Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Action alert on HB2011 regarding Pre-Emption

Rep Mike Turzai has committed to move HB 2011. This bill strengthens pre-emption by providing for standing and compensation of expenses in the event a local law needs to be challenged that conflicts with State gun laws. Corbett said he will sign if it is put on his desk in the remaining 11 days left to the legislative session.

For more information and updates on these efforts, and to get involved, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Concealed & Open Carry > Open Carry

Notices

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old March 19th, 2013, 02:28 PM

(Indiana County)
hgravelle has a reputation beyond reputehgravelle has a reputation beyond reputehgravelle has a reputation beyond reputehgravelle has a reputation beyond reputehgravelle has a reputation beyond reputehgravelle has a reputation beyond reputehgravelle has a reputation beyond reputehgravelle has a reputation beyond reputehgravelle has a reputation beyond reputehgravelle has a reputation beyond reputehgravelle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Open & Concealed Carry in a car

I just got my CC permit a week ago and my 380 a few days before that so I am new to all the laws but with my permit am I allowed to have my gun in its holster on my hip while driving or does my gun have to be on the pass seat, glove box etc... A cop was following me into town today & I was getting nervous. Also when a cop walks up to the window to ask for proof of insurance & stuff do I have to tell him I have a loaded gun in the car or only if he asks?

Thank you

-HG

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old March 19th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Grand Member

(Venango County)
Connal has a reputation beyond reputeConnal has a reputation beyond reputeConnal has a reputation beyond reputeConnal has a reputation beyond reputeConnal has a reputation beyond reputeConnal has a reputation beyond reputeConnal has a reputation beyond reputeConnal has a reputation beyond reputeConnal has a reputation beyond reputeConnal has a reputation beyond reputeConnal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Open & Concealed Carry in a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgravelle View Post
I just got my CC permit a week ago and my 380 a few days before that so I am new to all the laws but with my permit am I allowed to have my gun in its holster on my hip while driving or does my gun have to be on the pass seat, glove box etc... A cop was following me into town today & I was getting nervous. Also when a cop walks up to the window to ask for proof of insurance & stuff do I have to tell him I have a loaded gun in the car or only if he asks?

Thank you

-HG
Alrighty, lets start from the top. Welcome to the board.

Here in PA it is a license to carry a firearm. You are in fact allowed to keep it in a holster. You can keep it anywhere you like in the car. I am a firm believer in not keeping it in the glove box. All you need is for some nervous nelly to go off and shoot you or draw on you.

If a cop asks, you don't have to tell him you are armed. There is no duty to inform here in PA.
Old March 19th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Grand Member

(York County)
Curmudgeon has a reputation beyond reputeCurmudgeon has a reputation beyond reputeCurmudgeon has a reputation beyond reputeCurmudgeon has a reputation beyond reputeCurmudgeon has a reputation beyond reputeCurmudgeon has a reputation beyond reputeCurmudgeon has a reputation beyond reputeCurmudgeon has a reputation beyond reputeCurmudgeon has a reputation beyond reputeCurmudgeon has a reputation beyond reputeCurmudgeon has a reputation beyond repute

For starters, please acquaint yourself with the stickies (FAQs) found right here...

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...nsylvania.html (READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania)

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...carry-you.html (Your Pennsylvania Gun Rights ~Handy flyer to carry with you.)

http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...re-you-do.html (Open carry and what you should know before you do it)

I can't even guess as to the number of questions that are asked and answered within those threads. Stay out of trouble and sooth your fraying nerves. Your brain and the knowledge in it are your first and greatest weapons.

And welcome to "the dark side". We have cookies!
Old March 19th, 2013, 06:57 PM

afdcomposer has a reputation beyond reputeafdcomposer has a reputation beyond reputeafdcomposer has a reputation beyond reputeafdcomposer has a reputation beyond reputeafdcomposer has a reputation beyond reputeafdcomposer has a reputation beyond reputeafdcomposer has a reputation beyond reputeafdcomposer has a reputation beyond reputeafdcomposer has a reputation beyond reputeafdcomposer has a reputation beyond reputeafdcomposer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgravelle View Post

Thank you

-HG
See below, and welcome to the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
For starters, please acquaint yourself with the stickies (FAQs) found right here...

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...nsylvania.html (READ FIRST: Where you CAN and CANNOT Carry weapons in the State of Pennsylvania)

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...carry-you.html (Your Pennsylvania Gun Rights ~Handy flyer to carry with you.)

http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...re-you-do.html (Open carry and what you should know before you do it)

I can't even guess as to the number of questions that are asked and answered within those threads. Stay out of trouble and sooth your fraying nerves. Your brain and the knowledge in it are your first and greatest weapons.

And welcome to "the dark side". We have cookies!
I must have missed the cookie table, unless you were referring to these:

function setCookie(c_name,value,exdays)
{
var exdate=new Date();
exdate.setDate(exdate.getDate() + exdays);
var c_value=escape(value) + ((exdays==null) ? "" : "; expires="+exdate.toUTCString());
document.cookie=c_name + "=" + c_value;
}