Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Federal Government Renews Push To Disarm Veterans

Default Re: Federal Government Renews Push To Disarm Veterans

I wish these kids that enlist in the armed services would actually do some research before they put their lives at risk for these assholes.
    And what do they get out of it when they finish serving?
    Loss of rights... Great...

(Delaware County)

its a no brainer trying to disarm vets, they spent millions of dollars on us teaching us skills that "could" be used against them if they turn tyrannical (which i believe they already have)
    how many vets do you think will comply? not many thats for damn sure!

(Allegheny County)

This article is nothing more than fear mongering. There is no new push to keep firearms from veterans.

This guy has a different opinion on the subject.

Dear Shit for Brains, Authenticate Your Crap!
    http://kerry-patton.com/dear-shit-fo...ate-your-crap/
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

It would come as no surprise if the gov. did it. All it takes is for a PTSD diagnosed vet to do a mass shooting, then they have the crisis they need to implement the gun control they want.

The government fears vets. They know shtf many of them would be the ones teaching the average member of the populace just like in 1776.

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    This article is nothing more than fear mongering. There is no new push to keep firearms from veterans.

This guy has a different opinion on the subject.

Dear Shit for Brains, Authenticate Your Crap!
    http://kerry-patton.com/dear-shit-fo...ate-your-crap/
    Here's an excerpt from Patton's response:

The letter Mr. Connelly discusses appears to be a cautionary, cover your ass (CYA), letter sent by the VA to a veteran. The letter appears to be confirming an offer from the VA to declare this veteran as “disabled” due to psychological issues. That is, he will have been certified as crazy if he accepts his diagnosed disability.
    That's crap. The law says you lose your ability to possess a firearm if you are involuntarily committed or adjudicated defective (by the courts, not an executive agency). Not because you accept disability benefits. It's Obama's new executive orders that are responsible for this change.

Patton is a hardcore Obama apologist, btw, so I'd take his claims with a grain of salt to begin with. He's written articles defending Joe Biden and Chuck Hagel.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fujisawa-sensai View Post

That's crap. The law says you lose your ability to possess a firearm if you are involuntarily committed or adjudicated defective (by the courts, not an executive agency). Not because you accept disability benefits. It's Obama's new executive orders that are responsible for this change.

Patton is a hardcore Obama apologist, btw, so I'd take his claims with a grain of salt to begin with. He's written articles defending Joe Biden and Chuck Hagel.
    I work for the VA in Compensation and Pension.

There is no new push.

These laws were around well before Obozo took office.

I'm glad I don't work those types of cases.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fujisawa-sensai View Post

A grain of salt makes everything taste better.

Adjudicated as a mental defective. (a) A determination by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority that a person, as a result of marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease:

(1) Is a danger to himself or to others; or

(2) Lacks the mental capacity to contract or manage his own affairs.

(b) The term shall include—

(1) A finding of insanity by a court in a criminal case; and

(2) Those persons found incompetent to stand trial or found not guilty by reason of lack of mental responsibility pursuant to articles 50a and 72b of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, 10 U.S.C. 850a, 876b.
    http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx....1.2.3&idno=27

Further

This definition of “mental defective” was promulgated by the ATF in a final rule published on June 27, 1997.433 In the final rule, the ATF noted that the VA had commented on the “proposed rulemaking” and had correctly interpreted that “adjudicated as a mental defective” includes a person who is found to be “mentally incompetent” by the Veterans Benefit Administration (VBA). Under veterans law, an individual is considered “mentally incompetent” if he or she lacks the mental capacity to contract or manage his or her own affairs for reasons related to injury or disease (under 38 CFR §3.353).434 In a proposed rulemaking, the ATF opined that the inclusion of “mentally incompetent” in the definition of “mental defective” was wholly consistent with the legislative history of the 1968 Gun Control Act.435 Reportedly, the VA could have been the only federal agency that had promulgated a definition like “mentally incompetent” that overlapped with the term “mental defective.”436
    http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL32842.pdf

(Allegheny County)

This thread was the root point of a thread I suggested that parents don't let your babies grow up to be soldiers in Obama's volunteer military.

Keep your kids out of Obama's military.

True or not on a 'big push" for PTSD evals, it is a known issue that the anti's want to make sure vets are looked at long and hard to possibly disqualify them for 2A rights based on mental health.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140318

Recall they made a huge freaking deal over Dorner's background. Vets/soon-to-be-vets are low hanging fruit for .gov as opposed to running John Q Public in front of a doctor.

If you know a vet/soon-to-be-vet, suggest to them to think twice before looking for PTSD bennies from Uncle Sugar - it comes with a high price.

And if you know of someone coming of age and you care half a shit for them -tell them to stay the hell out of Obama's military from the get go.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.