Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Law & Politics > National

Notices

National Discuss National, firearm-related politics and organize communication with national representatives here.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old March 29th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Grand Member

(Monroe County)
tsafa has a reputation beyond reputetsafa has a reputation beyond reputetsafa has a reputation beyond reputetsafa has a reputation beyond reputetsafa has a reputation beyond reputetsafa has a reputation beyond reputetsafa has a reputation beyond reputetsafa has a reputation beyond reputetsafa has a reputation beyond reputetsafa has a reputation beyond reputetsafa has a reputation beyond repute
Default K-Mart vs WallMart (ammo)

I recently moved to Monroe County I have a K-Mart and a Wallmart right across the street from each other. As far as a can tell they sell a lot of the same stuff... at about the same price. I have only been into Kmart once... and that was to see what they had. I saw what they did not have...Ammo.

It seems that K-mart took all the ammo out of their stores. As a result I only go to Wallmart to shop. The way it usually works is that I either go to Wallmart to buy things for the house, and buy six boxes of ammo while there.... or I go to Wallmart to buy Ammo, and end up buying other things for the house. Given that I just had a new house built, you can imagine the amount of money I have spent at Wallmart since in the last 6 months. Hint... over $3,000. This is all money the K-Mart did not get because they do not carry ammo. I hope this message gets around to K-Mart.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old March 29th, 2010, 09:59 PM

Germothy has a reputation beyond reputeGermothy has a reputation beyond reputeGermothy has a reputation beyond reputeGermothy has a reputation beyond reputeGermothy has a reputation beyond reputeGermothy has a reputation beyond reputeGermothy has a reputation beyond reputeGermothy has a reputation beyond reputeGermothy has a reputation beyond reputeGermothy has a reputation beyond reputeGermothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K-Mart vs WallMart (ammo)

isn't this a result of anti's protesting that the ammo used in the Columbine shootings came from Kmart.
I believe it was part of Michael Moore's "Bowling for Columbine", from what I understand.

Totally asinine.
Old March 29th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Moderator Emeritus

(Allegheny County)
Emptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond reputeEmptymag has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. Don't hold your breath on Kmart rushing to appease a handful of gun owners after they worked hard to remove all but the blaze orange overalls in their "sporting goods" dept. over the last several years.
I wonder how many of you even remember seeing rifles in Kmarts.

As for Wmart. give it a few more years, tops - they will dump the "hunting" stuff as well. They have already cut back drastically over the last few years.
Old March 29th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Grand Member

(Lancaster County)
riverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond reputeriverpirate has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to riverpirate

I worked as a manager for Kmart from 2002 - 2006. You are correct about them removing their "pistol" ammo after Moore and a group from Columbine requested it. All pistol ammo was removed except for 22lr. Most Kmarts no longer sell rifles or shotguns anymore due to the regulations of FFL's. They determined it was to big of a risk since they had minimum wage sales persons. It is really determined by the local laws and management. The Kmart in East Lampeter, PA doesnt sell guns of any type due to township ordinances. The Kmart in Lancaster ( 3 miles away ) does because they are allowed to. Same goes with the Walmarts in the same towns.

I agree that Kmart will probably discontinue their sporting goods dept. soon. Then again Kmart will be lucky to be around at all in another 3-5 years.
Old March 30th, 2010, 01:46 PM

schmol has a reputation beyond reputeschmol has a reputation beyond reputeschmol has a reputation beyond reputeschmol has a reputation beyond reputeschmol has a reputation beyond reputeschmol has a reputation beyond reputeschmol has a reputation beyond reputeschmol has a reputation beyond reputeschmol has a reputation beyond reputeschmol has a reputation beyond reputeschmol has a reputation beyond repute

Both of the local wallys in lancaster do not sell guns, but lucky for me I live in York where both of them do

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post
I worked as a manager for Kmart from 2002 - 2006. You are correct about them removing their "pistol" ammo after Moore and a group from Columbine requested it. All pistol ammo was removed except for 22lr. Most Kmarts no longer sell rifles or shotguns anymore due to the regulations of FFL's. They determined it was to big of a risk since they had minimum wage sales persons. It is really determined by the local laws and management. The Kmart in East Lampeter, PA doesnt sell guns of any type due to township ordinances. The Kmart in Lancaster ( 3 miles away ) does because they are allowed to. Same goes with the Walmarts in the same towns.

