Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

(Wayne County)

Default No Ammo and WHY?

I would like some Real Answers on this. Called the Sportsman Guide this am just for a couple questions and got no place. She was like matter of fact, everyone knows what is going on, well please tell me. This has been going on since October 2012, if not earlier on some flavors. What? all the worlds ammo factories just slowed production for 6 months. Please, real answers on why no ammo and no bs. Thanks..

This came in Saturday with the post updates. Please watch this video on Dept. Homeland Security Contract Ammo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=uQoQO0rEeX0#!
    Last edited by Erfurter1937; March 9th, 2013 at 09:04 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: No Ammo and WHY?

you must have just returned from space or something. Obama got re elected.The october run on ammo buying was the build up to him potentially winning. Don't forget all the "mass shootings" that happened and now all the gun legislature that is floating around.

Supply < Demand = No Ammo

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerpa View Post
    Supply < Demand = No Ammo
    I do not buy this. I have spoken to local distributes like Jerry's and they have not been getting normal shipments from the the Factories. It would be one thing if they were getting their normal shipments and just selling because they had a line out the door... this is not the case.

The distributors are not getting the ammo from their suppliers. Given that the factories have profit incentive to make as much ammo as possible and sell it, it seems reasonable that one of two things is happening.

-The Govt is buying it all.
    -The Govt is limiting production and sale to the public.

Its one or the other. The ammo is simply not getting to the retailers.

(Allegheny County)

Sometimes the most basic explanation is too difficult to digest.

This is basic economics. The demand far exceeds the supply. Two things happen. The price goes up, and the supply eventually increases to meet the demand. When the supply exceeds the demand, the price will settle down.

Be patient grasshopper.

Patience.

In the meantime shoot up some of the .22 lr that you hopefully have on hand. Doesn't everybody store at least 10 to 20 bricks of the stuff?

(Monroe County)

I have not seen Federal .22lr bricks at Walmat since last August. It seems like Federal just stopped making these.

(Bucks County)

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what's involved with setting up a small ammunition manufacturing plant?
    Almost a LIB .... ertarian

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rikilii View Post
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what's involved with setting up a small ammunition manufacturing plant?
    LOTS of money - just think of the liability insurance costs...

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by tsafa View Post
    I do not buy this. I have spoken to local distributes like Jerry's and they have not been getting normal shipments from the the Factories. It would be one thing if they were getting their normal shipments and just selling because they had a line out the door... this is not the case.

The distributors are not getting the ammo from their suppliers. Given that the factories have profit incentive to make as much ammo as possible and sell it, it seems reasonable that one of two things is happening.

Every distributor thinks they're a big customer to the manufacturers when in reality there is always bigger customers with bigger, more important orders.
    Fortune fingers the fearless

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by tsafa View Post

Let's see some proof before putting on the tin hats. I know that ATK has a huge govt contract, but there's lots of other ammo manufacturers, many overseas. I doubt the Federal govt is snatching up Prvi Partizan, Armscor, Wolf, PMC, Aguila, Fiocchi, Tula, Golden Bear, in addition to CCI, Remington, Lake City, Magtech, Winchester, Ultramax....

After the panic started, stores were selling a month worth of ammo in a few days. I'm sitting on at least 50% more ammo than I was in November, since I topped off as the panic started. Lots of people are trying to build up a supply but started with zero. The pipeline has been sucked dry. Even if everyone stopped buying tomorrow, it might take a few months just to fill up the store shelves and warehouses again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast