Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB2011 and HB1243 Updates

So far, there hasn't been a 2nd Consideration vote on either of these bills. WE NEED TO KEEP UP THE PRESSURE, and continue to contact our legislators - ask them to tell House leadership to bring these bills to a vote! Ask them to vote YES on HB2011, and NO on the Universal Background Check amendment. In addition, the FOAC is requesting support for an amendment proposed to HB1243 (Mental Health Records for Firearms Purchases) that, if passed, will allow HB1243 to restore firearm rights to those who have recovered from a mental illness.

For more information and updates on these efforts,
CLICK HERE

For legislator contact information,
CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Hunting

Notices

Hunting Love hunting? Share hunting information here with fellow hunters.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old February 15th, 2010

(Chester County)
Poonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hunter education course?

Anyone know when the hunter's safety courses start? My son will be 12 this year, and I'd like to enroll him in the HEC as soon as I can. thanks

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old February 15th, 2010
Grand Member

(Bucks County)
mrjam2jab has a reputation beyond reputemrjam2jab has a reputation beyond reputemrjam2jab has a reputation beyond reputemrjam2jab has a reputation beyond reputemrjam2jab has a reputation beyond reputemrjam2jab has a reputation beyond reputemrjam2jab has a reputation beyond reputemrjam2jab has a reputation beyond reputemrjam2jab has a reputation beyond reputemrjam2jab has a reputation beyond reputemrjam2jab has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hunter education course?

Check the Game Commission site...for a location near you...

Old February 15th, 2010

(Chester County)
Poonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond reputePoonie has a reputation beyond repute

Did so, found one. Signed my son up.........Thanks
Old February 16th, 2010

(Cambria County)
noslolo has a reputation beyond reputenoslolo has a reputation beyond reputenoslolo has a reputation beyond reputenoslolo has a reputation beyond reputenoslolo has a reputation beyond reputenoslolo has a reputation beyond reputenoslolo has a reputation beyond reputenoslolo has a reputation beyond reputenoslolo has a reputation beyond reputenoslolo has a reputation beyond reputenoslolo has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like I will have to wait until next year when I can go with my son. I wanted to go last year and I just had to much work to do. This year I have no vacation time left. I work every weekend. Next year my son will be 11 so I will have to plan ahead and make sure that I'm in town for it.
These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Thomas Paine 1776
Old February 16th, 2010

(Northampton County)
tsor39 has a reputation beyond reputetsor39 has a reputation beyond reputetsor39 has a reputation beyond reputetsor39 has a reputation beyond reputetsor39 has a reputation beyond reputetsor39 has a reputation beyond reputetsor39 has a reputation beyond reputetsor39 has a reputation beyond reputetsor39 has a reputation beyond reputetsor39 has a reputation beyond reputetsor39 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to tsor39

Just remember that there is the option for Independent Study Classes. You must attend a class to be tested, however, it is alot less time spent.

The course schedule can be found on the website. You can either study online or request the course materials and pay for postage.

Good luck.
Old February 17th, 2010

(Chester County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noslolo View Post
Looks like I will have to wait until next year when I can go with my son. I wanted to go last year and I just had to much work to do. This year I have no vacation time left. I work every weekend. Next year my son will be 11 so I will have to plan ahead and make sure that I'm in town for it.
I was told any child taking the course has to be at least 11 anyway, so it looks like you have no choice but to wait until he's 11.
Old February 17th, 2010

(Cambria County)
noslolo has a reputation beyond reputenoslolo has a reputation beyond reputenoslolo has a reputation beyond reputenoslolo has a reputation beyond reputenoslolo has a reputation beyond reputenoslolo has a reputation beyond reputenoslolo has a reputation beyond reputenoslolo has a reputation beyond reputenoslolo has a reputation beyond reputenoslolo has a reputation beyond reputenoslolo has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to go myself, now I will wait until next year and go with my son.
These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Thomas Paine 1776
Old February 17th, 2010

(Washington County)
R.W.J has a reputation beyond reputeR.W.J has a reputation beyond reputeR.W.J has a reputation beyond reputeR.W.J has a reputation beyond reputeR.W.J has a reputation beyond reputeR.W.J has a reputation beyond reputeR.W.J has a reputation beyond reputeR.W.J has a reputation beyond reputeR.W.J has a reputation beyond reputeR.W.J has a reputation beyond reputeR.W.J has a reputation beyond repute

Student has to be 11 years old turning 12 in the next license year.

John F Kennedy.
Old February 18th, 2010

(Cambria County)

Noah will be 11 and going on 12. So his age is not an issue next year. I'm pretty sure that my age isn't a problem.
Old February 18th, 2010

(Lackawanna County)
MikePrekopa has a reputation beyond reputeMikePrekopa has a reputation beyond reputeMikePrekopa has a reputation beyond reputeMikePrekopa has a reputation beyond reputeMikePrekopa has a reputation beyond reputeMikePrekopa has a reputation beyond reputeMikePrekopa has a reputation beyond reputeMikePrekopa has a reputation beyond reputeMikePrekopa has a reputation beyond reputeMikePrekopa has a reputation beyond reputeMikePrekopa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to MikePrekopa Send a message via Skype™ to MikePrekopa

I have to find one near me. the next class within driving distance from me is like a year away. Is the Game Commission the only place that can give classes ?