I agree that Kmart will probably discontinue their sporting goods dept. soon. Then again Kmart will be lucky to be around at all in another 3-5 years.
Old April 1st, 2010, 05:28 AM
In Memoriam

(Berks County)
twoeggsup has a reputation beyond reputetwoeggsup has a reputation beyond reputetwoeggsup has a reputation beyond reputetwoeggsup has a reputation beyond reputetwoeggsup has a reputation beyond reputetwoeggsup has a reputation beyond reputetwoeggsup has a reputation beyond reputetwoeggsup has a reputation beyond reputetwoeggsup has a reputation beyond reputetwoeggsup has a reputation beyond reputetwoeggsup has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmol View Post
Both of the local wallys in lancaster do not sell guns, but lucky for me I live in York where both of them do
Yeah, the newer Super Wally World in Boyertown/Bechtelsville does not sell guns, yet the older smaller Wally in Pottstown does. They have to see the difference... Every time I've been to the Pottstown store the place is jumping with people looking at stuff, not just the guns. The Boyertown Wally "sporting goods" area is usually empty.
Old April 1st, 2010, 01:35 PM
Banned

(Allegheny County)
Wiley-X has a reputation beyond reputeWiley-X has a reputation beyond reputeWiley-X has a reputation beyond reputeWiley-X has a reputation beyond reputeWiley-X has a reputation beyond reputeWiley-X has a reputation beyond reputeWiley-X has a reputation beyond reputeWiley-X has a reputation beyond reputeWiley-X has a reputation beyond reputeWiley-X has a reputation beyond reputeWiley-X has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen rifles in a Wally World for years.

I remember when you could buy rifles and shotguns at Sears. There was also a sporting goods store at South Hills Village mall where you could get pistols. Service Merchandise used to sell guns as well.

Oh, the times they are a changing.
Old April 1st, 2010, 01:37 PM

2dogs has a reputation beyond repute2dogs has a reputation beyond repute2dogs has a reputation beyond repute2dogs has a reputation beyond repute2dogs has a reputation beyond repute2dogs has a reputation beyond repute2dogs has a reputation beyond repute2dogs has a reputation beyond repute2dogs has a reputation beyond repute2dogs has a reputation beyond repute2dogs has a reputation beyond repute

If I remember correctly, that P.O.S. Rosie O'Donnell was also a part of K-Mart dumping guns & ammo.
Old April 1st, 2010, 02:14 PM

(Allegheny County)
BandanaBandit1 has a reputation beyond reputeBandanaBandit1 has a reputation beyond reputeBandanaBandit1 has a reputation beyond reputeBandanaBandit1 has a reputation beyond reputeBandanaBandit1 has a reputation beyond reputeBandanaBandit1 has a reputation beyond reputeBandanaBandit1 has a reputation beyond reputeBandanaBandit1 has a reputation beyond reputeBandanaBandit1 has a reputation beyond reputeBandanaBandit1 has a reputation beyond reputeBandanaBandit1 has a reputation beyond repute

awe thats ashame. at kmart theirs short lines, its quiet and no welfare people there. atleast not anywhere close to walmart...

looks like Kmart will soon fall to WALmart and just become a thing of the past,...kinda like Ames.
Old April 1st, 2010, 02:32 PM
Banned

(Allegheny County)
Wiley-X has a reputation beyond reputeWiley-X has a reputation beyond reputeWiley-X has a reputation beyond reputeWiley-X has a reputation beyond reputeWiley-X has a reputation beyond reputeWiley-X has a reputation beyond reputeWiley-X has a reputation beyond reputeWiley-X has a reputation beyond reputeWiley-X has a reputation beyond reputeWiley-X has a reputation beyond reputeWiley-X has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandanaBandit1 View Post
looks like Kmart will soon fall to WALmart and just become a thing of the past,...kinda like Ames.
Ames, Hills, Zaye, Murphy Mart, WT Grant, GeeBee, Woolworth's . . . .

Just looked up Woolworth's on Wikipedia and learned that Footlocker is the corporate successor to Woolworth's.