Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB80 (Formerly HB 1243, Preemption Law Changes) Is Off to the Governor for Signature!

Thanks to everyone's support of this bill, it has passed a concurrence vote in the House, and is now off to the Governor's desk to be signed. To link to the latest discussion on this effort, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old August 28th, 2007, 02:47 PM

(Somerset County)
Tsgtbob has a reputation beyond reputeTsgtbob has a reputation beyond reputeTsgtbob has a reputation beyond reputeTsgtbob has a reputation beyond reputeTsgtbob has a reputation beyond reputeTsgtbob has a reputation beyond reputeTsgtbob has a reputation beyond reputeTsgtbob has a reputation beyond reputeTsgtbob has a reputation beyond reputeTsgtbob has a reputation beyond reputeTsgtbob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sight question for a HighPoint C9?

We just bought a High Point C-9 for Kelly's plinking pleasure.

We sighted it in, she's hitting 3 round groups within a 1 inch area, but, we are not overly impressed with the sights. They are polycarbonate, and with the elevation we had to crank in, the rear is "flexing" with the smallest pressure on the sight assembly.

Are there aftermarket open sights available for this pistol? How tough would they be to put on?

BTW, she just LOVES it!!!!

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old August 28th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Grand Member

(Bedford County)
BUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sight question for a HighPoint C9?

In my years of gunsmithing, and reading through thousands of parts catalogs, I have yet to see an after market sight system for Hi-Point pistols.

I highly doubt you will find sights for such a low dollar handgun.
Old August 28th, 2007, 04:23 PM

(Somerset County)
Tsgtbob has a reputation beyond reputeTsgtbob has a reputation beyond reputeTsgtbob has a reputation beyond reputeTsgtbob has a reputation beyond reputeTsgtbob has a reputation beyond reputeTsgtbob has a reputation beyond reputeTsgtbob has a reputation beyond reputeTsgtbob has a reputation beyond reputeTsgtbob has a reputation beyond reputeTsgtbob has a reputation beyond reputeTsgtbob has a reputation beyond repute

I was kind of afraid of that. She likes the gun, it shoots well, eats almost any ammo we have fed it so far, and she can group it really well (for a lo-dollar gun).
Thanks!
Old August 28th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Grand Member

(Bedford County)
BUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond reputeBUCKMARK has a reputation beyond repute

No problem.

The Hi-Point is what it is...a low dollar pistol for beginners or folks on a budget. They work for their intended purpose - a low dollar launch pad for a bullet.

The average after market sight set starts at $50 and goes way up from there. Also companies make sights for only the more popular guns. Nobody wants to invest thousands on R&D only to sell 20 sets a month.

Take care of the Hi-Point and it will serve you well until you decide to move up to a better gun. Most gun "nutz" are always looking to move up. I'm still waiting for a 15 round .45 acp the size of a zippo lighter. No luck yet, I'll stick with Glock I guess.

Regards,
Buckmark
Old August 28th, 2007, 10:59 PM

WMG is a splendid one to beholdWMG is a splendid one to beholdWMG is a splendid one to beholdWMG is a splendid one to beholdWMG is a splendid one to beholdWMG is a splendid one to beholdWMG is a splendid one to beholdWMG is a splendid one to behold

I am fairly certain I have seen a peep/ghost ring sight on hi-points before , I "thought" they could be had from the factory and I do not know if that would solve your problem , but whatever. And no , I am not talking about the carbines , I seen them on their handguns before
Old August 28th, 2007, 11:35 PM

(Beaver County)
pistols&posies is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pistols&posies

Yeah, Hi-Point does have a ghost ring sight. I have that gun, I have the ghost ring on it, as for where to get one.. I couldn't tell you, my gun came with the ghost ring sight & a 3 dot sight... I thought they were all supposed to come with both.
Old August 29th, 2007, 11:54 AM

(Somerset County)

Yes, her's came with the Ghost Ring sight, in all honesty, we tried it, she prefers the 3 dot sight.

She's tried several types of handguns, and for a woman, she's got an odd hand size, which the HighPoint fills rather nicely. She has long fingers. A smaller griped gun, such as the Lady Smith, or even some of the Glocks that she tried were just uncomfortable for her to hang on to. A gun has to be comfortable to be accurate, and to encourage range time. An uncomfortable gun will do nothing to encourage good shooting practices.

I may start looking a sights that are similar in design, and try to modify one to fit, and be accurate.
Old November 17th, 2011, 11:16 PM

PassingThrough is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Sight question for a HighPoint C9?

I know this discussion is old, but I signed up just to pass this along and update this thread for future web searchers.

Aftermarket rear sights that work with ALL Hi Point handguns are available at this website:

http://www.mahansights.com/

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the site at all, just a recent Hi Point firearm purchaser who found the link on another forum

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com...d.php?t=284888