Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default National Carry introduced again

Do you think it will fly this time?
    http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?p=6...okSocial022211
    The answer to a fool is silence.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: National Carry introduced again

Hope not. If it is voted in, later on down the road it could be voted out. Then nobody legally carries in any state. Or what if NY style law was voted in, where it would be almost impossible to get a "permit". The less the Fed is involved, the better. I think it is better to push at the state level. Some may never have good carry laws, but it's better than no carry anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by nijwnfi View Post
    Hope not. If it is voted in, later on down the road it could be voted out. Then nobody legally carries in any state. Or what if NY style law was voted in, where it would be almost impossible to get a "permit". The less the Fed is involved, the better. I think it is better to push at the state level. Some may never have good carry laws, but it's better than no carry anywhere.
    It does not say that states cannot still issue LTCs. It just means that you can carry in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    It does not say that states cannot still issue LTCs. It just means that you can carry in all states.

It's not what the law says now. It's what the law could say when the winds shift.

The feds are already so far up my ass I can taste brlycreem.

Ok I stole that from jr. Soprano, but it works
    FUCK BIDEN

What I want to see is the end of "permits" altogether. If your legally allowed to own a gun you should be legally allowed to carry it anywhere you please. Criminals won't obey any law so why hamstring those who don't break the law? The only place, off the top of my head, I can see restricting firearms is onboard of planes. A misplaced shot penetrating an aircraft has some pretty bad results. Unless of course your loaded with safety shots.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    What I want to see is the end of "permits" altogether. If your legally allowed to own a gun you should be legally allowed to carry it anywhere you please.
    You'll see a homosexual president being sworn into office while receiving fellatio from the ghost of Ronald Regan as the Supreme Court dances in full-on S&M gear to Lady Gaga's "Poker Face" before that happens.

Clearly, not out of the realm of possibility.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

Quote Originally Posted by nijwnfi View Post
    That's why even if this passes the states should recognize all other permits unilaterally, just as a backup in case the law is repealed. I think a politician trying to repeal this will be kissing their career away by doing so.

(Bucks County)

I strongly suspect that if this passes California, New Jersey, Illinois, and several other states will immediately repeal their laws permitting concealed carry of any kind.
    Almost a LIB .... ertarian

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by rikilii View Post
    I strongly suspect that if this passes California, New Jersey, Illinois, and several other states will immediately repeal their laws permitting concealed carry of any kind.
    No, what you'll see is California, New Jersey, Illinois, and several other states immediately filing suit in federal court to declare it an unconstitutional usurpation of power by the federal government since it would be in contravention to the powers and authority granted to the federal government by the several states.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    No, what you'll see is California, New Jersey, Illinois, and several other states immediately filing suit in federal court to declare it an unconstitutional usurpation of power by the federal government since it would be in contravention to the powers and authority granted to the federal government by the several states.
    And I'm sure they'll lose. If the Fedril Gubmint can regulate the sale of firearms, it can regulate the carrying of those same firearms.
    Almost a LIB .... ertarian

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast