Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cambria County)

Cool wild boar hunting

does anyone know were you can hunt wild hogs in bedford pa. i don't want to have to go on a paid hunt if you do could you let me know.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: wild boar hunting

not trying to hijack the thread.i pretty much have the same question as the op but in northeast pa(wilkes-barre/scranton area).thanks in advance

(Jefferson County)

I think Bedford County is one of the counties that incidental shooting is prohibited due to trapping of feral swine. If I remember correctly, that prohibition is usually lifted during deer seasons because hunters will be in the field anyways. The prohibition is in place to keep hunters from driving the swine abouts.

You should call the PAGC to see if the prohibition is still in place for Bedford County.

Also, there is no "hunting" of feral swine in PA. You can only shoot them incidental to hunting another lawful game, when that lawful game is in season, and with a lawful device. ....which means, you have to be hunting something else, then if you see a feral pig you can shoot it.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Went on a Boar Hunt in Tioga Pa,dont know if thats near you,BLACK BOAR HUNTING LODGE,I took a hog with a S&W 686 357 mag,and another with the bow,I shot the biggest out of the group,It was very tough even after 12 hours in the crock pot,I recommend you take nothing bigger than 250 lbs,good luck hunting.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I think Bedford County is one of the counties that incidental shooting is prohibited due to trapping of feral swine. If I remember correctly, that prohibition is usually lifted during deer seasons because hunters will be in the field anyways. The prohibition is in place to keep hunters from driving the swine abouts.

You should call the PAGC to see if the prohibition is still in place for Bedford County.

Also, there is no "hunting" of feral swine in PA. You can only shoot them incidental to hunting another lawful game, when that lawful game is in season, and with a lawful device. ....which means, you have to be hunting something else, then if you see a feral pig you can shoot it.
    Just go "hunting coyotes" which are in season all the time.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Fortunately coyote is open all year long so that shouldnt be an issue

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by tabasco_joe View Post
    Just go "hunting coyotes" which are in season all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by herplover View Post
    Fortunately coyote is open all year long so that shouldnt be an issue
    Right, same with groundhog. But if a person goes out and is stopped by a WCO, whom which asks the hunter what he is hunting, then the hunter responds "feral swine" or any variation of their name - he could be in trouble.

You have to be hunting something that is legal. Shooting of swine is to be incidental. It is to keep people from driving the swine around, just like the parts of the state that swine shooting is prohibited due to trapping efforts.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lawrence County)

I went to Texas for my hog hunt (won it at a Whitetails banquet), but boy would it be great to be able to shoot one here in the homestate.

Subscribed to hear if there are any non-paying options....
    Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Went on a Boar Hunt in Tioga Pa,dont know if thats near you,BLACK BOAR HUNTING LODGE,I took a hog with a S&W 686 357 mag,and another with the bow,I shot the biggest out of the group,It was very tough even after 12 hours in the crock pot,I recommend you take nothing bigger than 250 lbs,good luck hunting.
    Do you have any contact info for this lodge?
    I googled and didn't see a website???

Thanks
    Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.

(Lehigh County)

So my buddy who has property in Bradford got a hog / boar (unknown difference) on a trail cam. This prompted the question - there is no season for hog / boar is there? First time we got these pigs on trail cams.