Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB 1243 (Preemption Law Changes) Passes House NOW on to Senate - HELP needed

On Oct 6th HB 1243, just passed its third consideration in the House by a vote of 143-54. There are only a few days left to get this through the Senate and we're going to need YOUR help! CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Firearms > Optics

Notices

Optics Scopes, Lasers, Holograms and anything else you can use to make sure you hit your target.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old May 23rd, 2012, 01:14 PM

(Adams County)
Pa.Bill has a reputation beyond reputePa.Bill has a reputation beyond reputePa.Bill has a reputation beyond reputePa.Bill has a reputation beyond reputePa.Bill has a reputation beyond reputePa.Bill has a reputation beyond reputePa.Bill has a reputation beyond reputePa.Bill has a reputation beyond reputePa.Bill has a reputation beyond reputePa.Bill has a reputation beyond reputePa.Bill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Scope for SIG 556

I remember the days when 2-7, on my Rem700/3006 and 3-9 Weaver, on my Win70/.270 were the 'hot scopes of the day.
Looking at todays scopes makes my head spin.

So, I need advice : I have a SIG 556. I'm going to be shooting at
100, 200, 300 yards and mabe a little farther. 90% of the time at
bench rest. I'm also looking to have enough power not to need a spotting
scope.

From what I've seen so far-----> 4-12x50 or 3-16x50 around there somwhere. I know these are high $1000 or more and I will be flexable.
Any recommendations on power, price, maker, would be very helpful.

~THANK YOU~
BILL---------------------------->

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old May 23rd, 2012, 08:32 PM

(Adams County)
Pa.Bill has a reputation beyond reputePa.Bill has a reputation beyond reputePa.Bill has a reputation beyond reputePa.Bill has a reputation beyond reputePa.Bill has a reputation beyond reputePa.Bill has a reputation beyond reputePa.Bill has a reputation beyond reputePa.Bill has a reputation beyond reputePa.Bill has a reputation beyond reputePa.Bill has a reputation beyond reputePa.Bill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scope for SIG 556

Leupold:
V3 Long Range Target Scope 66595, 6.5-20x Variable, 50mm Objective, 30mm Dia Tube, Silver Finish, Varmint Hunters Reticle.

Mount:
Burris 410341 AR-PEPR Tactical Mount-matte 30mm w/Picatinny Tops.
Old May 24th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Grand Member

300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute300WM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa.Bill View Post
Leupold:
V3 Long Range Target Scope 66595, 6.5-20x Variable, 50mm Objective, 30mm Dia Tube, Silver Finish, Varmint Hunters Reticle.

Mount:
Burris 410341 AR-PEPR Tactical Mount-matte 30mm w/Picatinny Tops.
Is this what you bought or what you want to buy?

I have a few Centerpoint 4X16-50 scopes that do most of my duties. Phenominal scope for under $100. I have looked at and shot a number of $$$ scopes, but settled on a Counter Sniper 10X40-56 for just under $600. For the money, it is just about unbeatable. This scope has about 65 shots from a Reminton .338 Lapua, over 200 out of two different Remington 300 Win mags, and numerous shots with a Stag varmint AR. It will still adjust to the increments it says and dime size groups with the Stag is the norm at 100 yds. Just my two cents.
Old May 24th, 2012, 08:02 PM

(Adams County)

I have the Sig set for CQ (see pics) but I'm going to be shooting
100 to 300 yards and maybe more.
So I went a little 'over killer' on the scope and maybe will
not need the need for a spotting scope.

~BEST~
BILL------------------------------>
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cellphone pics 022.jpg (287.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg cellphone pics 023.jpg (360.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg cellphone pics 024.jpg (276.9 KB, 7 views)