Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB2011 and HB1243 Updates

So far, there hasn't been a 2nd Consideration vote on either of these bills. WE NEED TO KEEP UP THE PRESSURE, and continue to contact our legislators - ask them to tell House leadership to bring these bills to a vote! Ask them to vote YES on HB2011, and NO on the Universal Background Check amendment. In addition, the FOAC is requesting support for an amendment proposed to HB1243 (Mental Health Records for Firearms Purchases) that, if passed, will allow HB1243 to restore firearm rights to those who have recovered from a mental illness.

For more information and updates on these efforts,
CLICK HERE

For legislator contact information,
CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Events > Gun Shows

Notices

Gun Shows Nothing beats a gun show for finding great deals on knives and beef jerky, and occasionally firearms as well.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

philadelphia national guard armory
Calendar: Gun Shows
magras

January 28th, 2012
Address: 2700 southampton rd
City: philadelphia
Entry Fee: 7

Philadelphia National Guard Armory

2700 Southampton Rd
Philadelphia PA 19154

2012 Dates

January 28 & 29
March 31 & April 1
May 5 & 6
July 21 & 22
September 15 & 16
November 10 & 11

Open to the Public
9 to 5 Saturday
9 to 3 Sunday
Admission is $7.00 for anyone 12 and up
Parking is free

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old January 25th, 2012

(Montgomery County)
carrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: philadelphia national guard armory

I was wondering when someone might post this one. I guess I could have. Does anyone know if this show is any good? There's a $1 off coupon at the bottom of the page here:

http://newsite.appalachianpromotions....aspx?tabid=59

or here:

http://www.gunshows-usa.com/images/B.../dolloroff.htm

They're both different but I'm guessing either would be accepted.
Old January 26th, 2012

Spamchicken has a reputation beyond reputeSpamchicken has a reputation beyond reputeSpamchicken has a reputation beyond reputeSpamchicken has a reputation beyond reputeSpamchicken has a reputation beyond reputeSpamchicken has a reputation beyond reputeSpamchicken has a reputation beyond reputeSpamchicken has a reputation beyond reputeSpamchicken has a reputation beyond reputeSpamchicken has a reputation beyond reputeSpamchicken has a reputation beyond repute

Eh...

A gun show is a gun show, however I find this one to be the most disappointing compared to the few shows I've been to such as Valley Forge, Oaks, and the Allentown show this past weekend (which is smaller than the armory show).

If you're close, and I mean "in the area" close, and you like gun shows, I'd say check it out. I live minutes away from it so I always catch it unless I'm not in the mood. Expect more junk, parts, knives, and paraphernalia than guns, but occasionally it can be ok. Oh, and parking can be hairy, but I usually find a spot.
Old January 26th, 2012

reloaderguy has a reputation beyond reputereloaderguy has a reputation beyond reputereloaderguy has a reputation beyond reputereloaderguy has a reputation beyond reputereloaderguy has a reputation beyond reputereloaderguy has a reputation beyond reputereloaderguy has a reputation beyond reputereloaderguy has a reputation beyond reputereloaderguy has a reputation beyond reputereloaderguy has a reputation beyond reputereloaderguy has a reputation beyond repute

Take the money you save by not going to this show and buy some ice cream. You will be happy you did. The Oaks show is the show to go to in a couple weeks.
Old January 27th, 2012

(Montgomery County)
carrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond reputecarrguy1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reloaderguy View Post
Take the money you save by not going to this show and buy some ice cream. You will be happy you did. The Oaks show is the show to go to in a couple weeks.
Duely noted.
Old January 27th, 2012

(Philadelphia County)
LostinGermany has a reputation beyond reputeLostinGermany has a reputation beyond reputeLostinGermany has a reputation beyond reputeLostinGermany has a reputation beyond reputeLostinGermany has a reputation beyond reputeLostinGermany has a reputation beyond reputeLostinGermany has a reputation beyond reputeLostinGermany has a reputation beyond reputeLostinGermany has a reputation beyond reputeLostinGermany has a reputation beyond reputeLostinGermany has a reputation beyond repute

Iv'e found some good deals at this show in the past year. Is the Oaks show that much better?
Old January 27th, 2012

(Bucks County)
douglee25 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can sell and or trade here too, correct?

I live like 10 minutes from here and I have a pistol I was thinking of getting rid of.

If they buy/trade, do they pay reasonably well?

Doug
Old January 28th, 2012

(Bucks County)
douglee25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I guess everyone must be there since I didn't get a response.

Anyway, I'm on my way now.

Doug
Old January 28th, 2012

(Montgomery County)

I think I've decided not to go. First because I don't really have anything to spend right now and second because the reviews above are lukewarm at best. It sounds like the oaks show is the one to go to so I'll hold off til then. Anyone that did go to this one check back in and let me know how it was. Maybe I'll check it out in march.
Old January 28th, 2012

reloaderguy has a reputation beyond reputereloaderguy has a reputation beyond reputereloaderguy has a reputation beyond reputereloaderguy has a reputation beyond reputereloaderguy has a reputation beyond reputereloaderguy has a reputation beyond reputereloaderguy has a reputation beyond reputereloaderguy has a reputation beyond reputereloaderguy has a reputation beyond reputereloaderguy has a reputation beyond reputereloaderguy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinGermany View Post
Iv'e found some good deals at this show in the past year. Is the Oaks show that much better?
The word I would use would be outstanding and not better!