Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB2011 and HB1243 Updates

So far, there hasn't been a 2nd Consideration vote on either of these bills. WE NEED TO KEEP UP THE PRESSURE, and continue to contact our legislators - ask them to tell House leadership to bring these bills to a vote! Ask them to vote YES on HB2011, and NO on the Universal Background Check amendment. In addition, the FOAC is requesting support for an amendment proposed to HB1243 (Mental Health Records for Firearms Purchases) that, if passed, will allow HB1243 to restore firearm rights to those who have recovered from a mental illness.

For more information and updates on these efforts,
CLICK HERE

For legislator contact information,
CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Hunting

Notices

Hunting Love hunting? Share hunting information here with fellow hunters.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old November 15th, 2010

(Lancaster County)
KLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Private Property Hunting

Where can I find laws relating to hunting private property?

Specifically I'm trying to find out if you own hunting land, are you permitted to take more than just your annual buck?

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old November 15th, 2010
Grand Member

(Lancaster County)
keystoneman 85 has a reputation beyond reputekeystoneman 85 has a reputation beyond reputekeystoneman 85 has a reputation beyond reputekeystoneman 85 has a reputation beyond reputekeystoneman 85 has a reputation beyond reputekeystoneman 85 has a reputation beyond reputekeystoneman 85 has a reputation beyond reputekeystoneman 85 has a reputation beyond reputekeystoneman 85 has a reputation beyond reputekeystoneman 85 has a reputation beyond reputekeystoneman 85 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Private Property Hunting

The laws for hunting private property, yours or anyone else's are the same as hunting State Game Land or other public property.

Farmers and the like can do the whole red tag thing, but that's outside of your question, IMO.

Last edited by keystoneman 85; November 15th, 2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old November 15th, 2010

(Lancaster County)
KLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond reputeKLiQ has a reputation beyond repute

That's a shame. Anyone know if that is different in VA?

What's red tag? Is that the extra tags to prevent crop damage?
Old November 16th, 2010
Super Moderator

(Jefferson County)
knight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to knight0334 Send a message via AIM to knight0334 Send a message via MSN to knight0334 Send a message via Yahoo to knight0334

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLiQ View Post
That's a shame. Anyone know if that is different in VA?

What's red tag? Is that the extra tags to prevent crop damage?
I'm not sure about VA. But in PA, game laws apply statewide regardless of who owns the land. You can only take what you have tags & licenses to take.

"Red Tags" are now DMAP tags for crop and forest damage. Landowners(link) and other state agencies(link) apply for them, then they can distribute them to hunters(or keep them for themselves).
Old November 16th, 2010

(Lancaster County)

If I read that right, a landowner that has uncultivated land can get 1 coupon per 50 acres of land.

So if I own 100 acres of uncultivated land I could possibly take my regular buck plus 2 more DMAP bucks?
Old November 16th, 2010
Moderator Emeritus

(Luzerne County)
Pa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Pa. Patriot

Quote:
That's a shame.
It's a shame the state protects game resources?

While game inhabits private property, it is not part of the private property. It is a state controlled resource. Just like a stream. If it's on /through your private property, you can control access to it but you can't divert it to consume yourself 100%, or pollute it with your used motor oil.

Quote:
Anyone know if that is different in VA?
Some (few) states have more exceptions than others, in regards to landowner exceptions or preferences, but I know of none that do not control game on private property.

Quote:
So if I own 100 acres of uncultivated land I could possibly take my regular buck plus 2 more DMAP bucks?
If you qualify and they approve the tags, yes.

Quote:
danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
Remember Meleanie
Old November 16th, 2010

(Lancaster County)

No... I agree with protecting resources and I understand your point.

I'm considering purchasing some land and I want to know what I can and can't do. Having the ability to harvest a second buck would be a great thing IMO.

Just trying to do some research.
Old November 16th, 2010
Super Moderator

(Jefferson County)
knight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to knight0334 Send a message via AIM to knight0334 Send a message via MSN to knight0334 Send a message via Yahoo to knight0334

Quote:
No... I agree with protecting resources and I understand your point.

I'm considering purchasing some land and I want to know what I can and can't do. Having the ability to harvest a second buck would be a great thing IMO.

Just trying to do some research.
Does taste the same as bucks. And with the depletion of bucks, you're very likely to find does as big as bucks - like they are around here.
Old November 16th, 2010
Grand Member

(Somerset County)
dk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond reputedk99358 has a reputation beyond repute

DMAP tags are for antlerless ONLY. Red Tag is a different program and is antlerless ONLY.

The short answer is in Pa. you get ONE and ONLY ONE buck each year.

Dale
Old November 27th, 2010

USAFSP has a reputation beyond reputeUSAFSP has a reputation beyond reputeUSAFSP has a reputation beyond reputeUSAFSP has a reputation beyond reputeUSAFSP has a reputation beyond reputeUSAFSP has a reputation beyond reputeUSAFSP has a reputation beyond reputeUSAFSP has a reputation beyond reputeUSAFSP has a reputation beyond reputeUSAFSP has a reputation beyond reputeUSAFSP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
Does taste the same as bucks. And with the depletion of bucks, you're very likely to find does as big as bucks - like they are around here.
Does taste better than bucks, Sir. I'm no trophy hunter. Unless you considering a filled freezer a trophy.