Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Hi-power owners help

Just finished a full disassembly/cleaning after long term storage (rust), and I need a little info.
    My question is if you drop the hammer and cycle the slide while holding the trigger, does your slide jump a couple thou's forward after trigger release? I'm not the best hi-power guy, the owner was warned. Haha. I'm not worried about my reassembly, I'm worried that I missed something during inspection. Did I mention that I HATE the mag safety!

(Berks County)

Default Re: Hi-power owners help

Mine is in storage

From memory I don't recall the slide going forward like that when I did a safety check.

Re clean and check how the recoil spring guide is installed. I believe that the flat part under the hole for the slide stop should be facing down toward the receiver not up under the barrel.

Let me know if this works.
    gotta love her ;)

Quote Originally Posted by bjmac View Post
    Just finished a full disassembly/cleaning after long term storage (rust), and I need a little info.
    My question is if you drop the hammer and cycle the slide while holding the trigger, does your slide jump a couple thou's forward after trigger release? I'm not the best hi-power guy, the owner was warned. Haha. I'm not worried about my reassembly, I'm worried that I missed something during inspection. Did I mention that I HATE the mag safety!
    It wont matter if you use it as a paper weight..
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Delaware County)

Thanks! I hope I didn't toss it in upside down. I'll let ya know what I come up with.

I thought about tossing the mag safety, I may still. I definitely want to shoot it before I modify anything though.
    The crazy thing, other than agi, I haven't found any useful info on these. My skills lie with 1911's, if this wasn't mine, I probably wouldn't touch it.

(Delaware County)

Sorry for the delay. I just double checked myself on everything, it's all good. Upon attempting to learn the operation of it, I feel as though it's probably normal. It is actually hanging up the slide on the trigger lever and sear lever interference. On trigger release, the trigger lever clears the sear lever and the slide can move.
    Never handling one of these, let alone full disassembly I am unsure. My gut says something is off yet, I could see it being normal.

I would love some confirmation on it. If not, I'll have to go grab a new one and see.

Quote Originally Posted by bjmac View Post
    You might want to pop over to the http://www.handgunsandammunition.com/ website as I'm sure somebody over there can assist. As for the mag safety, the one on my .40S&W Mk III has absolutely no negative impact on the trigger pull. So, I leave it alone.

--
    Mike