Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Rare Sight in the Mid State

So we were on our way home from Clearfield county and stopped at the Toms gas station off the Milroy exit of 322. Then a Stryker unit rolls in for fuel. I was able to snap a couple pictures of them. It was a cool experience being around that many Strykers. Kinda made you glad not to be a Taliban Insurgent. It was neat to watch the reception the soldiers got from everyone. Moms and kids were waving and hand shakes and congrats were given. Semi truckers were blowing there horns. And the Toms clerk did not charge for their coffee's. They were a reserve unit out of State College.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Rare Sight in the Mid State

Wow 'green vehicles'... probably get high mpg.

Seriously though... very cool. Thanks for posting.

(Perry County)

Very cool.

The government is no fun. They never put those in the surplus auctions.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Bucks County)

Well, since the cat's out of the bag now...they were actually on their way back from raiding Streaker's C-Ring factory. Apparently his client list includes some well known "worst than jihadi right wingers" and they wanted to make sure he was on the up and up.
    5.56mm, 9mm, .40SW, .44 Mag, .357 Mag, .22LR, 12GA, .45-70, 7.62x54R

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by MEK1911 View Post
    So we were on our way home from Clearfield county and stopped at the Toms gas station off the Milroy exit of 322. Then a Stryker unit rolls in for fuel. I was able to snap a couple pictures of them. It was a cool experience being around that many Strykers. Kinda made you glad not to be a Taliban Insurgent. It was neat to watch the reception the soldiers got from everyone. Moms and kids were waving and hand shakes and congrats were given. Semi truckers were blowing there horns. And the Toms clerk did not charge for their coffee's. They were a reserve unit out of State College.

Corrections:

If it is the State College / Bellefonte unit: it is C-Company 2-112th INF, 56 SBCT, 28th INF Div, (Mech), Pennsylvania Army National Guard.

The National Guard part is important. We are not reserves. Reservists are Federal troops, and are never combat arms. The National Guard makes up about 70% of the combat strength of the US Army; and consistently out preform active duty soldiers in conventional and COIN operations. (Which is another conversation about wasting our tax dollars).

The "car" on the left as C company calls them, is a mortar carrier the rest are Infantry carriers...I've never known why C-company calls their trucks cars.

If anyone wants to see them up close, they are often taken to county fairs; or you could PM me and I'll try to set something up during a drill weekend.
    Last edited by PAMedic=F|A=; April 16th, 2014 at 10:46 PM.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by PSUWaz00 View Post
    Well, since the cat's out of the bag now...they were actually on their way back from raiding Streaker's C-Ring factory. Apparently his client list includes some well known "worst than jihadi right wingers" and they wanted to make sure he was on the up and up.
    Not funny. We pay attention to what is going down. No one thinks it was for kicks that the A-10s were taken from the most decorated & active combat unit in the Air-Force....which happened to be PA Guard.

Now it seems all State units are losing their Apaches. We know what could go down. God help us.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Delaware County)

Oh yeah,,, they're real neat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, until they are parked in front of your house while they are looking through your place for the guns.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Centre County)

I drove behind one on Rt322 near Phillipsburg not too long ago.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Allegheny County)

So our armed forced get fuel at private gas stations? Well that's pretty fucked up.

(Dauphin County)

Yup, they're from the State College Armory. They will have a Stryker in Boalsburg on June 1st for the 28th Infantry Division's Memorial. Also, possibly July 6th for the Spike's Military Appreciation Day.
    USMC 06-11:OEF, PAARNG 12-present

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast