Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Goundhog hunting tips

Can't help you on the 90gr bullets but tha 110 gr hornadays I used to shoot did real well and were very tough on a groundhog

Who needs bullets and guns for groundhogs?

My dog Joe got another one tody. This time he got off the chain, and the other dogs and the dogs next door were going ballistic. I went to see what was going on, and there was Joe on the other side of the fence. Would not come when called, and I went and looked, and had to drag him away...
    Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    Sgt....Do NOT piss off the wife, do NOT piss off the wife!
    Army Strong

These are my opinions, my opinions only. If you are offended, please, please, call Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, I would like the notoriety.

(Allegheny County)

My hunting tip: Be flexible.

While getting ready for work I looked into the back pasture and saw the really big groundhog I wanted last week. After getting the scoped .22 and carefully sliding up the screen in the bedroom window I was able to sit on the night-stand and squeeze off a head-shot at about 40 yards.

Only the second time I have shot from inside of the house and thankfully, the subsonic HP's made it much easier on the ears.

Brian

(Franklin County)

on this past monday, a friend and i went groundhog hunting on his farm...it was most disappointing. of the 5 groundhogs i spotted, 1 was in really high grass , so all i saw was his backside as he dissappeared into the weeds..and 2 others were just babies...smaller than rabbits. i did manage to shoot one adult, it was about 50 yards away, with his back turned to me. but for 4 hours of hunting and walking miles and miles of fields..that was very odd. anyone else having trouble finding them? could it be its just been so hot lately?
    "Hunting is a privilege, owning a gun is a right" ~ someone from outdoor life magazine..

(Delaware County)

At home, I have onlt begun to see them this week with any kind of regularity. Same goes for the foxes and the skunks.

Best regards,
    chalmitch
    "If you believe the term "militia" means the National Guard then you must believe that freedom of speech is reserved for the Government Printing Office." - Some guy, 2/2007

(Lancaster County)

Got a friend of mine who is a farmer...who knows other farmers...who is having trouble with the hogs themselves....Me n Dwhite got an aught 6 and .270 with some light ammo....and we are just waiting for the word on when we can go get em....I will report back ASAP....Any other lancaster locals possibly interested?
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

(Delaware County)

SS88,
    I'm in Delaware County and willing to drive with my .22 mag or .223. Lancaster is lots better than Schuykill in terms of time. "Any other lancaster locals possibly interested?" Easier to catch me at: chalmitch@yahoo.com.

Best regards,
    chalmitch
    "If you believe the term "militia" means the National Guard then you must believe that freedom of speech is reserved for the Government Printing Office." - Some guy, 2/2007

(Lancaster County)

I will get back to you when I hear anything...Oh yea and to go along with the best time to hunt them is when you dont have anything to kill it with....

Driving to my favorite swimming spot today I see 3 hogs crossing the field and guess what.......WEAPONLESS!

little bastages...
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 762xIan View Post
    Best time to get a groundhog for me seems to be when I DON"T have anything handy to kill the SOB living under my shed tearing it up.

Out he scurries right in front of me giving me the middle paw...all I can do is watch and cuss.

The war continues........
    I hear u... and agree. razm frazm, sons u b*****
    Gun Control means using both HANDS!!!

(Allegheny County)

haha my sister inlaws parents own a big farm in Beaver County, I asked her brother what he does with the carcases. He said I throw them back in the hole to teach the others a lesson. haha I thought it was funny coming from a 15 year old hahaha
    Gun Control means using both HANDS!!!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast