Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default EXCLUSIVE: Cuomo Close To Announcing Sweeping New Gun Control Laws

An Unconstitutional law is "quite a coup" for Coumo????
    Aptly stated.....FUCK PPNY....I will never set foot there again...ever !!!

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/01/08/e...trol-laws/

YONKERS, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) — A deal to give New York one of the toughest gun control laws in the nation is being negotiated by Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who, sources said Tuesday, is hoping to announce the plan Wednesday during his State of the State speech in Albany.

Cuomo hopes to jump-start the 2013 legislative session with a big deal that could dramatically alter gun control laws across the state.

Highly placed sources told CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer that Cuomo is negotiating with Assembly and Senate leaders for a package of gun control laws that would be a dramatic response to the gun violence besetting the nation, including the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

“It’s a very divisive topic,” Cuomo said on Wednesday. “There’s a lot of energy on both sides. Some people are vehemently against’ some people think we’re out of our minds for not passing it.”

Sources told Kramer the governor and lawmakers are negotiating furiously in the hope that Cuomo can announce a deal during his speech Wednesday.

Sources said the package is expected to include:

* New restrictions on assault weapons

* Stiffer penalties for using a gun to commit a crime

* New limits on the number of bullets in a gun magazine

“Gun control is highly political, politically contentious situation. It is polarizing,” Cuomo said.

In Westchester County, where Mamaroneck’s Hommocks Middle School was under lockdown last week amid reports a gunman tried to enter the school, the need for gun control is on the minds of many.

“There’s just too many incidents that are happening that you think could be avoided if there were stronger regulations about it,” one mother from Larchmont said, adding when asked if her children’s safety is her motivation, “Absolutely, I mean you can’t even send them to school now. Now my kids have police in front of their school. I mean you wonder how far it’s going to go.”

“I think it’s necessary with everything that’s happening,” Mamaroneck resident Gail Nubile added. “With the recent things that have been going on it does make you think that things to be happening, so you have to be extra cautious.”

Cuomo’s move comes as Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Gun Violence released a new commercial to push for federal action. It features Roxanna Green, the mother of Christina Taylor-Green, who was killed two years ago Tuesday in the Tucson, Ariz., massacre.

“How many more children must die before Washington does something to end our gun violence problem?” Roxanna Green says during the ad.

It would be quite a coup for Cuomo, a potential 2016 presidential candidate, to show progress on gun control while Washington dithers.

Late Tuesday night a Cuomo spokesman said the sides still had not reached an agreement, but sources told CBS 2′s Kramer there is talk of keeping the Legislature in session for the rest of the week to make sure a deal gets done.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: EXCLUSIVE: Cuomo Close To Announcing Sweeping New Gun Control Laws

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post

It would be quite a coup for Cuomo, a potential 2016 presidential candidate, to show progress on gun control while Washington dithers.
    This...

Cuomo wants to be the Big Cheeze..... I guess he figures that America is ready to live like they do in New York City.

Just remember - while Andrew was Secretary of Housing and Human Services under Clinton he helped set the Credit Crunch in motion by "fighting redlining" Cuomo used a meat axe approach then too.

I guess it's a Family Curse of the Cuomo Family. They believe their own BS.

(Bucks County)

The Statue of Liberty being there is the biggest farce of all time !!!!
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    The Statue of Liberty being there is the biggest farce of all time !!!!
    Yes, kind of ironic, isn't it ?
    Jesus is Lord !

(Bucks County)

America:
    Land of the "free stuff", Home of the Knave (or slave).

(Pike County)

This is why I moved to PA from NYC.

Its a Damm shame.

(Berks County)

I didn't read the the article, but interestingly enough, Kimber is located in Yonkers, NY.

I sincerely hope that Kimber gives serious consideration to moving their operations out of state, in light of all the gun laws that would likely make it very difficult for their business to grow and succeed. Maybe if some businesses voted with their feet (and took their money with them), it might at least raise some eyebrows in government.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Lancaster County)

My head is gonna explode! The policies of these same people are responsible for the death of 1.2 million babies each year for decades. FUCKING HYPOCRITES

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    My head is gonna explode! The policies of these same people are responsible for the death of 1.2 million babies each year for decades. FUCKING HYPOCRITES
    They aren't hypocrites. They are Statists.....Communists They ONLY care about POWER. Theirs.
    The end justifies the means.....any means.
    Bill Ayres said it best and they ALL are on board.

One more time:
    http://www.westernjournalism.com/bil...s-elimination/
    Last edited by PocketProtector; January 9th, 2013 at 11:08 AM.

(Monroe County)

Andrew, azende me tuzeprovenos sfachim!

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast