Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Accidental (almost) felon

In barbecue preparation, the wife and I decided to take a trip to the 'Holy grail' of grocery stores...Wegmans.

She elected to drive, which I didn't complain about. I tossed on my ruger 1911, climbed into the passenger seat and promptly fell asleep. From York, I made the mistaken assumption that we would go to Camp Hill/Harrisburg for Wegmans.

This is where the almost trouble began.

I woke up in the parking lot, looked to my right and we were at Wegmans. I stretched, re tucked in my shirt behind my tagua holster and walked dutifully toward the door. Once inside I spotted something odd in the distance near the bathrooms... a MARYLAND state trooper.

I smirked and said to my wife 'he's a long way from home' and she looked at me puzzled. It hit home...I was in HUNT VALLEY. He didn't seem to be paying attention, so I started trying to generate a game plan.

He was blocking the bathrooms, and my only place to conceal and then run to the car. I quickly asked for her purse and hid on a bench while she purchased some ice (a thing to hide behind while I walked to the car)

Trooper wandered over and I started to sweat. He mentioned the Army (I had on an army polo) and he just...wouldn't... Shuttup. Finally he walked off after several terrifying minutes and we escaped north of the border.

Thanks, Mrs. RS. Also special thanks to Wegmans for having identical lots/buildings.
    Last edited by RonStoppable; September 1st, 2014 at 11:00 AM. Reason: spelling/rewording

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Accidental (almost) felon

That is severely Effed up. America no more

Fortunately you had the purse and he was afraid to violate your civil rights
    Last edited by PocketProtector; September 1st, 2014 at 10:54 AM.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Close call there RS. I'm wondering, even though accidental, how would the state of Maryland see it? We know how NJ goes about such things. BTW, you just admitted in a public forum you committed a felony....even if accidental. Be careful with such things. Maybe go along the lines of "A friend was just telling me a story....."

Very, very glad you came out ok. Too often the law does not account for simple mistakes or intent.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

When you live along an anti border state you need to be vigilant including your spouse. I live near the NYS border and the rule of thumb is we never go to NY unless there is no other alternative and only when clearly discussed.

You're damn lucky.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    When you live along an anti border state you need to be vigilant including your spouse. I live near the NYS border and the rule of thumb is we never go to NY unless there is no other alternative and only when clearly discussed.

You're damn lucky.
    I refuse to go to PRNY, PRNJ, PRMD under any circumstances. Doesn't make the wife happy but she kinda understands
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    Close call there RS. I'm wondering, even though accidental, how would the state of Maryland see it? We know how NJ goes about such things. BTW, you just admitted in a public forum you committed a felony....even if accidental. Be careful with such things. Maybe go along the lines of "A friend was just telling me a story....."

Very, very glad you came out ok. Too often the law does not account for simple mistakes or intent.
    Very true on the admission point. I know a person who (honestly, not me haha) drove into Maryland from VA while carrying because he was an (off duty) EMT. He heard an accident just across the line on his radio and helped out at the scene. A trooper finally asked him what dept he was with.

End result was trooper basically said 'this ain't virginia. Thanks for your help, but get out and I'll look the other way'

He had the 'helping out the cops' on his side, I think I would have not had as nice an experience.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    I refuse to go to PRNY, PRNJ, PRMD under any circumstances. Doesn't make the wife happy but she kinda understands
    My in-laws live there, so If I go I follow FOPA. But she figured 'two birds, one stone...Wegmans AND parents'

She understood and understands, she just wasn't thinking. I should have clarified...but that's what I get for assuming.

My phone needs to do the DANGER WILL ROBINSON when it detects I'm near PRMD.

Quote Originally Posted by RonStoppable View Post
    My in-laws live there, so If I go I follow FOPA. But she figured 'two birds, one stone...Wegmans AND parents'
    What does FOPA do for you if you are visiting relatives there?

(Delaware County)

I have a friend/relative who was close to the NY border camping with some friends. He crossed the border and did not realize it until he was coming back and saw the Welcome to Pennsylvania sign. He almost crapped himself thing about what might have happened.

He was oc and in a supermarket during his little mistake. Several people noticed but no one said anything. Mabye the area they were in was a little more recipitive to firearms.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Bucks County)

With the clear vision of hindsight I could be a dick and point out that what you had there was a failure to communicate. Wife missed the opportunity to inform she intended to go to Mary land, and you missed the opportunity to ask where are we going. Of course, that question probably would have received something like, "I told you. Wegman's. You don't listen!"

The concept of "The United States", while leaving state's rights preemptory, places the onus on the individual. That formula is riddled with catch-22s and traps. Not exactly the freedom the founders were striving for. Shows how difficult the framers had it. They helplessly passed the difficulty on to us.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast