Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Hunting

Notices

Hunting Love hunting? Share hunting information here with fellow hunters.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old June 20th, 2011, 03:21 PM

(Philadelphia County)
magras has a reputation beyond reputemagras has a reputation beyond reputemagras has a reputation beyond reputemagras has a reputation beyond reputemagras has a reputation beyond reputemagras has a reputation beyond reputemagras has a reputation beyond reputemagras has a reputation beyond reputemagras has a reputation beyond reputemagras has a reputation beyond reputemagras has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Treestands for fat people

im 360 i need a stand that is portable but can safely handle my big juicyness haha i was lookin at screaming eagle stands but i would like more of an optin other than lose the weight

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old June 20th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Grand Member

(Monroe County)
Dredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond reputeDredly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Treestands for fat people

keep your juiciness on the ground dude! The biggest Summit hits 350 pound limit and you are just over that. If anything happens and you fall from the stand are you going to be able to get back up on it? the Screaming Eagle stands are hang ons, can you get up a set of cilmbing sticks or a tree ladder?

Look into a good quick blind
The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.
Old June 20th, 2011, 03:50 PM

(Philadelphia County)
magras has a reputation beyond reputemagras has a reputation beyond reputemagras has a reputation beyond reputemagras has a reputation beyond reputemagras has a reputation beyond reputemagras has a reputation beyond reputemagras has a reputation beyond reputemagras has a reputation beyond reputemagras has a reputation beyond reputemagras has a reputation beyond reputemagras has a reputation beyond repute

i may be heavy but i do 2 sets of pull ups and chin ups a day pretty sure i can swing it .tree ladders and ropes with climbing knots also not a problem
Old June 20th, 2011, 03:55 PM

(Lackawanna County)
RBELARDI has a reputation beyond reputeRBELARDI has a reputation beyond reputeRBELARDI has a reputation beyond reputeRBELARDI has a reputation beyond reputeRBELARDI has a reputation beyond reputeRBELARDI has a reputation beyond reputeRBELARDI has a reputation beyond reputeRBELARDI has a reputation beyond reputeRBELARDI has a reputation beyond reputeRBELARDI has a reputation beyond reputeRBELARDI has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by magras View Post
im 360 i need a stand that is portable but can safely handle my big juicyness haha i was lookin at screaming eagle stands but i would like more of an optin other than lose the weight
I'm a big guy myself (280) I have been using a Loggy Bayou for as long as I can remember I think the limit on it is 250 but they always have a little wiggle room built into them for weight limit and liability. I have never had an issue with mine. I climb up and down the tree with the stand every time I hunt and when i get in the tree im usually there the entire day (unless a serious bathroom emergency comes up). I came out of that tree stand about 5 yrs ago and im grateful for my safety harness, it defiantly saved my a$$ that day. It was of no fault of the stand, it was all my fault. I was coming down at the end of the day, I was tired and stiff and in a hurry to get home, the trees was wet and the stand slipped a little and well there I was hanging from my fully body harness 18 ft in the air. I had to make a cell phone call for one of my friends to rescue me with a ladder.

Bottom line . . . . Pick a good stand but ALWAYS pick a better harness . . .

Rob
Old June 20th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Grand Member

(Somerset County)
dk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond repute

You might weigh 360 but how much do you weigh at 'hunting weight"? Add up all those heavy clothes, a rifle, food, thermos, etc and I'll bet you're pushing 380 or better. Your stand will have to support all that too.

Dale
Old June 20th, 2011, 10:22 PM

(Philadelphia County)

ill just get the damn screamin eagle it has no limit i really wanted a climber though i dont really plan on going above maybe 12 to 15 feet where i go there is no need to touch the sky
Old June 20th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Grand Member

(Allegheny County)
27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to 27hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBELARDI View Post
I'm a big guy myself (280) I have been using a Loggy Bayou for as long as I can remember I think the limit on it is 250 but they always have a little wiggle room built into them for weight limit and liability. I have never had an issue with mine. I climb up and down the tree with the stand every time I hunt and when i get in the tree im usually there the entire day

Bottom line . . . . Pick a good stand but ALWAYS pick a better harness . . .

Rob
I believe there probably is a higher weight limit than what is their posted limit. Do you use the continuous strap LB used to give with their stands?
I tried out the strap quite a few times at a pretty low elevation and hung with all my stuff without issue but it's nothing like the body harnesses we use at work.
Old June 21st, 2011, 05:24 AM
Grand Member

(Lehigh County)
A-5 has a reputation beyond reputeA-5 has a reputation beyond reputeA-5 has a reputation beyond reputeA-5 has a reputation beyond reputeA-5 has a reputation beyond reputeA-5 has a reputation beyond reputeA-5 has a reputation beyond reputeA-5 has a reputation beyond reputeA-5 has a reputation beyond reputeA-5 has a reputation beyond reputeA-5 has a reputation beyond repute

A 16' double treestand supports 500 pounds, I know that you want to be portable but it is much safer.
Old June 21st, 2011, 05:40 AM
Grand Member

(Lackawanna County)
mollymayhem82 has a reputation beyond reputemollymayhem82 has a reputation beyond reputemollymayhem82 has a reputation beyond reputemollymayhem82 has a reputation beyond reputemollymayhem82 has a reputation beyond reputemollymayhem82 has a reputation beyond reputemollymayhem82 has a reputation beyond reputemollymayhem82 has a reputation beyond reputemollymayhem82 has a reputation beyond reputemollymayhem82 has a reputation beyond reputemollymayhem82 has a reputation beyond repute

So, instead of losing weight and getting healthier, you want a tree stand that can support more weight?