Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Action alert on HB2011 regarding Pre-Emption

Rep Mike Turzai has committed to move HB 2011. This bill strengthens pre-emption by providing for standing and compensation of expenses in the event a local law needs to be challenged that conflicts with State gun laws. Corbett said he will sign if it is put on his desk in the remaining 11 days left to the legislative session.

For more information and updates on these efforts, and to get involved, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Firearms > Optics

Notices

Optics Scopes, Lasers, Holograms and anything else you can use to make sure you hit your target.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old March 30th, 2010, 06:01 PM

(Philadelphia County)
PhilaShooter has a reputation beyond reputePhilaShooter has a reputation beyond reputePhilaShooter has a reputation beyond reputePhilaShooter has a reputation beyond reputePhilaShooter has a reputation beyond reputePhilaShooter has a reputation beyond reputePhilaShooter has a reputation beyond reputePhilaShooter has a reputation beyond reputePhilaShooter has a reputation beyond reputePhilaShooter has a reputation beyond reputePhilaShooter has a reputation beyond repute
Default CLONE EOTECH'S, anyone with experience ??

I am looking to buy a clone EOTech either the 551 or 552. Has ANYONE ever used these on a real rifle, such as an AK47 like what i plan to use it on, even a FAL or AR-15. Anyone with any info would be MUCH appreciated, i do understand you get what you pay for and they will not be perfect but as long as they hold up and hold zero that's good enough for me...unemployment limits things you know, sure I'd LOVE to get a real one, maybe even in the future i will, but for now it's a clone at best. Thanks in advance for any info you may have.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old March 31st, 2010, 12:22 AM
Grand Member

(Monroe County)
rovert97 has a reputation beyond reputerovert97 has a reputation beyond reputerovert97 has a reputation beyond reputerovert97 has a reputation beyond reputerovert97 has a reputation beyond reputerovert97 has a reputation beyond reputerovert97 has a reputation beyond reputerovert97 has a reputation beyond reputerovert97 has a reputation beyond reputerovert97 has a reputation beyond reputerovert97 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to rovert97 Send a message via MSN to rovert97
Default Re: CLONE EOTECH'S, anyone with experience ??

I bought a clone one from rrages.com for use on my tacticool 22. It works perfectly fine. My coworker bought the same exact one for use on his AR and it has held up to the recoil on the 5.56 with about 300 rounds down range. Not so sure if it would hold up to a 7.62 tho. But with 5.56 and down it has held zero and worked fine. I also had bought an Eotech 4x magnifier for it but I've found that I just don't like it. It added too much weight and I seem to do alot better with just 1x optics anyways.

Here is what I bought.
http://rrages.com/sight/552clone/index.htm

Last edited by rovert97; March 31st, 2010 at 12:52 AM.
Old March 31st, 2010, 12:44 AM

(Bucks County)
MDalton has a reputation beyond reputeMDalton has a reputation beyond reputeMDalton has a reputation beyond reputeMDalton has a reputation beyond reputeMDalton has a reputation beyond reputeMDalton has a reputation beyond reputeMDalton has a reputation beyond reputeMDalton has a reputation beyond reputeMDalton has a reputation beyond reputeMDalton has a reputation beyond reputeMDalton has a reputation beyond repute

Got this cheapy sightmark sight for my AK but the rail system was messed up so I decided to see if it could hold up the recoil of the DE. I have fired about 50 shots on the DE and it still works fine.
Old March 31st, 2010, 12:28 PM

7.62 Precision is an unknown quantity at this point

I would not buy a clone of an EOTech for a couple reasons. First, the clones generally don't work as well or last as well as similar-priced reflex sights that are not clones. Second, I don't like to support companies that are making their money by knocking off other companies products.

I would recommend one of Millett's little red-dot sights - we have had very good results with these for the price, or one of the Vortex reflex sights. The SPOT optic seems to work well too.

