Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Hunting

Notices

Hunting Love hunting? Share hunting information here with fellow hunters.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old December 12th, 2010, 08:33 PM

(Philadelphia County)
W123driver will become famous soon enough
Default Public Land in 2B, Not Allegheny County

Does anyone know deer public land with hunting spots in 2B, but where rifle is legal? Thank you.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old December 12th, 2010, 08:41 PM

(Allegheny County)
IraqVeteran87 has a reputation beyond reputeIraqVeteran87 has a reputation beyond reputeIraqVeteran87 has a reputation beyond reputeIraqVeteran87 has a reputation beyond reputeIraqVeteran87 has a reputation beyond reputeIraqVeteran87 has a reputation beyond reputeIraqVeteran87 has a reputation beyond reputeIraqVeteran87 has a reputation beyond reputeIraqVeteran87 has a reputation beyond reputeIraqVeteran87 has a reputation beyond reputeIraqVeteran87 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Public Land in 2B, Not Allegheny County

I'm seeking the same information +1 for beating me to it
Old December 12th, 2010, 08:43 PM

(Allegheny County)
BandanaBandit1 has a reputation beyond reputeBandanaBandit1 has a reputation beyond reputeBandanaBandit1 has a reputation beyond reputeBandanaBandit1 has a reputation beyond reputeBandanaBandit1 has a reputation beyond reputeBandanaBandit1 has a reputation beyond reputeBandanaBandit1 has a reputation beyond reputeBandanaBandit1 has a reputation beyond reputeBandanaBandit1 has a reputation beyond reputeBandanaBandit1 has a reputation beyond reputeBandanaBandit1 has a reputation beyond repute

I always thought 2b was strictly Shotgun only (im not an expert though). if you do find an area id love to know! Lol.
Old December 12th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Grand Member

(Allegheny County)
27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to 27hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandanaBandit1 View Post
I always thought 2b was strictly Shotgun only (im not an expert though). if you do find an area id love to know! Lol.
I think the Allegheny county portion of 2B is SG only as is the Allegheny county portion of 2A (Imperial area).

It looks like 2B is surrounded by rifle friendly counties. Washington, Westmoreland, Butler and Beaver.

I would have to outline the 2B area on a map and see if there is any land open to the public. If you can't locate this, perhaps drive around a bit and ask any local farmers for permission.

Since only Allegheny Co is the special reg area of 2B, you will be limited to hunting only there in the late season (Dec 27-Jan29) and with SG or archery only (not sure about ML regs). Check page 83

Old December 12th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Grand Member

ar15jules has a reputation beyond reputear15jules has a reputation beyond reputear15jules has a reputation beyond reputear15jules has a reputation beyond reputear15jules has a reputation beyond reputear15jules has a reputation beyond reputear15jules has a reputation beyond reputear15jules has a reputation beyond reputear15jules has a reputation beyond reputear15jules has a reputation beyond reputear15jules has a reputation beyond repute

We used to have great luck by the Greater Pitt airport. I think those days are long gone though my friend....
Jules
Old December 12th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Grand Member

(Allegheny County)
27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute27hand has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
We used to have great luck by the Greater Pitt airport. I think those days are long gone though my friend....
Jules
Yes they are. I do hunt around what used to be Michelles supper club and don't do too poorly there. The area I hunt now is surrounded by posted signs.
Old December 12th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Grand Member

(Westmoreland County)
renegadephoenix has a reputation beyond reputerenegadephoenix has a reputation beyond reputerenegadephoenix has a reputation beyond reputerenegadephoenix has a reputation beyond reputerenegadephoenix has a reputation beyond reputerenegadephoenix has a reputation beyond reputerenegadephoenix has a reputation beyond reputerenegadephoenix has a reputation beyond reputerenegadephoenix has a reputation beyond reputerenegadephoenix has a reputation beyond reputerenegadephoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
I think the Allegheny county portion of 2B is SG only as is the Allegheny county portion of 2A (Imperial area).

It looks like 2B is surrounded by rifle friendly counties. Washington, Westmoreland, Butler and Beaver.

I would have to outline the 2B area on a map and see if there is any land open to the public. If you can't locate this, perhaps drive around a bit and ask any local farmers for permission.

Since only Allegheny Co is the special reg area of 2B, you will be limited to hunting only there in the late season (Dec 27-Jan29) and with SG or archery only (not sure about ML regs). Check page 83

on page 11 it lists all of 2B as antlerless after Christmas till the 29th of January. this would be rifle outside of Allegheny co. and SG for Allegheny during that time, then you have he archery and flintlock till the 29th also.
Old December 12th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Grand Member

(Allegheny County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegadephoenix View Post
on page 11 it lists all of 2B as antlerless after Christmas till the 29th of January. this would be rifle outside of Allegheny co. and SG for Allegheny during that time, then you have he archery and flintlock till the 29th also.

Interesting in that the special regs areas outlined on page 83 don't say that the special regs area is all of 2B but only indicates Allegheny co as being such.

On page 45, it says the special regs area is PART of 2B. Left column. Antlerless WMUs 2B,5C &5D. On the right side of the page it says all of Allegheny Co.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it.

Edit to add that after reading through it a few times, it looks like rifle is ,in fact legal in the 2B areas outside of AC. ( I think ) I was focusing too much on special reg areas. My bad

Last edited by 27hand; December 12th, 2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old December 13th, 2010, 09:03 PM

(Allegheny County)
Windthing Ray has a reputation beyond reputeWindthing Ray has a reputation beyond reputeWindthing Ray has a reputation beyond reputeWindthing Ray has a reputation beyond reputeWindthing Ray has a reputation beyond reputeWindthing Ray has a reputation beyond reputeWindthing Ray has a reputation beyond reputeWindthing Ray has a reputation beyond reputeWindthing Ray has a reputation beyond reputeWindthing Ray has a reputation beyond reputeWindthing Ray has a reputation beyond repute

The only legal rifle is an ml its been sg only for longer than I have lived here. even if your hunting 1mile from the wm co line . The local pd watches hunters closely as well as many of the residents so its nearly impossible to get a rifle in and out of the woods in Al co. And public land is diminishing rapidly. mostl thanks to greedy land owners who think they own the deer population and the not so sportsman like sportsmen who ruin good hunting spots with their immature acts near houses and care of land they hunt on. just wanted to add my 2c
There are some good spots right of rt 3o in wm co just check a few places
Old December 14th, 2010, 03:27 PM

jokusfocus has a reputation beyond reputejokusfocus has a reputation beyond reputejokusfocus has a reputation beyond reputejokusfocus has a reputation beyond reputejokusfocus has a reputation beyond reputejokusfocus has a reputation beyond reputejokusfocus has a reputation beyond reputejokusfocus has a reputation beyond reputejokusfocus has a reputation beyond reputejokusfocus has a reputation beyond reputejokusfocus has a reputation beyond repute

While not public lands, the cooperative program might be worth a look:
http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...=617662&mode=2

However, call the the local WCO before knocking on doors to make sure everything is up to date, accurate, etc.