Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Glue removal from wood grips

I have a Browning BDA 380 with wood grips. It was missing the medallions when I bought it. I bought two new medallions to glue on. However, when I placed the medallions in the recess(dry run mock up)they were proud of the grips due to existing dry glue. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove the existing glue without damaging the grips?

[IMG][/IMG]

Default Re: Glue removal from wood grips

depending on the glue, Acetone (finger nail polish remover) will probably do the trick, try a little, note, polish remover is about 10% acetone, pure acetone works fast but also dries up very fast.. If you use pure, don`t forget to close the lid..
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Glue removal from wood grips

Thanks Frenchy. Nail polish remover did the trick, along with some light scraping with a precision screwdriver. I tried to rep you, wouldn't let me. I'll get you later.