None of these are clones of anything, but they work well for the price. The Vortex especially has a good reputation.
Old March 31st, 2010, 12:29 PM

7.62 Precision is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDalton View Post
Got this cheapy sightmark sight for my AK but the rail system was messed up so I decided to see if it could hold up the recoil of the DE. I have fired about 50 shots on the DE and it still works fine.
Sight Mark optics are astonishingly good for the price.
Old March 31st, 2010, 12:37 PM
Banned

(Schuylkill County)
lilb93 has a reputation beyond reputelilb93 has a reputation beyond reputelilb93 has a reputation beyond reputelilb93 has a reputation beyond reputelilb93 has a reputation beyond reputelilb93 has a reputation beyond reputelilb93 has a reputation beyond reputelilb93 has a reputation beyond reputelilb93 has a reputation beyond reputelilb93 has a reputation beyond reputelilb93 has a reputation beyond repute

clone EOTECH hahahahah!
sorry about that my friend bought the one that has the red and green reticle...
it wouldn't hold zero... in the dark it light up the top of his rifle like a red glow stick. leaked red light from everywhere...

JUNK JUNK JUNK!!

You get what you pay for. If it was free i wouldn't put it on my rifle.

BUT..... if you do want eotech like performance w/o the price look for a bushnell HOLO sight it is the same thing w/o the alumnium cover.

Last edited by lilb93; March 31st, 2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old March 31st, 2010, 03:11 PM
Banned

(Philadelphia County)
whenheavenfell has a reputation beyond reputewhenheavenfell has a reputation beyond reputewhenheavenfell has a reputation beyond reputewhenheavenfell has a reputation beyond reputewhenheavenfell has a reputation beyond reputewhenheavenfell has a reputation beyond reputewhenheavenfell has a reputation beyond reputewhenheavenfell has a reputation beyond reputewhenheavenfell has a reputation beyond reputewhenheavenfell has a reputation beyond reputewhenheavenfell has a reputation beyond repute

post removed by poster, fuck this site of hypocrisy.

Last edited by whenheavenfell; April 12th, 2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old April 1st, 2010, 04:39 AM

(Philadelphia County)
he11zna has a reputation beyond reputehe11zna has a reputation beyond reputehe11zna has a reputation beyond reputehe11zna has a reputation beyond reputehe11zna has a reputation beyond reputehe11zna has a reputation beyond reputehe11zna has a reputation beyond reputehe11zna has a reputation beyond reputehe11zna has a reputation beyond reputehe11zna has a reputation beyond reputehe11zna has a reputation beyond repute

Instead of an Eotech ripoff, I'd look into a Primary Arms red dot sight.
www.primaryarms.com
He has a few different models all around $100.

They get great reviews as a poor mans aimpoint and have a warranty.

I've dealt with Marshall (the owner) in the past and he's a standup guy that looks out for his customers.
Old June 4th, 2010, 10:25 PM

chauncey has a reputation beyond reputechauncey has a reputation beyond reputechauncey has a reputation beyond reputechauncey has a reputation beyond reputechauncey has a reputation beyond reputechauncey has a reputation beyond reputechauncey has a reputation beyond reputechauncey has a reputation beyond reputechauncey has a reputation beyond reputechauncey has a reputation beyond reputechauncey has a reputation beyond repute

i don't have any experience with Eotech Clones but i shoot a lot of 308, and i will warn you that cheap optics won't take the punishment of 308, in my experience.
Old June 4th, 2010, 10:35 PM

(Cambria County)
chupa has a brilliant futurechupa has a brilliant futurechupa has a brilliant futurechupa has a brilliant futurechupa has a brilliant futurechupa has a brilliant futurechupa has a brilliant futurechupa has a brilliant futurechupa has a brilliant futurechupa has a brilliant futurechupa has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by he11zna View Post
Instead of an Eotech ripoff, I'd look into a Primary Arms red dot sight.
www.primaryarms.com
He has a few different models all around $100.

They get great reviews as a poor mans aimpoint and have a warranty.

I've dealt with Marshall (the owner) in the past and he's a standup guy that looks out for his customers.
I did own an eotech clone and it went to shit! They look like Eotech on the outside but, after mine wouldn't hold zero I took it apart, full of plastic and glue... I now run primary arms on my ultimak and have had no problems so far. I have heard many good things about them, so I had to give them a try. Oh yeah, it will co witness perfectly on an ak.