Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Got told I couldn't have a gun on the Septa train

I was on my way home from the rallies today in Philly, and I used the train (Regional Rail) to get there and back. No one seemed to notice/care on the way there, but a Septa employee did on the way back.

About 30min into the ride, the guy going around collecting tickets noticed I had a gun. He asked if I had a permit for it. I said yes, and he said "Let me see it." I showed it to him (I know, he has no authority to demand it, but I didn't feel like having him call the police) and he looked at it for literally 3 seconds and gave it back, then walked away without saying anything.

He came back a few minutes later with a book and said "read this" as he held it in front of me. It was some regulation about weapons being prohibited on Septa trains. He pulled it away before I could comprehend it all. I think it was code SPO-75 or something like that. He told me I couldn't have a gun and only police can carry on the train. I told him I wasn't aware and the told me not to argue with him. He said he wasn't going to call the police but he will next time and said "we'll see how they handle it" in a demeaning tone. I asked him what the code was again and what the book he had was called, and he said "I showed it to you, and I'm not even supposed to. It's an employee handbook."

My guess is that it was a handbook for employee conduct, and the regulation he pointed out was saying employees can't carry guns. But he wouldn't let me see it again and wouldn't say the name of the book. It was a big black book, that looked pretty old. He told me not to do it again and that it was stupid to bring a gun on a train, and the situation made him nervous.

Sounds to me like his personal feelings are affecting is work duties. I'm going to contact Septa and explain my situation and ask what their policy is.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Got told I couldn't have a gun on the Septa train

This is a few years old, and doesn't specifically address trains, but I asked SEPTA about guns and the thread about it is here: http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...rry-septa.html

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    This is a few years old, and doesn't specifically address trains, but I asked SEPTA about guns and the thread about it is here: http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...rry-septa.html
    I actually read this post while I was on the train from my phone

(York County)

Not so much for you Anthony, this was already on FaceBook, but for any others who happen across this thread...

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...pen-carry.html

N.B.: Posts #1, #58, and #72.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Philadelphia County)

Pretty sure you can carry, I'd email SEPTA just to be sure. Next time you are on that train rub that idiots face into it. Many of their glorified ticket punchers on regional rail trains are wannabe authority figures.

(Chester County)

You should have had this on your phone or printed out on your person to show him what training the SEPTA PD has on open carriers. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4-9...it?usp=sharing

You should've also told him to mind his own damn business as he has no authority in the matter.

(Delaware County)

He showed you an EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK
    and used it as a law reference

Hahahhahahahhahahaaa

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by XavierBK View Post
    You should have had this on your phone or printed out on your person to show him what training the SEPTA PD has on open carriers. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4-9...it?usp=sharing

You should've also told him to mind his own damn business as he has no authority in the matter.
    I attempted to. I had it ready in case someone said something. I said "I'm fairly certain I can carry on the train. I have a PowerPoint here on my phone by Septa PD that explains what to do if there is someone open carrying, and it just says to ask for an LTCF and if produced, thank them and end the interaction." He responded with "Don't argue with me. I just showed you the rules." And then he walked away. There was no getting through to this stubborn idiot.

(Delaware County)

Sounds like he was a jackass. Ignore him and carry on.

Or call Septa and get their employees "re-educated."

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

It's against the rules but I'm not allowed to show you the rule that you are violating.

Very, interesting. . . but stupid.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast