Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Hunting

Notices

Hunting Love hunting? Share hunting information here with fellow hunters.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old December 2nd, 2009, 09:44 PM

(Montgomery County)
Jonnyboy12 is on a distinguished road
Default Deer hunting in Montgomery county.

Hey everyone, just had a question... Recently I was told that legally you can't take a deer by rifle/shotgun in Montgomery county, but I haven't been able to find anything that either confirms or negates the fact. I was pretty sure I could take a deer using my shotgun and I checked and my township regs say I can but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something before I head out.. Thanks for your help.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old December 2nd, 2009, 10:47 PM

(Montgomery County)
Bravo Whiskey has a reputation beyond reputeBravo Whiskey has a reputation beyond reputeBravo Whiskey has a reputation beyond reputeBravo Whiskey has a reputation beyond reputeBravo Whiskey has a reputation beyond reputeBravo Whiskey has a reputation beyond reputeBravo Whiskey has a reputation beyond reputeBravo Whiskey has a reputation beyond reputeBravo Whiskey has a reputation beyond reputeBravo Whiskey has a reputation beyond reputeBravo Whiskey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Deer hunting in Montgomery county.

I have not had a hunting lic. in some years but I live right near Evansburg and I know they hunt deer @ that park. I also know, that the few open spaces that are privately held, are hunted w/ PERMISSION. I think you should be able to find a place if you go about it in a mature manner. Just by posting this ? you are showing that you care about your reputation/respect the law. I would post this type question and ask for a PM reply. State that you are safe and will honor the owners wishes and I am sure someone will let you hunt near your AO
Old December 3rd, 2009, 10:04 AM

(Delaware County)
Kb! Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKb! Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKb! Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKb! Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKb! Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKb! Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKb! Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKb! Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKb! Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKb! Bob has a reputation beyond reputeKb! Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyboy12 View Post
Hey everyone, just had a question... Recently I was told that legally you can't take a deer by rifle/shotgun in Montgomery county, but I haven't been able to find anything that either confirms or negates the fact. I was pretty sure I could take a deer using my shotgun and I checked and my township regs say I can but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something before I head out.. Thanks for your help.
In MontCo's WMU you can take deer by shotgun in approved areas.
Old December 9th, 2009, 10:57 PM

(Montgomery County)
Jonnyboy12 is on a distinguished road

thanks for the replies... did some more checking and I think I got it figured out.. thanks again!