stroke of a pen I cant call them what I like and will use quotes. People like the OP I have no problem with.

To my question will these "people" given the obama amnesty ( and them only) be able to own guns legally?
Old November 10th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapochilled View Post
Because a resident alien is not a citizen and should be made to prove beyond any question their residency.
I had no issue with it, I was just happy I could pursue my hobby, it's one of the reasons I left the uk
Welcome to america. Glad to have ya. I heard from a member of a pistol club from england how bad gun laws and crime can be.
Old November 10th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots_DE View Post
As for me, I thought he was referring to illegal aliens. I don't think bluedog was referring to aliens in this country legally.
I was, but since some will be given the obama defacto amensty I was wondering if they would like the so called dreamers. I am aware the ones that would become citizens if congress approves amnesty would.

My hope is former illegal alien gangbangers being able to legally own guns might consern some of those who dont see amensty as a problem.