Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Events > Gun Shows

Notices

Gun Shows Nothing beats a gun show for finding great deals on knives and beef jerky, and occasionally firearms as well.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Allentown Gun Show - Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society
Calendar: Gun Shows
tonyfac
Banned

February 11th, 2012
Address: Allentown Fairgrounds - 302 N.17th Street
City: Allentown, PA. 18104
Entry Fee: $7

302 N.17th Street
Allentown, PA. 18104

Show Hours:
Saturday - 2/11/2012 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Sunday - 2/12/2012 09:00 AM - 02:00 PM

Admission:
Adult: $7.00

Number of Tables:

Old February 8th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Noah_Zark has a reputation beyond reputeNoah_Zark has a reputation beyond reputeNoah_Zark has a reputation beyond reputeNoah_Zark has a reputation beyond reputeNoah_Zark has a reputation beyond reputeNoah_Zark has a reputation beyond reputeNoah_Zark has a reputation beyond reputeNoah_Zark has a reputation beyond reputeNoah_Zark has a reputation beyond reputeNoah_Zark has a reputation beyond reputeNoah_Zark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Allentown Gun Show - Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrower View Post
. . . Would I be likely to find a decent 1888 Trapdoor at this show . . .
Absolutely.

Quote:
. . . for a reasonable price?
Doubtful, using my definition of the word "reasonable."

You might find rougher examples in the $800+ range, and "decent" examples in the $1200 to $1500 range.

There's always an exception, but in my experience of attending the FOTD shows as a member for the past 4 years is what I base my remarks on.

That said, DO GO. It's a 19th century weaponalooza and well worth the price of admission for a collector interested in arms of that period.

Noah

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old February 8th, 2012, 05:41 PM

silent*anarchy has a reputation beyond reputesilent*anarchy has a reputation beyond reputesilent*anarchy has a reputation beyond reputesilent*anarchy has a reputation beyond reputesilent*anarchy has a reputation beyond reputesilent*anarchy has a reputation beyond reputesilent*anarchy has a reputation beyond reputesilent*anarchy has a reputation beyond reputesilent*anarchy has a reputation beyond reputesilent*anarchy has a reputation beyond reputesilent*anarchy has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes but not much you can haggle a good deal. Few years back a dealer had a yugo reworked k98 that some idiot stamped 1943, you could almost read the german 44 on the receiver though heavely scrubbed. he had $250 on it, i was looking it over cuz it had a untouched non# stock. I told him the date was not original and he agreed saying thats how he got it but now he is stuck with it. I asked how much lower he would to get rid of it since he had mostly lever actions on his table. $100 , i was so gone with it.
Old February 11th, 2012, 08:43 PM

silent*anarchy has a reputation beyond reputesilent*anarchy has a reputation beyond reputesilent*anarchy has a reputation beyond reputesilent*anarchy has a reputation beyond reputesilent*anarchy has a reputation beyond reputesilent*anarchy has a reputation beyond reputesilent*anarchy has a reputation beyond reputesilent*anarchy has a reputation beyond reputesilent*anarchy has a reputation beyond reputesilent*anarchy has a reputation beyond reputesilent*anarchy has a reputation beyond repute

Show was crowded today but people were NOT spending much, not many questions either. And i noticed a few of the regular table holders were MIA.But this is still my most favorite show.
Old February 12th, 2012, 07:37 AM

(Montgomery County)
abner13 has a reputation beyond reputeabner13 has a reputation beyond reputeabner13 has a reputation beyond reputeabner13 has a reputation beyond reputeabner13 has a reputation beyond reputeabner13 has a reputation beyond reputeabner13 has a reputation beyond reputeabner13 has a reputation beyond reputeabner13 has a reputation beyond reputeabner13 has a reputation beyond reputeabner13 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've never been to this show but I've heard that they specialize in 19th and early 20th century stuff (which is what I'm into). Would I be likely to find a decent 1888 Trapdoor at this show for a reasonable price? It's the same day as the Oaks show so I'm deciding between which one to go to (I can't go to both).
There's a reason it's called a HISTORIC arms show. If ya go Sunday , the Farmers Market is closed and parking is much better.

