Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > General

Notices

General General firearm-related talk that does not fit into any of the other forums.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old August 8th, 2007, 07:44 PM

(Allegheny County)
twiss40cal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to twiss40cal
Unhappy www.packing.org ? what happened?

I tend to travel and used to go to www.packing.org to get the latest and best info on what the various states laws and reciprocity. Now the link comes back as no longer valid. Anyone know what is going on?

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old August 8th, 2007, 07:48 PM

(Wayne County)
rich will become famous soon enoughrich will become famous soon enough
Default Re: www.packing.org ? what happened?

See if this works for you
http://www.handgunlaw.us/
Old August 8th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Moderator Emeritus

(Luzerne County)
Pa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Pa. Patriot

Goes down somewhat often.
Latest news I heard is the owner is off at law school.

With the link above there is little use left for PDO, other than some of the archives. The discussion forums were always a childish flame fest.

Quote:
danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
Remember Meleanie
Old August 8th, 2007, 08:59 PM

(Allegheny County)
twiss40cal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to twiss40cal
Talking Re: www.packing.org ? what happened?

Thank you for the link.

I never looked at the discussion forums. I thought the site had been picked up by some volunteers. Maybe not.

Anyways, thanks again.
Old August 9th, 2007, 05:55 AM
Administrator

(Berks County)
ChamberedRound has a reputation beyond reputeChamberedRound has a reputation beyond reputeChamberedRound has a reputation beyond reputeChamberedRound has a reputation beyond reputeChamberedRound has a reputation beyond reputeChamberedRound has a reputation beyond reputeChamberedRound has a reputation beyond reputeChamberedRound has a reputation beyond reputeChamberedRound has a reputation beyond reputeChamberedRound has a reputation beyond reputeChamberedRound has a reputation beyond repute

Quite franklly, packing.org isn't what it used to be. It's original creator/owner doesn't seem to put much effort into it, and as a result there's no one moderating and the site goes down often. The problems over there are what caused me to look for alternatives more than a year ago, and find this site.

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
-James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
-John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
-Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
-King Leonidas
Old August 9th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

(Jefferson County)
knight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond reputeknight0334 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to knight0334 Send a message via AIM to knight0334 Send a message via MSN to knight0334 Send a message via Yahoo to knight0334

Packing's database of CCW info was 2-3 years out of date. Only a few of the members weren't trying to have a pissing contest in everythread, or "0" you for something the remotely had an off-topic theme.

God forbid you asked about a rifle, shotgun or open carrying. It could only be about Glocks and concealed carry.

The internet is now a better place with that site being down. Plenty of other places that allow people to voice their opinions or discuss the multitude of topics that re related to firearms.
Old August 9th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Moderator Emeritus

(Luzerne County)
Pa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond reputePa. Patriot has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Pa. Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
The internet is now a better place with that site being down.
I have to agree. Between the out of date info and the ignorance and plain ild mis-information in the forums it was a liability rather than a resource.
There was a time when this was not so but that was years ago.
Old August 10th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Grand Member

(Lawrence County)
Chazman321 has a reputation beyond reputeChazman321 has a reputation beyond reputeChazman321 has a reputation beyond reputeChazman321 has a reputation beyond reputeChazman321 has a reputation beyond reputeChazman321 has a reputation beyond reputeChazman321 has a reputation beyond reputeChazman321 has a reputation beyond reputeChazman321 has a reputation beyond reputeChazman321 has a reputation beyond reputeChazman321 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Chazman321

I liked packing.org because of the state links they had... It was hard reading things when everyone started posting bullcrap. And god forbid you have a different opinion... Here, if you give someone the wrong information, we politly say no, it's this, and that's the end of it... There, you get yelled and screamed at, your sexuality and intelligence is called into question, and you get half a million zeros all in the course of 5 minutes... That's why I stopped going there, it wasn't worth the hassle...
Old September 19th, 2007, 09:34 AM

ForestFriend is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry to hear that packing.org shut down because someone just referred me to that site to find info on the CCW process as it differs county to county in California. Does anyone know of any website or other source of info that would give this information: details on the CCW process BY COUNTY in the state of California. (E.g. describing the relative ease or difficulty of CCW application in each county, the residency requirements different counties have, etc).
Old September 19th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Grand Member

(Snyder County)
Zef_66 has a brilliant futureZef_66 has a brilliant futureZef_66 has a brilliant futureZef_66 has a brilliant futureZef_66 has a brilliant futureZef_66 has a brilliant futureZef_66 has a brilliant futureZef_66 has a brilliant futureZef_66 has a brilliant futureZef_66 has a brilliant futureZef_66 has a brilliant future

Check here. Looks like they give some good info by county.

HTH