BTW, there's a very nice 1884 Trapdoor at Quinby's on 313 in Dublin.
Old February 12th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Banned
PAFOA Bronze Supporter

(Lehigh County)
tonyfac has a reputation beyond reputetonyfac has a reputation beyond reputetonyfac has a reputation beyond reputetonyfac has a reputation beyond reputetonyfac has a reputation beyond reputetonyfac has a reputation beyond reputetonyfac has a reputation beyond reputetonyfac has a reputation beyond reputetonyfac has a reputation beyond reputetonyfac has a reputation beyond reputetonyfac has a reputation beyond repute

i went on Saturday, very crowded. I spent a few hours walking around, thought the prices were a little bit higher than in the past. Even some tacticool items there. Only thing i bought was a few small files and a new set of roll punches.
i was looking for a M44 for a friend, only saw 1, overpriced. other than that, i thought the show overall was good, a lot of things to look at, some new vendors, very interesting firearms that you usually do not get to see that often.
Old February 15th, 2012, 09:17 PM
PAFOA Bronze Supporter

(Monroe County)
telopyros has a reputation beyond reputetelopyros has a reputation beyond reputetelopyros has a reputation beyond reputetelopyros has a reputation beyond reputetelopyros has a reputation beyond reputetelopyros has a reputation beyond reputetelopyros has a reputation beyond reputetelopyros has a reputation beyond reputetelopyros has a reputation beyond reputetelopyros has a reputation beyond reputetelopyros has a reputation beyond repute

I am trying to find a vendor. he was selling all knives that were damascus and hand made. he was an end table around the middle of the building with the food stand in it. if anyone could help, that would be awesome.
Old February 16th, 2012, 04:50 PM

(Northampton County)
warrior9504 has a reputation beyond reputewarrior9504 has a reputation beyond reputewarrior9504 has a reputation beyond reputewarrior9504 has a reputation beyond reputewarrior9504 has a reputation beyond reputewarrior9504 has a reputation beyond reputewarrior9504 has a reputation beyond reputewarrior9504 has a reputation beyond reputewarrior9504 has a reputation beyond reputewarrior9504 has a reputation beyond reputewarrior9504 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by telopyros View Post
I am trying to find a vendor. he was selling all knives that were damascus and hand made. he was an end table around the middle of the building with the food stand in it. if anyone could help, that would be awesome.
John Bauman.

Here is a website with his stuff:
http://artknives.com/john-bauman-knives.html
Old February 16th, 2012, 07:19 PM
PAFOA Bronze Supporter

(Monroe County)
telopyros has a reputation beyond reputetelopyros has a reputation beyond reputetelopyros has a reputation beyond reputetelopyros has a reputation beyond reputetelopyros has a reputation beyond reputetelopyros has a reputation beyond reputetelopyros has a reputation beyond reputetelopyros has a reputation beyond reputetelopyros has a reputation beyond reputetelopyros has a reputation beyond reputetelopyros has a reputation beyond repute

thank you sir
Old February 18th, 2012, 10:23 PM

(Chester County)
kimber 22 has a reputation beyond reputekimber 22 has a reputation beyond reputekimber 22 has a reputation beyond reputekimber 22 has a reputation beyond reputekimber 22 has a reputation beyond reputekimber 22 has a reputation beyond reputekimber 22 has a reputation beyond reputekimber 22 has a reputation beyond reputekimber 22 has a reputation beyond reputekimber 22 has a reputation beyond reputekimber 22 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Unfortunately it seems that the Friday "early bird" shows have gone the way of the Dodo now that the Valley Forge show is gone. Those were always my favorites. It cost a few extra dollars to get in but it was a lot less crowded and you had a chance to grab something unique before the hoards arrived on Saturday.
Two thumbs up!
Old February 18th, 2012, 11:20 PM

(Northampton County)
ronbo1012 has a reputation beyond reputeronbo1012 has a reputation beyond reputeronbo1012 has a reputation beyond reputeronbo1012 has a reputation beyond reputeronbo1012 has a reputation beyond reputeronbo1012 has a reputation beyond reputeronbo1012 has a reputation beyond reputeronbo1012 has a reputation beyond reputeronbo1012 has a reputation beyond reputeronbo1012 has a reputation beyond reputeronbo1012 has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know who the "gun sight guy" is and if there is some way to get in contact with him? I know he was at this show and probably has what I am looking for but I didn't get a chance to stop at his table. Maybe someone knows of other shows that may be coming up that he attends.